• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

The Enchanted Portakabins also look a bit grim in those pictures. How have they stood the test of time so far?

Walked around the village yesterday and they look perfectly fine to be honest. They still look pretty much new in person!

The pods however, look even worse in person than they do in pictures. They quite literally look like they've been dumped on the field next to Enchanted Village and do not match or compliment the area. More fool the idiots that spend a penny to stay in those. Looking forward to the carnage when all these guests descend on to the existing facilities/car parking arrangements which cannot cope at the moment!

I really think that they missed a trick with this one, they should have utilised the left over wood from the Wickerman and built wicker style pods and themed the area into the Beornen village.

Just dropping by to say I saw about the Peasant Pods on the questionnaire today. Sadly still happening. Sadly still a horrifically bad idea.

I think Id chosen to ignore it. Christ its just grim af isn't it.

After seeing these in person the other week, they really are very close to each other.

Surely having a 100 of these on a tiny field is going to cause issues. No idea how sound proof they are, but I can’t imagine they will be great. You’ll be able to hear everything around you, not great if you’ve got some noisy neighbours.

Of course it’s not finished yet, but they really don’t fit in the the enchanted village next door. They aren’t in the same style or even colours as the lodges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After seeing these in person the other week, they really are very close to each other.

Surely having a 100 of these on a tiny field is going to cause issues. No idea how sound proof they are, but I can’t imagine they will be great. You’ll be able to hear everything around you, not great if you’ve got some noisy neighbours.

Well that'll be hilarious on opening night when all the vloggers are attempting to vlog their stay (may be slightly difficult with the fact the cameras and egos will be larger than the sheds themselves); the resulting videos uploaded the next day will be a clash of vloggers's voices all trying to drown out the others.

Nice of them to do that! I'm sure it'll look lovely once the trees have grown and the pods have worn in a little; it could even be somewhat magical sleeping in a forest like that!

Nice of them to do that! I'm sure it'll look lovely once the trees have grown and the pods have worn in a little; it could even be somewhat magical sleeping in a forest like that!

It will be quite magical as by the point at which those trees are grown to "forest" standard (20-30 years) those pods will have completely rotted and you will effectively have to camp outside with a tent anyway.

As I seem to be morbidly fascinated with this development and curious as to how it will (or maybe won’t) work I have had a proper look at the planning documents and along with the info on the Alton Towers website come up with the following summary of the accommodation and what is included where. This may or maybe not be of interest (and it might not be anything new) but as there has been revisions and changes not all the info appears to be together in one place or post. Apologies for being picture heavy.

Overview

sRyfB7c.jpg

So there will be 102 pods each sleeping up to 4 guests meaning a maximum capacity of 408 people for the Stargazing accommodation. Car parking will be in car park J along with the Enchanted Village guests.

Arrival

As the revised application has removed the reception building the documents now seem to suggest that check in will be located at the Tree Top Quest reception building. Reception will be maned between 8am and 9pm only.

ribxos0.jpg

j3QsFJo.jpg

I have no idea what this means for the future of Tree Top Quest itself. It does seem odd that whilst checking in for your break you are surrounded by a mothballed attraction, so perhaps it will re-open? Little Jimmy looking up wide eyed at his parents wanting a go on the zipline will soon have his dreams shattered when the staff member tells them it has been closed for 2 years - it isn’t the best start to your fantabulous escape.

The site
KS4GP0h.jpg

Once checked-in you walk through the themed entrance feature to the main site. The other theming elements total star shaped flower beds (examples seen in the pic at the top of the post) and three telescopes towards the bottom of the site as shown by blue dots below. There will also be planting around the pods.

5KqcX1k.jpg

Entertainment

The Tipi feature will be located at the bottom of the site for entertainment. The planning documents state this can accommodate 200 guests and would be used between 4pm and 9.30pm. Looking at the plans it does seem to be located very close to some of the pods.

tGwn9jQ.jpg

Facilities

Facilities wise there is one main block containing the showers and toilets, of which there will be:

· 12 showers (6 male, 6 female)
· 16 toilets (8 male, 8 female)
· Baby changing
· 2 family showers

AoTkWjD.jpg

2r6NkgH.jpg

The pods themselves have one double and two single beds, 3 sockets and a heater. You get bed linens but towels are extra (or bring your own). Check-in/out times are the same as the rest of the resort, 3pm check in, 10am check out.

Food & Drink

Food wise, breakfast baps and a hot drink are included; the planning documents do not state where this will be served. Originally there were mobile vans near the Tipi but these seem to have been removed from the most recent application. As check-in will be at the Tree Top Quest reception they could be planning to use the previous “Crooked Tea Spoon” café window to serve breakfast from. This is situated right next to the TTQ reception.

47aJqPl.jpg

There are no other planned F&B options, other resort restaurants and bars (expect CBeebies Hotel) will need to be used, it is forbidden for guests to use BBQ’s in the camp.

Cost

Price wise, one night Bed and Breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children ranges from £88 on an off peak weekday all the way up to £168 for fireworks weekend. You can also book packages with park tickets which cost extra.

Last edited: