• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2015: Octonauts Rollercoaster Adventure

nemesis1994

TS Member
Favourite Ride
The Smiler just above Nemesis
Next year the enchanted village is set to open and it looks like the only development so far as no plans for rides have been sent in it is too late to see a coaster in my opinion, do you think there will be any replacement for submission or a new kids coaster, maybe even more flats will be removed (ripsaw and the blade) and we will see two major rides.post

1. whether you think we will see any rides.
I think we will get a small boomerang ( so it is under five metres and 2 year olds can ride it in adventure land replacing space adventures and leaving sonic for a couple of years on its own
2. What would you like to see,your ideal ride for next year family or thrill
My favourite family ride that I would like to see is a Mack young star but it won't allow young kids to ride so I will say Ben ten on a smaller scale themed around the mine on chuggington. For a thrill ride an Spectacular themed air race in the dark in x sector themed to the sanctuary, ministry of joy,possible strobes to disorientate riders sat in a black yellow and white striped plane with the smiler logo on the front.
3. Your suggestions for a thrill and a family ride e.g topscan and gerstlauer junior coaster
4. What is most likely to be purchased if Merlin get any rides.
A gerstlauer junior coaster but quite well themed.
5. Will any rides be removed
I have a feeling the flume will be removed and replaced for an indoor dark water ride e.g vallhalla, it would go well with some outdoors parts, possibly on the flume site and there will most likely be 2 flats to replace submission and maybe the blade will be replaced.

What are your thoughts

Fat chance of The a Flume being replaced with an indoor dark/water ride, it's more likely Merlin would lower the admission cost.

I think they'll turn their attention towards CBeebies Land again, hopefully with a small roller coaster for the kids that replaces the gap in terms of space and desire that The Beastie filled once upon a time. Other than that, investment in the theme park side of things isn't going to be dramatic next year, and I don't mind that so long as a great amount of effort is invested into the lodges and the surrounding area.

In terms of rides being removed, I doubt we'll see anything go next year. I was throughly expecting the plug to be pulled on Ripsaw this year or next, but with the sudden removal of Submission, they can't afford to pull another thrill flat as that would leave only Enterprise to uphold Towers thrill flat portfolio.

The focus next year will entirely be on the lodges/spa extension, so I'm really not expecting anything big or at all other than a small spruce up here or there on the theme park.

Doubt we'll be seeing any new rides next season, I think merlin are focussing entirely on the enchanted village.
However, there will hopefully still be big marketing pushes around cbbeebies land and The Smiler, in order to continue to see new guests.
I hope as well, since nothing will be done around the park with new rides, some old ones will get a bit of love!

They won't install nothing in the theme park just because of the lodges. They are both treated as separate sides of the business, so the theme park will still have something, however small.

I think they will continue down the family route. A CBeebies Land extension of some sorts seems to be the next step, everything points towards a kids roller coaster being installed in that area. Would be nice to see a flat ride too, although I doubt Towers are going to both going down that route.

Personally I would like to see Spinball removed next year, and Adventure Land merged with CBeebies Land so it forms as one massive area. Doubt that would happen though. If Adventure Land space is used in 2015 they will just block off a part of it and have Spinball in its own smaller area.

I think all we'll see next is an addition to CBeebies Land in the form of a kids coaster. Will keep families interested for a relatively low cost. Next year is bound to be a low investment year for the theme park after the last 3 years where we seems to have had one year of high investment and two years of medium investment.

:)

I think we will get a small boomerang... Ben ten on a smaller scale themed around the mine on chuggington... A gerstlauer junior coaster but quite well themed.

I fail to see the point when Drayton is so close to Alton.

I'm thinking if there is a kids coaster it will be Gerstlauer as B&M have the inverted which is too big for cbeebies land and I can't see them branching into children's coasters as well as family. Intamin might be a good choice but they don't have that many good coasters apart from the mine train for kids really and vekoma make more family rides. Zamperla are too off the shelf and low quality in rides for the towers apart from air race themed to ministry of joy. I think it will be between vekoma and gerstlauer if it is a family coaster.

I think all we'll see next is an addition to CBeebies Land in the form of a kids coaster. Will keep families interested for a relatively low cost. Next year is bound to be a low investment year for the theme park after the last 3 years where we seems to have had one year of high investment and two years of medium investment.

Personally I'd class CBeebies as low investment. They built no new rides - all they did was retheme and slightly relandscape a current area. Can't have cost much at all.

True, but you wouldn't think that The Smiler cost £18 million when Wodan cost around £9 million and Arthur around £16 million! I did see/hear a figure for CBeebies Land but can't remember what it was. I do think that the 2015 theme park budget for new additions will be less than the 2014 theme park budget regardless.

CBeebies Land was £8 million I think.

I can see 2015 being around the £2-£4million mark if it's a CBeebies Land extension/kids coaster.

I fail to see the point when Drayton is so close to Alton.

To be fair, Chuggington is it's own thing, even if it's painfully similar to Thomas the Tank Engine.

I'm personally hoping for a Soup Dragon coaster.

Zamperla are too off the shelf and low quality in rides for the towers apart from air race themed to ministry of joy. I think it will be between vekoma and gerstlauer if it is a family coaster.

I think you're setting your standards too high. Vekoma aren't into the children's coaster manufacturing as much as Zamperla or Gerst, and after the shambles with the construction and delivery The Smiler, I can't see them investing in a Gerst product for the foreseeable future. And the reasons you stated are exactly the reasons why Zamperla would be a prime candidate to deliver a children's coaster for Towers.

And why on Earth would Towers invest in an Air Race. Other than the fact it'd be impossible for anyone in the "creative" sector of Merlin to theme an aviation themed ride around the Ministry of Joy, Drayton have just installed one down the road. I would bet a hefty chunk of money on that not happening,

A park like Towers getting a crappy little Zamperla kids coaster when there are far better offerings out there (Mack, Vekoma, Gerstlauer) would be a crying shame. Alas I agree that a Zamperla is likely due to cost reasons. We can only dream of a YoungStar!

I hate to be the party pooper, but I don't really see much being added in 2015 ... I think it will (with the exception of the Enchanted Village), it will be a fairly low-investment year in preparation for a 2016 SW8.

I hate to be the party pooper, but I don't really see much being added in 2015 ... I think it will (with the exception of the Enchanted Village), it will be a fairly low-investment year in preparation for a 2016 SW8.
I wouldn't be surprised if we saw two years of mid-investment before a 2017 Secret Weapon - as Merlin seem to be preferring four year cycles now.

In terms of next year, Enchanted Village shouldn't effect the theme park budget as the resort and park capital expenditure are usually determined separately. The park should still get something IMO.

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw two years of mid-investment before a 2017 Secret Weapon - as Merlin seem to be preferring four year cycles now.

Based on what though? Rumours of Thorpe not getting a large investment till 2016? Not really viable to draw conclusions from that, especially given Thorpe's...misfortune in the last two years or so.

Based on what though? Rumours of Thorpe not getting a large investment till 2016? Not really viable to draw conclusions from that, especially given Thorpe's...misfortune in the last two years or so.
It's as viable to make a prediction based on that as it is to make a prediction based on Towers previous two SW dates.

Simply a prediction I'm making. Could be right, could be wrong.

It's as viable to make a prediction based on that as it is to make a prediction based on Towers previous two SW dates.

Simply a prediction I'm making. Could be right, could be wrong.

There is significantly more evidence pointing to the three year cycle than the four. In fact, there is no evidence pointing to the four as Thorpe and Towers are completely unrelated in terms of investment. It also states in the LTDP that there will be a large investment in 2016.

There is significantly more evidence pointing to the three year cycle than the four. In fact, there is no evidence pointing to the four as Thorpe and Towers are completely unrelated in terms of investment. It also states in the LTDP that there will be a large investment in 2016.
Yes but that still doesn't make me wrong... The LTDP is a guide, I'd be very surprised if everything happens to plan.