2015: Alton Towers Enchanted Village

James

TS Founding Member
I doubt it will be that much of a problem. Even though most lodges will need cleaning and new bed sheets daily it's not that hard to do as long as there's an organised rota around it. Check-in should be at a realistic time though, maybe an hour or two later than the hotel check-ins at most. The treehouses should be available very early on in the day given the price of them.
 

thefatone

TS Member
Check in is 3pm as per everything - don't take the Guide (to give you an idea of how to spend your time) as the actual bloody thing. You can visit the Spa/Waterpark/Theme Park on any other day y'know.

They have seemingly cleared up the Public Footpaths leading around the site too. I wonder if they'll push those as something additional to do, considering people staying in the lodges probably want to enjoy the woodland right behind them too!
 

jon81uk

TS Member
I hear what your saying, but given the price, that's not my problem. I dont mind waiting around for a later check in when the price of the accomodation is cheaper, but when its nearly a grand a night, I want to make the most of it!

Oh yeah, for the prices you're paying at AT it is their problem to solve and as a guest I expect very high standards of housekeeping. I was just thinking of the challenges the management team there have got sorting out all those rooms both lodges and treehouses.
 

CoasterDude

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
(First post :D)

I've always seemed to have seen the Enchanted Village as some sort of a Center Parcs type of thing. You know, woodland accommodation, a treetop adventure - you name it! But overall it does look pleasant. :)
 

Danny

TS Contributor
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
It's a noble attempt to be based on the Center Parcs model, but the standard of the lodges fall well short of how their CP counterparts are presented. I'm sure the landscaping with the proposed theming will contribute towards a charm that CP aren't able to deliver, however.
 

siralgenon

TS Member
A few photos today from the official Alton Towers Facebook page:

10689753_10153018456206201_1049072943836689207_n.jpg

11001811_10153018456191201_2796317078598847691_n.jpg

10410369_10153018456261201_2495633438827839991_n.jpg
 

CoasterDude

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Amazing Adventures of Spiderman
This does look nice...but I do agree with what some say about the lodges basically being crammed together.
 

Martin

TS Member
They look great, but they are a bit cosy with each other. Would have been nicer if they each had more of their own space, looks a bit artificial, but obviously they've had to compromise to get enough in to be viable. It is nice though.
 

Dave

TS Founding Member
Considering the things are still being built and that sort of thing can be hidden using planting or simple cladding i wouldn't worry just yet.
 

Alastair

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Indiana Jones Adventure
Considering the things are still being built and that sort of thing can be hidden using planting or simple cladding i wouldn't worry just yet.

Hopes and dreams...I refer you to 2 years ago...

My big worry about this ride is that the only theming will be the Marmaliser and the Van (they have built a concrete space for the Van so it looks like it's coming.

They need theming elements around the site too.

There's scaffolding on the front of the station, so I'd hold on to hope they are going to do more than just add pipes to that side.
 

rightbackgranty

TS Member
It's really bugging me at the moment. Some simple cladding would do - please don't leave them looking like part of The Smiler....

Can be hidden doesn't mean it will, sadly. The issue with (largely) all of the recent additions is that they get 95% done and run out of time to do the rest. The unfinished 5% then stands out. Someone has to sign the site off - it shouldn't be left like that on opening day - we'll see.
 

siralgenon

TS Member
I'd like to see some wooden cladding around the bases to hide the breezeblocks, although ideally I'd prefer the ground to meet where the wall finishes as it did with the show lodge in the Theme Park.
 

James

TS Founding Member
Unless they expect people to be making a very big step (look at the first pic in siralgenon's post) I think it's guaranteed they will cover foundations up, looks like some steps or ramps may have to be added for some of the lodges.

Merlin may be shoddy with most things although they will not leave this as a half arsed attempt and will cover things like the breeze blocks on show.
 

Sam

TS Member
The trees that they've planted growing up will completely transform the look and feel of the area.
 
Top