• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

20% off your first house, plus a further £3,000 towards it*

Tom

TS Member
*only for those living in the south east of England.

Just to provide the key points of today's budget for anyone not nerdy enough to be aware:
  • More people in work than ever before, just like there are more people living in the country than ever before.
  • Lowest youth unemployment for decades, accompanied by the lowest youth population in the same period.
  • £250,000 to tackle the problem of seagulls - those birds which typically infest northern seaside resorts - in the southern cities.
  • Tax cuts for the multi-billion pound oil giants, to ensure that they are able to remain getting the oil out of the sea.

When I quickly glanced at this in the Shoutbox:

img

I honestly thought this was going to be a spam topic. :p

I personally look forward to seeing more money being invested in tackling the seagulls. They are by far one of the largest worries we face and I'm overwhelmed to see a solution is on the horizon.

I read from a source in The Sun that one picked up a pram containing a newborn baby and then dropped it from a height of over 100 feet.

heh, I find it amusing the northerners think gulls are a novelty in the south. I grew up a 10 min drive from Dover & Folkestone, our school field was home to flocks of them!

A missing key point was the extra investment to the UK icecream industry with a £50K subsidy. The aim is to capitalise on the Cornetto following the success of the 'Blood & Icecream' trilogy, offering further tax breaks to encorage more to be made in the UK.