• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2014: Arthur in the Minimoys kingdom

Re: Europa-Park 2014

Its interesting that they are using the H beam style supports that intamin used on Th13teen. That was to lower noise levels which i wonder is the same reason for EP considering how close the ride will be to Rust

Re: Europa-Park 2014: Suspended Powered Coaster

Am I the only one wanting MACK to sell this prototype with swinging cars and running at an insanely high speed? The new variation on the Huss Emterprise :p

Europa Park on Facebook said:
The secret is out! Just in time for the successful completion of the summer season the Mack family has given together with Luc Besson, launched a major new project: "Arthur and the Invisibles" pull 2014 in the Europa Park.

69399_10151126875881440_1788886_n.jpg

Someone forgot to tell Luc Besson that it wasn't dress-down Friday at EP...

What a rubbish name.

I'm sure, however, this ride will be good!

They're so in advance!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

AstroDan said:
They're so in advance!
Or, just maybe it is everyone else that is so far behind ;)

EuroSatch said:
Soft-opening towards end of 2013 perhaps?

Possibly for Winter Season 2013/14, although I doubt it. I know originally, the plans for this ride were to open it in 2013 - and construction would have begun last winter. But, with Wodan and Bell Rock, they decided to delay it a year - rather than having two big years in a row.

However, with 16 months in order to get this project completed, it's probably the most in advance EP have ever started a ride?

I have high hopes for this. Add in Phase 2 of the Enchanted Forest which opens in 2013, to the carousel, mini drop towers and new restaurants... and this really could be a fantastic attraction. Luc Besson is well regarded too and, even if the IP is meaningless to us in the UK - who cares? If the theming and ride experience are anything like Wodan demonstrated, we're in for a treat.

The name is dire, though!

Construction Update: 13.12.12

Work is continuing to prepare the construction site for the 2014 Mack suspended powered rollercoaster project based around the Arthur and the Invisibles IP and developed collaboratively with Europacorp and Europa-Park/Mack Rides.

On this photo, you can see the EP Express track in dark green, with part of the existing Enchanted Forest. It really shows how close the project is to the village - i.e. backing on to the main road:
006.jpg

Literally, backing on to private property:
008.jpg

It's the reason no major outdoor attractions feature on that side of the park - so the noise doesn't disrupt the village. This, however, should work fine - as most of it is inside!

Rising soon will be a major dark ride building!
007.jpg

Dig Dig
002.jpg

The ride should open in March/April 2014.

All images ( C ) Chris-space.net

:D

Looking great :)

Has that green facade wall been built just for this project, or has it always been there?

Unsure. I presume the building is to be sort of tacked onto the back of it?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The green facade has been built some years ago. On the other side of the facade are apartments for the EP staff. If they had planed to use this place for the park when they build the apartments is, as far as i know, unknwon.

Ian said:
Am I the only one wanting MACK to sell this prototype with swinging cars and running at an insanely high speed? The new variation on the Huss Emterprise :p
I was thinking exactly the same thing mate :p Though I thought more like a Schwartzkopf Bayurn Curve (sp?) than an Enterprise.

Construction Update: 8.1.13

The first crane has been moved into place, ready for construction gather pace in the coming weeks.

015.jpg

011.jpg

013.jpg

:)

Well they have left it a bit late to start construction :p

Seriously though it certainly looks to be a big construction project :)

This is gonna be finished before SW7 at this rate.

NastyPasty said:
This is gonna be finished before SW7 at this rate.

We're gonna have to deal with these jokes with the shipping containers now aren't we? ???

Update: 14.1.13

Meanwhile, over at the Mack factory:

003.jpg

013.jpg

009.jpg

008.jpg

All images ( C ) Chris-Space.net

:D

Question:

Would that count as a credit?