2020: Cloud Cuckoo Land retheme?

Discussion in 'Future Discussion' started by AstroDan, 16th Jan 2017.

1. Thameslink Rail

Thameslink Rail TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    If we use the vintage idea that has been discussed recently then a Steeplechase ride might work, if a Horrible Histories theme is used then the ride could have a jousting theme.

2. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

I like the steampunk idea.... as mentioned they have their own IP already.

I think if towers is ever to grow again they need to reintroduce their home grown characters - Henry hound, Sir Algerian, the Dracula guy (name escapes me)

They were great back in the day.

Edit- damn auto correct. I have kept the obvious mistake in for humour. But you all know what it should be

3. AT86

AT86 TowersStreet Member

The count :)

4. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

That’s the one

5. venny

venny TowersStreet Member

How about:

Sir Algenon’s B&M Giga Coaster
    Sir Algenon’s RMC
    Sir Algenon’s Pub

Now that’s an area I could get behind.

6. Bert2theSpark

Bert2theSpark TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Octonauts
    Sir Algenon's 6pm everyday closure.

7. MattyH

MattyH TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Alton Towers Monorail
    Sir Algenon's Mitchelen Star Restaurant?

8. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    Sir Algenon's kabab shop

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

9. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

sir algenon pay as you play basketball game

delta79 likes this.
  10. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

Sir Algenon's Doesn't Give You Food Poisoning Restaurant would be a good start from my experience of the RCR.....

11. Matt N

Matt N TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Mako (SeaWorld Orlando)
    Themeparksandy1981 likes this.
  12. Kraken27

Kraken27 TowersStreet Member

Sir Algenon's Travelodge. Silly me, they've got a couple of those already & even one is only seasonal.

13. delta79

delta79 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis, Air
    Sir Algenon's barbeque ( only available after the fireworks)

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

14. JSF VIDS ROLLERCOASTERS

JSF VIDS ROLLERCOASTERS TowersStreet Member

I still think this could be a David Walliams land. The 'Burger Kitchen' could be a restaurant named 'rat-burgers' the driving school could be bad dad's driving academy. The gallopers carousel could be awful aunties pony training the area of toadstool could definitely be used for a Zamperla air race themed to Grandpa's Great Escape. Frog Hopper should be removed and replaced with a queue line for the theatre again and the theatre should show a condensed down version of one of the David Walliams films one every month.The nick outta control and the dolls house building could be entirely removed and replaced with a courtyard with the books that don't have rides having a mention there. Jacob

Matt N, Joel3 and Thameslink Rail like this.
  15. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    I agree with most of that but why have an air race when Drayton Manor in the same county has one?

16. D4n

D4n TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Taron
    Because not that many people visit Alton Towers and Drayton Manor in quick succession... and because they're dirt cheap.

Thameslink Rail and Ted like this.
  17. Thameslink Rail

Favourite Ride:
    The Smiler
    Good point. Given that Walliams has written 12 books for older children of which seven have become films, Merlin Magic Making would certainly have enough material to work with. I have only read 'Demon Dentist' so I can't offer many ideas here.

18. Error

Error TowersStreet Member

Fingers crossed this won't happen.

Matt.GC likes this.
  19. Sauron97

Sauron97 TowersStreet Member

Probably because nobody actually feels hyped about anything that happens anymore. What makes you think that they are competent enough for an area retheme let alone willing to set aside a substantial budget.
    Look at their history of rethemes 2008 onwards. Mutiny Bay is just Merrie England with a paint up and a few small props added here and there. Battle Galleons is good but that's literally it. Dark Forest is literally Ug land painted over, it's not dark, most of it is just paving and HB game stands. CCL itself is just Cred Street but with most buildings abandoned. It's basically a wasteland now. Does that give you confidence that they'll come up with some incredible new themed area?

In the ideal world it'd be gothic, or renaissance, or maybe even steampunk themed. The Sir Algenon thing doesn't have to be that relevant it could be some sort of easter egg or something. The focus has got to be elaborate detail, and a blend of machinery (real large scale machinary to give it that genuine appearance) and quirky fantasy. The old buildings would be replaced by newer ones appropriate to the theme, new attractions including a large dark ride would be added, and the area would fit together, which is the most important idea that theme parks trying to be theme parks should follow.

Back in reality.................... it will probably be something entirely IP centric and lacking in originality or effort. Horrible Histories is definitely a successful IP and it's a genuinely good series with a wide appeal. But that's an issue, because I'm not convinced they'll recreate any of the sets used for the series of do anything to the standard that would be required to make it convincing. It'll just be a bunch of basic flat rides with a HH logo or character plastered on the front and a bit of audio thrown in.

20. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

I totally agree with everything you say here. There is now so much wasted space for non coaster attractions that the park have to use it. I loves coaster but they simply cannot keep building them. They are almost running out of room for coasters but plenty of room for everything else