• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The Alton Towers Dungeon

There's nothing more annoying than someone spieling the words off in the corner. It was bad enough in the Wicker Man pre-show the other day but when someone is acting it's just rude.
Again he didn't say out loud it was whispered directly into my ear, quiet enough I even struggled to hear him at times!

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk

I don't know what this is about as I never plan to go in personally! But regardless, people reciting lines off scripts or ride pre shows is just completely atmosphere crushing and very irritating (not to mention condescending to actors who are trying their best to do their jobs in a most likely stuffy environment). I don't know whether these types of people have social issues or whatever, but they need to learn that other people are there right next to them, and are trying to make the best out of their days, and that they should have at least some regard for these people!

Does anyone know if the Alton Towers duengon soundtrack has a bit of ITHOMK hidden in it? I suspect it does.

I hold my hand up and say I did that in Hex once when I was 12. Ok I didn't do it loudly, but how embarassing, haha! I apologise to everybody.

Sometimes I hear it from GROWN ADULTS in Wicker Man and it just totally snaps everyone else out the moment, and is incredibly annoying.

Once an enthusiast dad was doing it in the preshow next to me. By chance I was batched in the back row (wahoo) but the dad went and whispered into the host's ear. The host came and asked me to leave my seat to swap them round. This guy had probably been convincing the hosts his son had Backseatinitus and they needed to get the back row all day. I didn't budge :D

I hold my hand up and say I did that in Hex once when I was 12. Ok I didn't do it loudly, but how embarassing, haha! I apologise to everybody.

Sometimes I hear it from GROWN ADULTS in Wicker Man and it just totally snaps everyone else out the moment, and is incredibly annoying.

Once an enthusiast dad was doing it in the preshow next to me. By chance I was batched in the back row (wahoo) but the dad went and whispered into the host's ear. The host came and asked me to leave my seat to swap them round. This guy had probably been convincing the hosts his son had Backseatinitus and they needed to get the back row all day. I didn't budge :D
This is how asking for back row should be done

1.is someone in the back row pen? If yes go to 4 else 2.
2.ask the host nicely, if they say yes go to 3 else 4.
3.go back row.
4.dont.

Last edited:
Went through the dungeons today with low expectations but I was pleasantly surprised.
I thought the actors were fantastic even recognised a few from scarefest. The plague doctor was particularly good and it was nice to see them putting their own twists on the pretty tired script.
The black river boat ride was great albeit quite gruesome for a dungeon but it was very atmospheric and even made me jump a few times, I also really liked how the onload and offload were actors, they were really funny.
A highlight of the attraction for me had to be the ghost scene, I thought the effects were great and you felt on edge the whole time.
The only downside like others have mentioned had to be the lack of theming behind you, each room was half themed with the rest being a black wall. Also the corridors were just painted black so there was no flow from scene to scene.
Overall I thought it was great and I would rate it just below London and Edinburgh but above Warwick and Blackpool and I think it was well worth the fiver we paid to get in.

There's nothing more annoying than someone spieling the words off in the corner. It was bad enough in the Wicker Man pre-show the other day but when someone is acting it's just rude.
Tower of Terror is the worst for this. Every single time there's at least 3 yanks doing it.

On so the cutbacks begin
The wise one was replaced by the guy on a stick who was was the wise one
They have at least 3 "I'm the wise one" segments that the head can play, all good quality but it felt lacking

Surely they need to factor staff sickness into the operations otherwise if it results in a deterioration in the attraction a discount will have to be offered . This is an up sell don't forget not an included automatically in enterance when a little deterioration in performance would be acceptable