• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

If we use the vintage idea that has been discussed recently then a Steeplechase ride might work, if a Horrible Histories theme is used then the ride could have a jousting theme.

I like the steampunk idea.... as mentioned they have their own IP already.

I think if towers is ever to grow again they need to reintroduce their home grown characters - Henry hound, Sir Algerian, the Dracula guy (name escapes me)

They were great back in the day.

Edit- damn auto correct. I have kept the obvious mistake in for humour. But you all know what it should be

Sir Algenon's barbeque ( only available after the fireworks)

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

I still think this could be a David Walliams land. The 'Burger Kitchen' could be a restaurant named 'rat-burgers' the driving school could be bad dad's driving academy. The gallopers carousel could be awful aunties pony training the area of toadstool could definitely be used for a Zamperla air race themed to Grandpa's Great Escape. Frog Hopper should be removed and replaced with a queue line for the theatre again and the theatre should show a condensed down version of one of the David Walliams films one every month.The nick outta control and the dolls house building could be entirely removed and replaced with a courtyard with the books that don't have rides having a mention there. Jacob

Because not that many people visit Alton Towers and Drayton Manor in quick succession... and because they're dirt cheap.
Good point. Given that Walliams has written 12 books for older children of which seven have become films, Merlin Magic Making would certainly have enough material to work with. I have only read 'Demon Dentist' so I can't offer many ideas here.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned this yet:
Probably because nobody actually feels hyped about anything that happens anymore. What makes you think that they are competent enough for an area retheme let alone willing to set aside a substantial budget.
Look at their history of rethemes 2008 onwards. Mutiny Bay is just Merrie England with a paint up and a few small props added here and there. Battle Galleons is good but that's literally it. Dark Forest is literally Ug land painted over, it's not dark, most of it is just paving and HB game stands. CCL itself is just Cred Street but with most buildings abandoned. It's basically a wasteland now. Does that give you confidence that they'll come up with some incredible new themed area?

In the ideal world it'd be gothic, or renaissance, or maybe even steampunk themed. The Sir Algenon thing doesn't have to be that relevant it could be some sort of easter egg or something. The focus has got to be elaborate detail, and a blend of machinery (real large scale machinary to give it that genuine appearance) and quirky fantasy. The old buildings would be replaced by newer ones appropriate to the theme, new attractions including a large dark ride would be added, and the area would fit together, which is the most important idea that theme parks trying to be theme parks should follow.

Back in reality.................... it will probably be something entirely IP centric and lacking in originality or effort. Horrible Histories is definitely a successful IP and it's a genuinely good series with a wide appeal. But that's an issue, because I'm not convinced they'll recreate any of the sets used for the series of do anything to the standard that would be required to make it convincing. It'll just be a bunch of basic flat rides with a HH logo or character plastered on the front and a bit of audio thrown in.

Probably because nobody actually feels hyped about anything that happens anymore. What makes you think that they are competent enough for an area retheme let alone willing to set aside a substantial budget.
Look at their history of rethemes 2008 onwards. Mutiny Bay is just Merrie England with a paint up and a few small props added here and there. Battle Galleons is good but that's literally it. Dark Forest is literally Ug land painted over, it's not dark, most of it is just paving and HB game stands. CCL itself is just Cred Street but with most buildings abandoned. It's basically a wasteland now. Does that give you confidence that they'll come up with some incredible new themed area?

In the ideal world it'd be gothic, or renaissance, or maybe even steampunk themed. The Sir Algenon thing doesn't have to be that relevant it could be some sort of easter egg or something. The focus has got to be elaborate detail, and a blend of machinery (real large scale machinary to give it that genuine appearance) and quirky fantasy. The old buildings would be replaced by newer ones appropriate to the theme, new attractions including a large dark ride would be added, and the area would fit together, which is the most important idea that theme parks trying to be theme parks should follow.

Back in reality.................... it will probably be something entirely IP centric and lacking in originality or effort. Horrible Histories is definitely a successful IP and it's a genuinely good series with a wide appeal. But that's an issue, because I'm not convinced they'll recreate any of the sets used for the series of do anything to the standard that would be required to make it convincing. It'll just be a bunch of basic flat rides with a HH logo or character plastered on the front and a bit of audio thrown in.

I totally agree with everything you say here. There is now so much wasted space for non coaster attractions that the park have to use it. I loves coaster but they simply cannot keep building them. They are almost running out of room for coasters but plenty of room for everything else