• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014 Albums

Nick

TS Member
So what albums are everyone excited to hear in 2014? I, personally, cannot wait to hear Beck's new album Morning Phase. Supposedly it's going to be similar to Sea Change, which is definitely a huge plus for me, and is coming out in February. Other albums that I'm looking forward to, that are currently announced, are: Transgender Dysphoria Blues by Against Me!, Shelter by Alcest and Carry Her Carry Me by Elbow.

Unscheduled albums that might, or might not, drop this year from Enter Shikari, Tool, Run The Jewels, Joanna Newsom, Cloud Nothings, Agalloch, TV on the Radio, Modest Mouse, Wilco, The Pains of Being Pure at Heart, Parquet Courts, Belle & Sebastian, Death Cab For Cutie, Dr. Dre, Wu-Tang Clan, Foo Fighters, Death From Above 1979, The Antlers and Kanye West could make for an interesting year. And of course, I will continue to hope that The Wrens' and The Avalanches' new albums will be released in the foreseeable future- I mean, My Bloody Valentine released something, so why can't they?

If only half of those are true, it should be a great year for music.

And, of course, I've heard several excellent albums that are due to be released in 2014 already. The albums from Angel Olsen, Sharon Jones, Self Defence Family, Jeremy Jay, Alor and Thee Silver Mt. Zion Memorial Orchestra & Tra-la-la Band (what a name) have been exceptional, and this is before 2014 has even started.

Confirmed:
- Roger Waters' new rock album after 20 years.

- Chris De Burgh's "The Hands of Man" being released in the autumn.

Speculated:
- David Gilmour's new album (Graham Nash let it slip that he was guest singing on it).

-Iron Maiden's new album. (But I reckon it'll be in 2015)

Hopefully, it'll be a good year for music.
:)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk 2

Slipknot's new album is apparently out in 2014

I'll dig to see what else.

Well thanks to Stevie above, I'm looking forward to the two ex-Pink Floyd solo albums.

Stiff Little Fingers new one. Tiesto's new album, I guess.

Not many of my favourite acts have told of anything happening as far as I am aware. It'd be interesting to get something new from the Rolling Stones and Fleetwood Mac though.

Alestorm are going back to the studio in 2014, not sure if the album is 2014 or 2015

ETA Nekrogoblikon have confirmed a new full length album for 2014

I like lists. Here's a list of the best albums I've heard so far this year:

1. The Unnatural World by Have a Nice Life (shoegaze/post-rock/post-punk)
2. Shelter by Alcest (shoegaze)
3. Burn Your Fire For No Witness by Angel Olsen (indie rock/psychedelic folk)
4. Bon Voyage by Sport (emo/post-hardcore)
5. Readymade by Delay Trees (dream pop)
6. Sun Structures by Temples (psychedelic rock)
7. Try Me by Self Defense Family (post-hardcore/spoken word)
8. Give the People What They Want by Sharon Jones & The Dap-Kings (soul/funk)
9. La Vuela Pipa by La Vuela Pipa (latin jazz/funk/hip-hop)
10. Abandoned Apartments by Jeremy Jay (indie pop)

Buzzcocks have become yet another band to have launched a new album project via Pledge Music.

Downloading the new Skindred album, Kill The Power.

They put on a fantastic live show at The Leadmill on Wednesday :D

^ Listened to that today, it's on spotify already. Wasn't a fan, much prefer their older stuff, roots rock riot and shark bites.
They are amazing live, and the Newport helicopter always goes down well ;)
Playing at Cambridge tonight, still tickets available. ;)
London's sold out tomorrow though.

I only like a select few 'bands' which is weird, I'm a massive house and trance guy really, but every now and again I fall in love with a band. Skindred being one, linkin park :/ being another. Wtf.

Looking forward to tiesto and a state of trance 2014 judging by what I've heard so far.

I know hed kandi's the mix 2014 was released in December, but it's pretty awesome all the same. I'd gone off hed kandi for a couple of years, but then the old stuff was sooooo good it took some beating. The 2014 mix is back on track I think. Space are releasing a 2014 mix too iirc.

smudge said:
^ Listened to that today, it's on spotify already. Wasn't a fan, much prefer their older stuff, roots rock riot and shark bites.
They are amazing live, and the Newport helicopter always goes down well ;)
Playing at Cambridge tonight, still tickets available. ;)
London's sold out tomorrow though.

I only like a select few 'bands' which is weird, I'm a massive house and trance guy really, but every now and again I fall in love with a band. Skindred being one, linkin park :/ being another. Wtf.

I'm broken all over but that gig was worth it by far. Viza and SOiL are good supporting acts too ;D

41f440f9.jpg

Say hello to the album of the year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoqmFL1vlU#ws

Oh I've just remembered Sabaton's and Alestorm's new albums.

Looking forward to some new Power and Pirate metal! :)