• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

Could either of those shops be the exit to the new ride?

Good point, and quite possibly! I suspect it wil exit in a shop, whether it be one of these shops or one of the shops in the main Scandinavian street.

On the subject of Snorri Touren, Jora Vision have confirmed that they are working with Europa-Park and Mack on the ride.

Meanwhile, Europa-Park have officially confirmed that the re-opening of Scandinavia has been delayed and they will soon annouce a date in June for the opening.

At least they’re consistent with their late openings...

In a park that gets so much right, you do wonder how or why they don’t seem to be able to stick to their planned attraction opening dates.

The simple answer is that they have so many projects on the go all of the time.

Personally I think they often over promise which ultimately is either bad project management or poor marketing decisions.

Yeah. Maybe they'll learn one day. They shouldn't announce dates.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

To play devils advocat I am starting to wonder if they do this on purpose. Any other park would suffer from a delayed opening, but Europa has so many attractions a late opening doesn't hurt their image...
... but it does get guests to book multiple visits.

I think that in this case they were optimistic that they could re-open Scandinavia before the first anniversary of the fire, which would have been one heck of an achievement. But all it takes is one unexpected delay for that to go down the pan. Some elements of the construction would probably have been quicker if Fjord Rafting had not opened at the start of the season as well.

Reactions: Tim
Even so, all things considered, I think they have acted extraordinarily fast to get where they are today from the fire.

We may have the first markings on site by now if this were some other park (Merlin).

As it is the 1 year anniversary of the fire, will we be observing a 1 minute silence around 5pm?

(Note: Mostly joking)

Last edited:
Just re-watched Astro's Facebook live video from Alcazar.

Awful to see it again, yet such a huge bloody achievement how much they've managed to do in that time frame since the fire.

It's a shame they couldn't get Scandinavia open for the anniversary, that would have been quite a triumph. Nonetheless, it'll be worth the wait I'm sure.

EPFans.info have shared some photos of Scandinavia and Holland one year on from the dreadful fire. Here are a select few:

1558870281.jpg

1558870415.jpg

1558870412.jpg

1558870442.jpg

1558870516.jpg

Out of curiosity, where is this new Snorri Touren dark ride going to be located? I understand it is a basement, but a basement where and what does it sit under? Is it the rebuild village or what?

Out of curiosity, where is this new Snorri Touren dark ride going to be located? I understand it is a basement, but a basement where and what does it sit under? Is it the rebuild village or what?

Scandinavia has always been built above ground level, on stilts if you list. So there has always been a basement underneaeth the main street and buildings. I have no idea what it was used for previously however that is where Snorri Touren will be.