• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

How big is the area?

I would like to see It rebranded as a new area and them start it off with a water ride and build round that. I think its a good chance for a good investment but I think instead they will look to make subtle improvements

I'm not hugely up on IP's but with such a well established name as Cbeebies occupying an area of the park would it not be a conflict to have another company IP area of the park? I suppose Motiongate is but they're separate parks from what I gather. o_O

If towers was run by people who seemed to have some idea of what they're doing, I'd be dissapointed by an ip. But, I think it's the best thing towers could go for right now. A good ip would be recognisable to the target audience of the area.

I may have missed it, but has anyone else thought about the out of control building? I'm sure this could be used for a walkthrough/darkride if frog hopper was moved.

I sometimes feel that ccl was a quick fix solution to getting people to that end of the park. It failed big time due to closing of an albeit flow from the fountain plaza with driving school, as well as chucking the frog hopper in front of a potential good indoor attraction.

Maybe now is the time to rebuild the area from scratch. Stop scrimping money and just repainting the old facades from glorys past of Land of Make Believe.

The problem with CCL is that it was only ever a repainted Cred Street. There was hardly anything new or original, everything was how it was before but with random giant flowers. The area needs to be completely rethought.

Last edited:
I agree, that area of the park has never really worked for as far back as I can remember. It's always been a mish-mash of different themes and half-realised ideas.

Of all the areas in the park, it's probably the one that has changed the least since the Broome years and it shows. It's also played host to a number of short-lived IPs over the years which has only added to the general clutter in the area.

Ideally, it would be bulldozed and started again from scratch but I can't see that happening.

Also, Cred Street was a horrible name.

Last edited:
I thought this was going to happen as soon as the first year ride closures were released, feel almost certainly it's going to happen now. Dreamworks or internal IP would be my guess.

The CBeebies area is the best maintained part of AT these days, and drags in trade all season. A Dreamworks land just makes sense, and hopefully be well maintained to meet the IP owners conditions.

I have fond memories of the driving school; but it blocks off the natural routes and those real stone turrets behind just scream Lord Farquats castle...
The burger restaurant was awful when we went last year, and they can't leave the area as it is.
Dreamworks on the TV adverts is exactly what AT needs to bring back some buzz and crowds. Merlin knows this will work, as they've done it onceat Cbeebies!
PS: The enchanted village accomodation = Shreks swamp

The area is hideous these days, but Talbot Street was a great area, so was the Land of Make Believe. Both interesting parts of the park.

You have to bear in mind that in the pre Woodcutters era, and the natural flow through the area as already mentioned, this area pretty much started as soon you came out of the arch into fountain square. You'd have a pretty clear view of a magnificent looking and coherently themed restaurant and Around the World in 80 Days building with coaster corner stretching beyond. Talbot Street would have been a street connecting coaster corner back to the arch next to where Hex now sits and it all just worked. It was a great themed area.

Festival Park would open up in to, what seemed like at the time, a large area that felt completely separate. You could walk through the entrance to the area and turn right towards the Corkscrew rather than the congested corridor Rita and it's associated buildings now create.

Rita's corridor can still be fixed, but not via the CCL area but the bottom entrance to DF

I still think good things can be done to the area with what is there and some thought

Rita's corridor can still be fixed, but not via the CCL area but the bottom entrance to DF

I still think good things can be done to the area with what is there and some thought
Yes it certainly can. I would hate to see the area torn down as has been suggested (the expensive option). Everything to make this area great is still in place.

A new proper themed entrance to Dark Forest at the other end, greeted with a new flat by the picnic area, would improve the flow of the entire area (the cheaper option).

I don't know if this has been brought up already but will the CCL Burger Kitchen is closed now I hope so, it was the worst place for food in the whole resort. If it is closed I think there will be a massive fence looking like this with massive banners saying Coming Soon hinting a CCL redevelopment.

The Burger Kitchen is generally an appalling, low quality outlet. However, in terms of capacity it's needed.

I believe there is a market for high quality food at theme parks. Would you agree?

Obviously. Most parks I visit abroad have higher level outlets than anything on park at Alton Towers. I guess RCR is higher level, but the lunchtime menu is so very limited.

Obviously. Most parks I visit abroad have higher level outlets than anything on park at Alton Towers. I guess RCR is higher level, but the lunchtime menu is so very limited.

I've not visited any European Parks. Do they have higher grade sit down food or is their "fast" food also superior?

Fast Food is fast food.

If you go for some cheap take-out McDonald's wannabe, then typically you get rubbish.

Just look at Europa-Park's food and drink selection page. There are 60+ outlets in the park alone.