• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Jim Button - Journey through Morrowland

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
Another rather significant project will appear at Europa-Park in 2018. Taken from our Facebook page:

We have today received official confirmation that Old 99 (Circus Parade) will be be subject to a major re-theme and modernisation by Mack Rides for 2018. The ride, which will be based around a classic children's story by Michael Ende (author of The Neverending Story), will take the name 'Jim Button: Journey through Morrowland' and take riders on a journey past mighty mountains and lovingly designed houses. We're pleased to provide an overhead plan of the ride, along with a logo!

28377460_1972944136304087_6871199560321407153_n.jpg

28468501_1972944126304088_8442638599893394360_n.jpg

Find out more about the stories here.

Last edited:
Here is the full press release from Europa-Park:

From the start of the 2018 season, Germany’s most well-known train driver Luke, and his best friend Jim Knopf, guarantee plenty of exciting train rides at Europa-Park. The two main characters from Michael Ende's classic children's book invite passengers aboard in the German themed area. Traveling past mighty mountains and lovingly-designed houses, the family attraction ‘Jim Button - Journey through Morrowland’ is a great adventure for young and old alike, and makes ‘one island with two mountains’ an exciting and interactive experience.

As soon as Emma, the train, comes to a halt, the next round trip through Morrowland is underway and four new passengers can board the train to immerse themselves in the thrilling, over-three-minute-long family themed trip. Michael Ende's ‘Jim Button - Journey through Morrowland, with its brave protagonists Jim and Luke and the lovingly designed backdrops will delight visitors in the German themed area from 24th March 2018.

While the ride system on all eight of the Mack Rides trains is modernised, they’re also equipped with actual steam and bells that can be rang by the riders. Many great, new features also arise along the route. To coincide with the theatrical release of ‘Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver’ (in theatres nationwide from 29th March 2018), this cooperation with Warner Bros., Rat Pack, Malao and Michael Ende will help this intergenerational piece of German cultural heritage to be recorded at the Heart of Europe's most popular theme park.

“Michael Ende is a great storyteller who has created many worlds full of poetry and adventure in his novels. For generations, the Mack family has been transforming fantasy worlds into exciting reality. Jim Button, with his Morrowland, has now attained a firm place among the fantastic world of this traditional family business. We wish all visitors a lot of fun!” says Roman Hocke, representative of the Michael Ende heirs community.

After 15 years of intensive preparation, film producer Christian Becker (‘Wickie and the strong men’, ‘Hui Buh the castle ghost’) is pleased that, alongside the theatrical release on 29th March 2018, many of the cinema-goers can themselves travel on a journey through Morrowland at Europa-Park. Director Dennis Gansel adds: “As a big Europa-Park fan, I am extremely proud that there is now an original Jim Knopf attraction there! I am already training as much as one can with my one-year-old son, so that we can take a ride together as soon as possible. Morrowland, here we come!”

“Warner Bros. Consumer Products is pleased to collaborate with Europa-Park in Rust on ‘Jim Button and Luke the Engine Driver’. Jim Button, one of the most popular children's book characters, is traveling to Germany's largest theme park with its own themed journey. Coinciding with the theatrical release of the film adaptation on 29th March 2018, this year marks the beginning of a grand adventure for the whole family through the imaginative world of Jim Button, Luke and the Emma steam train”, says Stefan Hausberg, Director of Consumer Products of Warner Bros. Entertainment GmbH.

---------

This really is a more substantial addition than I was originally anticipating. And to think it is coming in the same year as one major ride refurbishment, one other ride re-theme, other new things in the French area of the park, re-tracking work on Wodan and no doubt even more!

:)

I rode this last week.

It's very pleasant and definitely an improvement of what was there before. My only criticism is that some of the indoor sections don't really contain much to look at aside from perhaps one moving animatronic etc.

My favourite element is the way the train puffs smoke when the horn sounds. A delight!

:)