• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

I'm unsure if this particular detail was mentioned earlier in the topic, but I just remembered that the dagger was previewed in the 2017 Novelties video as part of the Adventure Club of Europe spiel.

vmcIUsR.jpg

And someone in a FB Europa-Park Clubcard group shared this article regarding a closed Swiss maritime themed restaurant known as 'Captain Jo's'. Many objects from this restaurant, namely pirate and maritime antiquities, will be going into the rebuilt Fjord Restaurant and Piraten in Batavia as well as Krønasår.

During a press conference on the 4.04. the park stated that Snorri Touren will NOT be a trackless ride. Yes, that`s a bit dissapointing....but of course the ride could still be very nice...so let`s wait and see, right? :)

During a press conference on the 4.04. the park stated that Snorri Touren will NOT be a trackless ride. Yes, that`s a bit dissapointing....but of course the ride could still be very nice...so let`s wait and see, right? :)
Yes I was thinking this. There was never any confirmation of whether it would be a trackless ride or not, just some people inferring from the lack of a track in the concept art.

I've just noticed that EPFans.info last week shared some photos showing how Scandinavia is coming along:

1555624102.jpg

1555623957.jpg

1555624092.jpg

1555624087.jpg

1555624077.jpg

There are 5 weeks between these photos being taken and Scandinavia opening to the public. I can't help but feel they are cutting it fine but knowing EP they will just about make it!

Gotta love how the rapids is open while construction happens all around and directly above the trough.

It will probably open on time, with half the theming missing then they can claim the rest as "plussing" over the next 2 seasons.

I remember being at Europa-Park a few weeks before Ireland opened and thinking that there was no chance of them ever getting it all finished on time. However somehow they did! Although this does look further off completion than Ireland was.

Didn’t Ireland open late?

I do recall soon after it did open, there would be new bits of themeing appear just overnight!

Didn’t Ireland open late?

I do recall soon after it did open, there would be new bits of themeing appear just overnight!

Kind of. It got delayed from Spring to Summer 2016 but they had never announced an actual openng date. This was Ireland about 5 or 6 weeks before it opened:

6lj1Nu6.jpg

Comparable with Scandinavia. EP will get there!

So interestingly the opening date in May has now disappeared from the sign over in Scandinavia

Have to say given recent updates from the site this looked on the cards for a few weeks. We'll have to see how long the delay is over the coming weeks I guess....

Gah, I was looking forward to seeing new Scandinavia in a couple of weeks, I guess that is going to have to wait for New Year. I can't say that I am surpised though, I saw a few photos over the weekend and it looks quite a way off being finished.

Here is a look at Scandinavia from the weekend:

Easy to see why they have had to delay the opening, there is still a lot to do. Further confirmation that Rotherham is returning though!

Is that rubbish clothing shop coming back too?

We can only hope that it does, yes. Along with the best floor ever seen in a theme park.

#LongLiveRotherham

In all seriousness, it does look like there will be a retail unit down there again however you have to imagine that it will all be improved.

We can only hope that it does, yes. Along with the best floor ever seen in a theme park.

#LongLiveRotherham

In all seriousness, it does look like there will be a retail unit down there again however you have to imagine that it will all be improved.
I meant the Camp David one!

A better use of it would be a cafe spilling out onto that little square in front of the rockwork.

I meant the Camp David one!

A better use of it would be a cafe spilling out onto that little square in front of the rockwork.

The Camp David shop is returning. However from what I have seen it looks like there could well be a new little cafe above it on the right of the entrance to Scandinavia leading on to the terrace.