• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Scandinavia & Snorri Touren

I'm sure the street is narrower than before!

Maybe I'm wrong but I'm a little concerned about crowd flow. I'd hate for such a beautiful area to become a bottleneck, especially now there's a noteworthy ride going into the area as well.

I think it just looks narrower because the buildings are taller, significantly in some cases.

Michael Mach shared some aerial photos of Scandinavia earlier:

Suffice to say it all looks lovely, however I really love the look of the small balcony which looks to have only a couple of tables on, right above the fountain. Assuming it’s publicly accessible, that could well be one of my new favourite places in EP.

Reactions: Rob
Another video:

Not sure why they thought it was a good idea to but a generic sports shop in to the area!? I'm guessing it's in place of one of the Rotherham shops.

I do like how they've incorporated what's left of one of the original entrance feature figures in to the area. A really nice touch.

I did think that when I saw the video. Surely there’s not that much demand for EP’s version of Sports Direct in Scandinavia??

Perhaps they think there’s a demand from Fjord Rafting riders with soggy trainers...

It sounds daft but now I think about it we bought several pairs of shoes while out in Florida and they were the best purchases we made. I guess if you are doing a lot of walking picking up new shoes isn't that ridiculous. If they were park branded I’d definitely be interested.

The sports/trainers shop was previously next to Camp David in the Rotherham arcade.

It has just moved.

:)

I've never visited Europa Park and won't do so in the foreseeable future. However I've been following this thread with interest and seen Scandinavia rise again from the ashes.

I think Europa (and the Mack family) has shown to other theme parks (and us all) what you can do in dark times.

It's only just been over a year ago and they did not mess around to get things up and running again. They just pulled their fingers out, pulled out all the stops and not a single excuse to be heard. They certainly put Merlin to shame.

All I can say is that I take my hat off to them for doing so. Well done Europa and the Mack Family.

:)

We've had some videos of the new Scandinavia but here are some good old fashioned photos from EPFans.ch Fan Forum:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

And a look inside Fjord Restaurant:

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Obviously were are still in a soft opening phase but I hope that we see the large flags of the Scandinavian countries return on some of the buildings.

I really like what they have done with Fjord Restaurant. It retains the same character and style of before but brings it up to date with a fresh new look and feel. Also loving the new exclusive seating terrace looking out on to the main Scandinavian street!

That looks incredible. I guess I need to head back to EP next year now to see it for myself! :D

Had the pleasure to have my first Erdinger on the new balcony above the fountain...didn`t want to leave...such a lovely place to chill...what a nice bonus to the beautifully rebuild area :)