• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2018: Resort Hotel (water park area)

Sam

TS Member
According to epfans.ch, Roland Mack confirmed in an interview with 'Top Hotel' magazine that the first waterpark hotel will begin construction in 2016 and will have a Scandinavian theme. :)

I don't think I could of asked for a better theme. Not one I would of suggested, but hearing it sort of announced, it just feels right. Going to be interesting to see how it develops in 2016.

Ian

A Scandinavian-themed hotel sounds like a really good choice. As with Ian, it's not the first one that would've come to mind - I thought they might go for maybe a classical French-themed one - but I'm happy with what they've gone for. Looking forward to seeing it get built, and - of course - the finished product! :)

Although I'm more than sure EP will deliver an outstanding hotel, is that not a weird theme for a Waterpark hotel?

You could argue Blizzards and Snowstorms were weird (Blizzard Beach).

It'll be interesting!

Was not expecting this theme but I am very happy with it! The Scandinavian area of the park is one of the nicest and I'm sure they can create something pretty special with that architecture.

I'd imagine this is a good hint towards the waterpark theme as well - they're not going to go with something totally different.

:)

I guess its similar to someone saying they are having a British Themed Hotel and Water Park. At first you would think its crazy, but then you think actually, there are some nice idea and concepts you can run with if you went down that route.

A Scandinavian Theme is certainly going to put a nice twist on the normal Water Park approaches and be something different.

Maybe half of the Resort will be Scandinavian themed with the other half the French Rivera so it has a more typical Water Park feel?

What ever happens, I am sure when the plans are announced, and during construction, there is going to be lots of excitement, discussion and debate about how it will turn out, and I think the next few years are going to be very interesting to see how Europa Park develops.

Ian

Makes perfect sense to me. People are currently being fed a fantasised view of enchanted Scandinavia with Frozen... So here we get to see a different take on glaciers, fjords, lakes and mountains at Europa Park

Scandinavia is a very vague theme and you could go in all different directions with it. I think a Viking themed water park would be amazing.

Scandinavia is a very vague theme and you could go in all different directions with it. I think a Viking themed water park would be amazing.

Shame it's been done...

11043425_792679257476411_3114554043668606002_o.jpg

Plopsaqua

This is the much anticipated water park hotel, which as we understand it, could have up to 300 rooms. This will make it the second largest hotel at Europa-Park, behind Hotel Colosseo.

Anyone got any thoughts on a theme?

I'd love it to be Scandinavian (along with the water park also). They could do something really nice with that theme and the Scandinavian area of the park is just beautiful.