• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

I've only had a very quick look at it, however Europa-Park have launched a new Explore Rulantica interactive website. Seems to give you a virtual tour of the water park and provide some of the backstory!

I can’t decide whether all this backstory is really commendable or incredibly convoluted.

I think the backstory of the Disney water parks adds a layer of interest to the park, I’m not sure if the Rulantica backstory is just too complicated to serve the same purpose.

I think the attitude of 'it's there if you want it' is probably suitable.

I don't know the backstory of the Disney water parks, but it's satisfying to know it's there.

Europa-Park have shared some new photos showing how Rulantica is coming along:

D7UqTBtWwAITW26.jpg

D7Uu8HrWkAAJ2nA.jpg

D7Uu8HtWkAA1ogf.jpg

D7Uu8HsXYAMewgI.jpg

D7UvBQ6W4AAHc93.jpg

One Tweet on the French Rulantica account states that Rulantica will be open from 11am to 10pm, from 10am for residents of our hotels. I would imagine that 10pm is the latest that it will stay open until on peak days rather than the standard closing time.

10PM is a fairly standard (of the 3 or 4 I've bothered to check) closing time for swimming pools in Germany, so I imagine it'll be open all day everyday!

A few more photos:

And the Rulantica Facts & Figures have been revealed:
Europa Park said:
Importance: Important milestone in the history of Europa-Park and by far the biggest project in the company´s history

Costs: €180 million investment (incl. infrastructure)

Responsibility: Project managed by the younger generation (Michael, Thomas and Ann-Kathrin Mack)

Realisation: Realisation by Rendler Bau GmbH and Wilhelm Füssler Bau GmbH

Building window: 14th September 2017 – Foundation stone ceremony; 11th December 2018 – Topping-out ceremony; 28th November 2019 – Planned opening

Total surface area: 450,000m2 (incl. expansion area)

Maximum capacity: 3,500 people (at the same time); up to 5,000 people (per day)

Booking: In most cases, admission into the water world can only take place after a prior online ticket purchase for a specific visiting day on rulantica.tickets.de. Day guests can buy tickets online about three months in advance of the desired visit. Guests of the Europa-Park hotels can already purchase tickets when booking a room between 29th November 2019 and 27th March 2020.

Opening times: daily from 11am until 10pm (admission for hotel guests from 10am)

Prices: Infants (under 4): free; Children (aged 4 – 11): €35.50; Adults (aged 12+) €38.50; Visitors with Disabilities €35.50

Evening ticket: Infants (under 4): free; Children (aged 4 – 11): €32.50; Adults (aged 12+) €35.50; Visitors with Disabilities: €32.50

Additional services: Locker (Per day): €1.00

Bus shuttle: For hotel guests a free bus shuttle between hotel Krønasår and the other Europa-Park hotels will be offered.

Theming: Elaborate Nordic adventure world with nine themed areas

Attractions: A variety of water attractions for the whole family; among them 17 water slides

Indoor area: 32,600m2 large, shell-shaped hall; 300,000m3 building volume; 4,000m2 water surface area

Outdoor area: 8.000m2; 500m2 outdoor pool

Changing room area: 8.000 m2; 3,500 lockers; 200 changing rooms in different sizes; among them 40 family changing cubicles

Deckchairs: 1,700 deckchairs inside, 500 deckchairs outside

Additional offer: Eight ‘Komfort Hyddas’, comfortable cabins for four people in exclusive locations; eight ‘Comfort sofas’ for 2 people

Total roof area: 11,000m2 (of which glazed: 2,000m2); five timber roof trusses, each 87 meters long and weighing 85 tons

Catering: Self-service restaurant ‘Lumålunda’, lobby café and snack restaurant ‘Snekkjas’; ‘Skål Bar’ near the ‘Komfort Hyddas’ as well as two swim-up bars in the outdoor area and in the ‘Skog Lagoon’

Shopping: Three shops: ‘Snorri's Grotta’ in the water world, two more shops on the ground floor and first floor of the lobby

Parking facilities: Over 800 car parking spaces, 413 of them are covered (8.260m²) with more than 2,950 photovoltaic-modules; parking fee per day and car: €7.00

Employees: 300 new employees

Ecology: Use of innovative technologies; economical use of resources; numerous conservation projects to balance impact, such as bee pavilions, game corridors and amphibious biotopes. Planting of 2,500 trees and shrubs before opening

Rulantica Story: Two-part series on the history of Rulantica; cooperation with Coppenrath Verlag; Presentation of the first novel in October at the Frankfurt Book Fair

Contact: Website: rulantica.de; E-Mail: [email protected] ; Phone: 07822 77-6655; Interactive Website: explore-rulantica.de

This confirms the 10pm closing time, which is fantastic!

Also here is a look at the wristbands that you will use to open your locker and make payments in Rulantica:

I note that in the Rulantica T&Cs it states that there is no re-entry to the water park. I sort of understand the reasoning around this as concerns capacity, but it is disappointing that you won’t be able to go for a morning swim, nip into the park for a cheeky bit of Bench and then return in the evening for the swim-up bar. Especially given the prices for a day ticket!

I wonder whether there will be an exception made for hotel guests?

I note that in the Rulantica T&Cs it states that there is no re-entry to the water park. I sort of understand the reasoning around this as concerns capacity, but it is disappointing that you won’t be able to go for a morning swim, nip into the park for a cheeky bit of Bench and then return in the evening for the swim-up bar. Especially given the prices for a day ticket!

I wonder whether there will be an exception made for hotel guests?
Hmm, that’s bizarre. Surely the day capacity is the capacity regardless, considering you can only book for the whole day.

Wow, I wasn't expecting that to happen so soon! It looks impressive, and rather narrow in places.

Hmm, that’s bizarre. Surely the day capacity is the capacity regardless, considering you can only book for the whole day.
Aren't there 2 sessions per day?

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

I absolutely love a good rapids, probably obvious from some of my posts from here. But riding them yourself as if you are the boat, when they look like that! Get me to Rutatlantica!!!!

This split route thing is interesting. I'm guessing one is more "extreme" than the other?