• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2017: Voletarium

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
A topic of speculation to start really!

It's sounding like 2016 will see a re-theme to the Children's World area of the park; something that is much needed but does not really constitute a major investment. In which case you would imagine that, despite the major waterpark and hotel investment, a major park investment would be due in 2017 or 2018. After a very busy period for EP between 2009 and 2014 (3 coasters) this would be be a relatively large gap without such an investment!

Rumours of a new themed area have been floating around for a while. Romania, as a slightly darker theme, has been mentioned before. As has Croatia. It is expected that the next area will go behind Greece and Poseidon.

New Riders are reporting of further work taking place on this site. Here are a couple of photos:

11750660_869626536445240_7352349314866581253_n.jpg

11737079_1028325910519619_365836675_n.jpg

The latest country I have seen mentioned is Hungary.

Interesting times ahead no doubt!

:)

Hoping Walter & Claude drive down from Monthey and bring some inverted goodness! I know it's been said that the Mack family were not fans of over the shoulder restraint systems, let's hope the new style restraint seen on Banshee will be the solution that's needed.

lt3000016c146fgg00pr2e.jpg

A B&M invert would be wasted at EP. There's no way the park would build a layout extreme enough to make good use of the ride system. They want family rides, not balls-to-the-wall thrills. A winged coaster would be more likely from B&M.

A winged coaster would be much easier to theme to vampires as well. (Assuming this Romania rumour is true) ;)

I'm persoanlly hoping for a new coaster concept from Mack as their next coaster. I have no idea how likely this is though. I get the impression that they much prefer rides with lap restraints rather than OTSRs and I can't see them persuading B&M changing their restraints on an Invert or Wing Coaster.

I'm persoanlly hoping for a new coaster concept from Mack as their next coaster. I have no idea how likely this is though. I get the impression that they much prefer rides with lap restraints rather than OTSRs and I can't see them persuading B&M changing their restraints on an Invert or Wing Coaster.
I think from previous comments by the Mack family, they were unhappy with the ride experience of rides that had solid OTSRs, the vests on Wing coasters / new flyers, would perhaps meet their requirements. Those are some well thought out restraints!

Why should they buy an B&M?
Mack builds better rides so there is no reason to buy an B&M :)
The same reason they bought Silver Star, at the time of purchasing Mack didn't have a ride system that could support the kind of experience that they wanted to bring to the park. Also, with Wodan, Mack didn't have a wooden ride system and the R&D required to produce one probably isn't worth the time and money with GCII, Gravity Group, Intamin and RMC filling that area of the market quite nicely.

Likewise, if they did wish to use a Wing Coaster design for their next attraction, it may be that Mack don't have any interest in competing with B&M in that area and would elect to purchase one, rather than design and build their own. As much as Europa Park is a playground for the Mack family, the aim has always been pretty clear - build it, show it off at EP and sell it elsewhere.

Why should they buy an B&M?
Mack builds better rides so there is no reason to buy an B&M :)

Controversial claim :)

Mack have created a good ride system in the mega coaster and they have some great family coaster systems but they don't have the range B&M have in the large thrill/ family thrill market.

If they where to go to B&M for something though I would rather they went for a flyer. Europe has a few wing riders but the only flyer is Air.

We will see

If they where to go to B&M for something though I would rather they went for a flyer. Europe has a few wing riders but the only flyer is Air.

I agree with Dave I think I flyer would be a much more unique investment, which could be well themed to the area.

If there where to go with B&M what about a Dive Machine? These seem to be popping up again & Cedar Point are most likely to get a full size one next year. Sounds like the pricing for these are cheap at the moment.

If there where to go with B&M what about a Dive Machine? These seem to be popping up again & Cedar Point are most likely to get a full size one next year. Sounds like the pricing for these are cheap at the moment.

I think the mini Dive Machines (Efteling/Garda etc) are relatively cheap when it comes to a B&M coaster but the full sized ones will still be a lot of dosh. I'd imagine Cedar Point are spending a heck of a lot on theirs. I don't think we need to worry about price with EP though!

I think they could do something amazing with a Flyer but I can't see them getting one. All of EP's coasters are quite open when it comes to the seating and B&M Flyers are almost the opposite of this, you are very well secured into the seat. Maybe the Mack's wouldn't be too bothered about this, I just think it's the type of thing they might be though!

EDIT: The information regarding a new coaster was, unfortunately found to be lost in translation. The press event did not feature any translation into French and English and a specific ride type for 2017 was not mentioned.

EuropaStreet have reported on facebook that Roland Mack has confirmed a new rollercoaster will open in 2017, with construction starting next year!

What do we think this will be, and where?

Knowing EP, it will be something with lap bars, so I guess that rules out any sort of SLC. Exciting nonetheless!

My hope is the words first Mack invert coaster! What will it actually be? I have no idea, maybe a large scale family thrill type coaster.

Launched stand-up wingrider 4D woody with lapbars!

(Right now that someone's got that out of the way, we can have a serious discussion.)

Hmmm, on second thoughts I would not be surprised if this was a full VR coaster. I hope not as I despise the concept and EP are good at real theming but it would potentially make sense.

Knowing EP, it will be something with lap bars, so I guess that rules out any sort of SLC. Exciting nonetheless!

I don't see why that would have any reason rule out an inverted coaster? Realistically it is the next step forward for an invert and I don't see why Mack couldn't be looking into it, after all they have pretty much mastered inverting riders using lapbars.

Personally I agree with Rob's first post (Not at all keen on the VR thing myself), my next ideal coaster at Europa would be an invert, not even necessarily an all out thrill coaster either, something like Blue Fire, which really is much more within EP's nature. High end family thrill!

Failing that, I wouldn't mind seeing Mack developing their own take on some sort of 'Wing Coaster' I would be very intrigued to see what they could bring to the market with that too... Especially with EP's levels of theming! ;)

We apologise but a specific ride type was not mentioned for 2017.

Unfortunately, the press event did not feature any translation into French or English and our reporters misunderstood the exact phrasing.

However, we will work to clarify the plans for 2017 as soon as possible and bring this to you.

This is taking from Europa-Park's latest press release which we have been sent today:
Europa-Park said:
In spring, building work shall also commence on an all-new major attraction to open in spring 2017. The attraction will be the only one of its kind in Europe.

Intriguing! Implies that a similar attraction does exist somewhere in the world but not in Europe. With construction starting in a few months though I'm sure it won't be long until we have a much better idea of what it might be.