• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

Stargazing Pods

It’s interesting that in most new developments there is always a glimmer of positivity or a split in opinion. In this instance though, the sheer lack of imagination and patent money-gauging seem to have united everyone in their agreement of this being a pretty appalling development.

In the history of AT its very difficult to find a purely new addition (not a replacement) attracting such unanimously negative reactions. I think this consensus of opinion really does demonstrates the new depths Merlin have sunk to.

I am of course excluding @MattN from the above statement, because after trying to put a positive spin on charging a tenner for towels, I’m now convinced he is paid by Merlin to troll us.

It’s interesting that in most new developments there is always a glimmer of positivity or a split in opinion. In this instance though, the sheer lack of imagination and patent money-gauging seem to have united everyone in their agreement of this being a pretty appalling development.

In the history of AT its very difficult to find a purely new addition (not a replacement) attracting such unanimously negative reactions. I think this consensus of opinion really does demonstrates the new depths Merlin have sunk to.

I am of course excluding @MattN from the above statement, because after trying to put a positive spin on charging a tenner for towels, I’m now convinced he is paid by Merlin to troll us.

As someone who usually is quick to defend Merlin, I can’t see any positives in these. Maybe if the roof was retractable or even just glass I would be far more positive, as would many others I am sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

One thing I did not say in my statement is that I admit Alton Towers is the first place I have ever seen charge for towels.

I've always been a firm believer in focusing on the positives of things, and I don't know why that automatically means I'm being paid by Merlin because I mentioned that it would be good for the environment for people to bring their own towels.

I don't try to look like a Merlin employee, so I apologise if I do. It's just that I don't want to dwell on the negatives; I'd prefer to focus on the positives, that's all!

There is actually a positive element to this development that I've noticed over recent weeks.

The hardcore 'best day eva' and 'yummy mummy' brigade in the MAP holder community are slowly but surely starting to see the flaws of Merlin running these parks. The unattractive state of these sheds, which will inevitably pay for their individual selves after 5 nights worth of stays maximum, have been noted. Add on the outrage at MAP holders having to pay for the Dungeons as well as the blatant haste and lack of imagination to add one, paired with the recent Loggers Leap announcement and serious lack of investment at Thorpe.

They're finally starting to come to and see through the empire propped up by vinyls and a lack of strive to generate any form of guest experience.

The more crap they invest in, the more irritated people will continuously get and the less people will tolerate them. If anything, the sheer amount of crap being added to Towers this year after the success of the Wicker Man is the pinnacle testament.

One step forwards, seven hundred and eighty nine leaps backwards.

The difficult one Matt, is deciding if people are joking with you, or at you.
Your youthful innocence and enthusiasm is greatly enjoyed by many, just get used to people taking the mickey a bit.
Not everyone is as happy and positive as you.

Now here is a bit of local history that ties in nicely here with all the talk of pig farms.
A family member with a very old cottage used to have a very strange under the stairs cupboard, with a tiny little gate to the back garden.
Being a sad old bustard with a great deal of useless general knowledge, I explained that it was an old drop toilet...you could see the seat shelf brackets, and the gate was there to allow the pig in to eat the poop...I kid you not.
At the end of the year...recycled food turns into quality pork.

Now if Merlin sited their sheds at the top of the drop behing the hotels that leads to King Inas rocks, they could have made all the stargazing sheds en suite with long drop toilets, put the free range pigs in on the slope underneath...and saved loads of dosh setting up their own organic pork sausage farm.
Sorted.

Better keep taking our own hot dogs in a flask Ian.