• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2019: Rulantica

I assume the water will be heated eventually, so won't worry about that. 12'C may sound like bliss when you are suffering a heatwave, but being in water that cold will feel freezing! :D

What's with those metal bits at the side? Looks almost like it is so you can slide a gate in to them or something? Also looks like they will be VERY painfull to catch a toe in.

Clearly this is not safe and must be bulldozed right now will obviously be unrecognisable by the time it opens. ;)

The concept has all rock work round it, so assume it will certainly be themed, but guess you’ve got to test it works correctly before you spend a fortune on theming.

No idea about those metal bits. I guess could be for theming or testing purposes

Nice to see they have a convayor belt for the rings :) I hate having to collect them from some random splashpool tucked away in the oposite corner of the waterpark from the stairs, then lug them up ten flights.

Nice to see they have a convayor belt for the rings :) I hate having to collect them from some random splashpool tucked away in the oposite corner of the waterpark from the stairs, then lug them up ten flights.
I don't think you'd be able to carry a 4/5 person raft up the stairs :tearsofjoy:

I'll wager there are some cheapskate parks out there that would try to make you! :p

I don't think you'd be able to carry a 4/5 person raft up the stairs :tearsofjoy:

I'll wager there are some cheapskate parks out there that would try to make you! :p
There's plenty of water parks out there that force you to carry the four seater clover leaf rafts up slide towers.

Carnage when the wind gets up. I've seen a guest hit with one of those when it blew off the tower.

d91831be27eb7f08d5e299f550c6f520.jpg

Last edited:
There's plenty of water parks out there that force you to carry the four seater clover leaf rafts up slide towers.

Carnage when the wind gets up. I've seen a guest hit with one of those when it blew off the tower.

d91831be27eb7f08d5e299f550c6f520.jpg

I've only just realised how ridiculous those giant funels are. Based on the height of the tower and the speed lose due to friction there's no way those rafts would even come close to half way up the side of the cone. The water pipes could probably be moved down to the next checkered layer and the entire top removed to save a fortune on material costs (something that the similar wave elements effectively do).

But I guess it's all about the spectacle of the thing.

I've only just realised how ridiculous those giant funels are. Based on the height of the tower and the speed lose due to friction there's no way those rafts would even come close to half way up the side of the cone. The water pipes could probably be moved down to the next checkered layer and the entire top removed to save a fortune on material costs (something that the similar wave elements effectively do).

But I guess it's all about the spectacle of the thing.
Well I hold my hands up, I didn't think anywhere would make you carry a four person raft up the stairs but apparently they do!

We have one of those slides at work (although it's enclosed but that makes no difference) and when you see the size of the drop compared to the funnel it makes you wonder why they even bothered because they don't make half way up. The rafts hitting the water at the bottom slows them down in the first place.

Well I hold my hands up, I didn't think anywhere would make you carry a four person raft up the stairs but apparently they do!

We have one of those slides at work (although it's enclosed but that makes no difference) and when you see the size of the drop compared to the funnel it makes you wonder why they even bothered because they don't make half way up. The rafts hitting the water at the bottom slows them down in the first place.
I can see the point of the enclosed ones because it keeps the experience in the dark, and if you are going to enclose it a circular shape makes the most sense. But they also tend to be half the size which again makes them more understandable.

I can see the point of the enclosed ones because it keeps the experience in the dark, and if you are going to enclose it a circular shape makes the most sense. But they also tend to be half the size which again makes them more understandable.
It's all projection mapped so it's lit up anyway :tearsofjoy:

They either need a smaller funnel, bigger drop or fatter people :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Tim
Can someone please tell me how, in the 21st century, most water slides are still garish multicoloured monstrosities, even in the best themed waterparks? I just don't see why anyone would choose this look when they can obviously make them out of same coloured segments.

Can someone please tell me how, in the 21st century, most water slides are still garish multicoloured monstrosities, even in the best themed waterparks? I just don't see why anyone would choose this look when they can obviously make them out of same coloured segments.
Is that REALLY your gut response after seeing that video?