2019: Peter Rabbit Hippity Hop - Junior Drop Towers for CBeebies Land

Discussion in 'Future Discussion' started by Matt N, 25th Oct 2018.

1. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

Most likely means not enough information was provided in the application or something was not yet compliant, so it was not a valid application. Very unlikely they would reject the application this quickly, it's probably just an administrative thing.

Skyscraper likes this.
  2. Stuie

Stuie TowersStreet Member

Does Alton not have any permitted development rights then? My only knowledge of this is from the Dreamland campaign days and no permission is required for anything under 15m I think.

3. Alastair

Alastair TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    I swear every application they've submitted in the last 5 years has been rejected on an administrative mistake first time! Pretty poor reflection on whoever actually compiles these things.

MaxPower, b2311e, Ben and 4 others like this.
  4. AltonBuzz

AltonBuzz TowersStreet Member

Yes AT also have designated areas
    • Katanga Canyon and lake around Flume station
    • South and east sides of Forbidden Valley, incorporating Nemesis, Air and Ripsaw (but not Blade or Nemesis: Sub-Terra)
    • Dark Forest and Cloud Cuckoo Land
    • X-Sector
    Maximum height of 25metres

Article on the planning restrictions here.

Stuie and Skyscraper like this.
  5. Prophecy

Prophecy TowersStreet Member

As there are no documents on the website, that could be the reason it's currently "invalid".

These things usually take a bit of time to be uploaded after being submitted to the local authority, hence why the actual application goes on the site before the documents do.

So potentially not an error on either party's behalf, just something that happens.

AltonBuzz likes this.
  6. OilyWater

OilyWater TowersStreet Member

Maybe but isnt it usually 'Decision pending' or 'Received, pending approval', something like that, when applications are first submitted?

It may not be a mistake, could even be just a first step before the full information is supplied to the council, at which point it becomes valid?

Either way, I'm sure it doesnt really mean anything at this point.

AltonBuzz likes this.
  7. AltonBuzz

AltonBuzz TowersStreet Member

It's not just Alton Towers, most applications from the past fortnight say 'Application Invalid'. It's just a matter of waiting for the documents to be uploaded.

Once they are uploaded the status will change to 'Awaiting Decision'.

8. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

There appears to be an objection lodged against the application stating it ‘will cause loads of noise’.

It’s from ‘Steve Roper’. I guess this is an enthusiast prank?

9. Robert.W

Robert.W TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Considering it says he lives in Sesame Street, I think that is highly likely :tearsofjoy:

Ryan B, Morgan Price, b2311e and 11 others like this.
  10. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

Matt N and Skyscraper like this.
  11. IDB

IDB TowersStreet Member

Last edited: 27th Dec 2018
  12. Joel3

Joel3 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Hmmm... they did say they were in contact with the toadstools manufacturing company for a refurbishment for 2019. ( this being Zierer) Maybe, if they are refurbishing the toadstool, they are also installing the drop towers as part of a deal? Who knows...

13. JSF VIDS ROLLERCOASTERS

JSF VIDS ROLLERCOASTERS TowersStreet Member

That is a very valid point if they are redoing toadstool maybe they will throw in a couple of drop towers in there as a thanks for using us 'gift'

Joel3 likes this.
  14. Bert2theSpark

Bert2theSpark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Favourite Ride's Gone
    I think people on here have forgotten what the purpose of what a “business” is...

15. Alastair

Alastair TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Indiana Jones Adventure
    Yes, this will have been the email sent from Zierer after they finished laughing looking at the cheque Towers wrote to them for the Toadstool refub when the sum is larger than for a brand new Wave Swinger.

16. Stuntman707

Stuntman707 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    Two drop towers sounds like a bit much for a gift. Probably just a complimentary force coaster with every refurb.

17. Log Flume's Dennis

Log Flume's Dennis TowersStreet Member

they'll chuck in an air freshener for every seat. Little smelly tree hitting you in the face the whole time

Joel3, Morgan Price, CSLKenny and 5 others like this.
    Posted 1st Jan 2019
  18. haydn!

haydn! TowersStreet Member

My guess is something like Cranky’s Crane at Drayton. Assume that comes from Zamperla though like pretty much all of Thomas Land does.

Posted 2nd Jan 2019
  19. Rob

Rob TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    Going back a bit to the fact that the application is invalid, it will simply mean that it is yet to be validated by the Council. I'd imagine their system is set up to show all applications as invalid until this point.

Posted 7th Jan 2019
  20. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

The full docs are now up on the council website.

http://publicaccess.staffsmoorlands.gov.uk/portal/servlets/ApplicationSearchServlet?PKID=127678

It's two Frog Hopper style drop towers shoehorned into CBeebies Land between Mr Blooms Allotment, In the Night Garden and Tree Tom Fu.

It's not 100% clear but the documents suggest this is a second hand ride, presumably from another Merlin park. At first I thought it might be the Chessington ones but on second glance it's not (if the image is a reflection of the ride that is, not just a representation).

Edit: this appears to be named 'Project HipHop' which may give some relevance to the CBeebies show it will be themed to. Since I have no idea what shows are on CBeebies I'll pass on trying to figure that out.

I presume this means Frog Hopper will be no more? I would suggest this means the closure of CCL entirely for 2019? They can't possibly keep it open with just Driving School and the Carousel. Can they?

Last edited: 14th Jan 2019