• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

Not really, i cant say ive been in a pub which is like the Crooked Spoon. The CS is more like a canteen. Table after table which you have to squeeze past to get anywhere, and high noise levels caused by the echoes inside the large open area. There isnt anywhere to sit if you just want a drink, or chill. As for seating outside, yeah thats fine in the summer, but what about winter, or when its raining?

This. Why on earth there continue to be built restaurants and bars with high, angled reflective ceilings without thought to the hideous echo and subsequent amplified noise that creates, I will never understand.

This. Why on earth there continue to be built restaurants and bars with high, angled reflective ceilings without thought to the hideous echo and subsequent amplified noise that creates, I will never understand.
All part of the plan of getting maximum customers through the doors, make it noisy people rush to eat and leave and then the table is ready for next lot after a 10 second clean.

There's no chance they will let people light fires next to wooden sheds! H&S over-reactions aside, a camp fire might let people enjoy themselves.

The vast majority of campsites don't allow actual wood fires, but using a camping gas stove should be fine.

and a properly organised campfire, with entertainment would be a great thing for AT to offer in the evenings, set up a bar and offer decent outdoor entertainment during the summer.

The above ideas are great about evening entertainment and outdoor bars but I think we all really know that nothing will be provided and they will literally just be small sheds in a field with nothing to do after park closure

From the FAQ’s.

Are we able to bring BBQ’s or cooking appliances?

Alton Towers Resort does not allow any BBQ’s or portable cooking equipment to be used on site.

Even if they did have an official campfire, can you imagine the size of the fence they would build arround it?

Yet Disney allow you to roast marshmallows on the campfire every evening at most of their hotels.
disney-s-yacht-club-resort.jpg

Merlin need to learn how to do proper risk assessments and be less scared of litigation.

I’m sure they have like a back yard cool out / bbq with mickey at one of their resorts, wilderness lodge maybe? With a tiny bit of effort merlin could make something decent out of this shed shambles but it just seems there is no desire to do so

I’m sure they have like a back yard cool out / bbq with mickey at one of their resorts, wilderness lodge maybe? With a tiny bit of effort merlin could make something decent out of this shed shambles but it just seems there is no desire to do so

The BBQ with Mickey at the Fort Wilderness Campground is a ticketed dinner show (and has just closed permantly for construction of a new hotel.
But the campground also offers a chance to meet Chip and Dale at the campfire for free, only cost is if you want to buy marshmallows to roast. Then a movie is show outdoors for free too.
Disney-Fort-Wilderness-Theater-Campfire.png

But now we're comparing countries with stark differences in terms of what is deemed safe and healthy (*cough*gunsandchlorinatedchickens*cough*)?

Mean a lot of Danish parks have open campfires within the confines of their parks, but it is seemingly part of their culture to go an have BBQs at them as well... I mean this accommodation isn't being sold as an alternative camping style thing is it? (What IS is being sold as?)

I mean, we don't even know what's going in the tipi thing... And I'm all for Merlin bashing, but this just seems a bit peculiar an angle given we could just focus on the lack of common sense being put elsewhere into this project...

But now we're comparing countries with stark differences in terms of what is deemed safe and healthy (*cough*gunsandchlorinatedchickens*cough*)?

Mean a lot of Danish parks have open campfires within the confines of their parks, but it is seemingly part of their culture to go an have BBQs at them as well... I mean this accommodation isn't being sold as an alternative camping style thing is it? (What IS is being sold as?)

I mean, we don't even know what's going in the tipi thing... And I'm all for Merlin bashing, but this just seems a bit peculiar an angle given we could just focus on the lack of common sense being put elsewhere into this project...

It is basically camping though, there is a single toilet block a long walk from your accommodation.

and yes there is the Tipi and we don't know what entertainment they will add, but there are a lot of low cost things they could do to provide good entertainment options for the evening.

But yes sounds like as it stands the major issue they will have is that there isn't enough catering facilities and probably not enough washing facilities.

400 Guests and 3 Telescopes. 1 for each of the V/Bloggers they will invite who will tell you it's effing amazing.

I understand that the scopes will be so powerful you'll be able to see the entertainment in the evenings at Havens Primrose Valley Holiday Park

I believe that these Stargazing pods are being aimed specifically at NASA scientists. :tearsofjoy: