• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019 General Election Poll and Discussion

Which party will you vote for at the 2019 General Election?

• Brexit Party

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Conservatives

Votes: 15 16.7%
  • Green Party

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • Labour

Votes: 42 46.7%
  • Liberal Democrats

Votes: 14 15.6%
  • SNP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • UKIP

• Other

• Not Voting/Can't Vote

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Not Yet Decided

Votes: 6 6.7%

• Total voters

Rob

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance
As suggested by @Jb85 here is a thread and a poll dedicated to the first December General Election since 1923.

All voting is of course anonymous, it will be interesting to see which parties TowersStreet users favour.

I can't vote, so I had to pick the "not voting/can't vote" option, but if I could vote, I'd pick the Liberal Democrats. I would support remaining in the EU, and as they are effectively the remain party, they'd seem like a logical choice to me.

My constituency has traditionally been a strong labour seat, and the MP is a front bencher.

In the last election I voted labour, keen to avoid splitting the vote. I may well do the same this year.

I am however torn. As a remainer, perhaps I should be voting LibDems. Though the LibDems were partly to blame for me being 70 grand in the hole with student debts with the government free to change the terms and conditions as and when they please. It's an awful legacy, and one that will cost me (assuming the terms don't change again) over £65,000 over the next 30 years, if I continue on my current salary, and more if my salary goes up. Not the mention at any time the government could up the % of income I'm expected to pay, or change how long I could be paying.

That leaves me with greens, which can appear misguided with their policies at times, and sometimes question how successfully green they would be. I see no way of them getting a majority. So a wasted vote?

A very hard decision ahead for me.

Edit : voted labour for now. Providing when questioned on their second referendum they assure people remain will be an option.

Last edited:
I'm thinking SNP, purely to try and keep the Tories out. A second independence referendum seems inevitable, so I don't think voting for SNP would make Scottish independence any more or less likely

@Rob Can we have a 'Not Decided' option? Feels required this time!

Done, and the poll should allow for you to change your vote once you have decided (or if you change your mind between now and December 12th).

I live in a safe Labour seat, it would be pointless for me to vote otherwise if I want to keep the Tories out.

I currently have a Labour MP but its flipped between them and Conservative a lot. So I am really unsure.

I don't like BoJo so wont be voting Conservative
I don't trust Corbyn so wont vote Labour
Lib dems screwed everyone over with student loans

and then brexit party can just do one

@Tibble are you in High Peak? That's a crazy swing seat and perhaps one of the hardest to predict, in part because of the swings but coupled by the fact the referendum result was pretty 50/50 too.

If the remain vote splits between Labour and the Lib Dems and the Leave vote splits between the Tories and the Brexit party, I suspect the Tories could well take it.

I currently have a Labour MP but its flipped between them and Conservative a lot. So I am really unsure.

I don't like BoJo so wont be voting Conservative
I don't trust Corbyn so wont vote Labour
Lib dems screwed everyone over with student loans

and then brexit party can just do one
Green? Excluding their backwards policy on HS2, they have some good ideas

My constituency is a safe Conservative seat so I don't think it matters, but I'll vote either Lib Dem or Labour, whoever I feel has the best chance.

I don't like Corbyn but I'd still take him and his Labour government over the Tories any day.

@Tibble are you in High Peak? That's a crazy swing seat and perhaps one of the hardest to predict, in part because of the swings but coupled by the fact the referendum result was pretty 50/50 too.

If the remain vote splits between Labour and the Lib Dems and the Leave vote splits between the Tories and the Brexit party, I suspect the Tories could well take it.

Yeah I am in the high peak. It is so split and it really is only a 2 horse race. I think Labour will get in because the brexit party will split the vote from Conservative

I put 'not decided' down, because I'll probably have to vote Labour begrudgingly. I would vote Lib Dem, but I worry that if they did get in as a coalition with the Tories, they'd vote through Boris's deal as-is, claiming to have mitigated a damaging hard Brexit.

My seat is also pretty safely Labour, so not much chance of an insane swing to the Tories or the BrP.

I'm also undecided. I'm in a generally safe Tory seat, but the party in 2nd keeps changing so if I were to vote tactically there's not an obvious candidate. More research required.

My concern is that a semi-formal leave alliance could be formed which would probably give Boris a huge majority.

My constituency is a Labour safe seat, and my priority in this election is to stop the hard-left from getting into power. The Conservatives come closest, so my vote will most likely go there. Though that may change depending on manifestos (if Boris decides to run with a toxic manifesto like May did then there’s no chance even a protest vote would go his way).