• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2012/3 Closed Season Updates (pictures inside!)

Dave

TS Founding Member
So today we managed to get a few pics of various parts of the park undergoing winter maintenance, theres nothing particularly dramatic but a few interesting shots.

First off a quick look at a drained River Bank Eye-Spy

full-image.php

Here is the station to the boat ride

full-image.php

And here is a device used on Squirrel Nutty to inspect the track

full-image.php

Now over the the Flume

full-image.php

Here we see some work going on in the Flume station

full-image.php

Some of the Flumes theming looking in dire need of a spruce up

full-image.php

The Sanctuary seems to still be up in the Conservatory, its known to still be in situ but for what purpose?

full-image.php

A Rita train sits in off-load, only one train was visable as the other is in the maintenance shed

full-image.php

Work is continuing with BK's transition into Burger Kitchen

full-image.php

Looks like they have done a test paint on one of the pillers

full-image.php

The Courtyard is devoid of tables and chairs

full-image.php

And finally Poma are in doing work on the Skyride, here you can see the running wheels for the cable have been removed.

full-image.php

As said it's nothing dramatic but thought it might interest some people

:D

Re: A Little Look at the Closed Season

I want to know what they're doing with The Sanctuary.

*Prays for Feb Half Term opening*

I always enjoy looking at pictures during closed season to see, if any, work is going on :)

Some great photo's always like looking at closed season photos, also looks like it's not only the tavern losing its chairs and tables.

I would like to see the sanctuary make a return over February half term.

All the benches from the courtyard are currently inside the tavern. Probably to keep them nice and dry and away from the cold winter.

The pictures aren't loading at all for me, on Firefox or Chrome!

It's a shame as I wanted to view the pictures...

EDIT: They work on my mobile...

It's great to see the park in closed season. It looks like some areas need a spruce up though...

Longy said:
The pictures aren't loading at all for me, on Firefox or Chrome!

It's a shame as I wanted to view the pictures...

Odd as they open in those browsers for me, I will ask Joel but you might want to check your browser settings.

EDIT: Joel tells me the file sizes for the images are large so your connection might be timing out, will try and shrink them.

its good to see photos of the closed season shutdown.

Any idea what kind of maintenance they were doing on The Flume?

Zak said:
Any idea what kind of maintenance they were doing on The Flume?

They seemed to be working on the turntable floor, we wondered if its getting a new surface similar to Rapids recent re-do.

Wasn't The Flumes only done a few years back though?

Oh wow, nice pictures :)

It's always dead interesting to see what is happening during Closed Season on park - even though there's nothing major going on, it is still a nice insight!

*waits for a "bins" topic...*

Is there a chance that The Sanctuary could be a full-time attraction next season, to compliment SW7's first year? :)

I really hope it doesn't, I love Sanc, but I don't want it to go the way of SAW be a massive fail, audiences will begin to grow tired of the same maze and it will have a huge strain on the actors.

That and if it became a free attraction the exit to hex would be ruined, and her ladyships gardens will be constantly rammed making the place look messy. However, in February it would be ideal, its indoors so it can be opened all the time, and it will really help to build anticipation for march. And with the huge amount of negative review from last year due to a very small line up, it can only benefit the park in that respect.

Sam said:
Is there a chance that The Sanctuary could be a full-time attraction next season, to compliment SW7's first year? :)

I don't think so, rumour is they looked into that with TotT for 2011 but English Heritage are not keen. It might be up for opening though if we are lucky.

I'm undecided on the new colours for the burger kitchen but they will definitely freshen it up. I hope this transformation will go better than the Fried Chicken Co. The food is nice, but I've never had a hot meal. The burgers have always been luke-warm at best and when I've asked for a hot one they look at me like I spat on their shoes. This is a problem the large burger king had too with the long line-up of burgers on the 'hot' plate. I know this is done because of the sheer amount they have to cater for but there's got to be a better way.

Good photos, always nice to see a little behind the scenes.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Could there be a chance of the Sanctuary being open during Feb half term? Would be great advertising for SW7!

The probability is they haven't got round to taking it down yet, its probably a very long a tedious job. The half term event is aimed mainly at families so I doubt there would be any demand for a horror maze. Would be good though ;)