• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Drayton's Fish and Chip shop is an example of how UK/EU parks food quality should be it beats most of Towers food outlets with the exception of the RCR.

Oh, cool. I never considered DM actually. To be perfectly honest, I don't rate RCR *that* highly - it's purely a novelty factor for me, however the setting is arguably the most superior in ATR.

:)

Here's a question for anyone in the know- I seem to remember the CCL Burger kitchen being much bigger and going right to the back wall in the 80's and 90's, so what is that space used for now? It can't be all kitchen space as there must have been a sizable kitchen in there before the counter was moved so close to the entrance doors?

I don't know if this has been brought up already but will the CCL Burger Kitchen is closed now I hope so, it was the worst place for food in the whole resort. If it is closed I think there will be a massive fence looking like this with massive banners saying Coming Soon hinting a CCL redevelopment.

So that's what the "Rob the Knob" planks are for.

I was in CCL Burger Kitchen in October and I thought it was alright. To be fair it was about 11am and the place was dead but I still had a good experience. Only time I've ever been in there though.

Here's a question for anyone in the know- I seem to remember the CCL Burger kitchen being much bigger and going right to the back wall in the 80's and 90's, so what is that space used for now? It can't be all kitchen space as there must have been a sizable kitchen in there before the counter was moved so close to the entrance doors?
I've heard this question before. I think the answer is that toilets have been added since it first opened taking up the space.

The Cafe in CBeebies is OK, although inevitably over priced.
You might not want to spend lunch with a load of hyperactive toddlers though...

If only they where already in contract with a organization with a IP for the 6 to 12yrs age range.
Oh they are, the good old BBC. CBBC fits the bill.
Airmageddon, 4D - Take flight on board an airmagddon racer, enjoy the tight and twisting turns of a race.
The Sparticle Nexus - Jump on the Spartiboat, for a trip to the Nexus and the adults.
Absolute Genius - join in with this interactive tour of Absolute Genius, newton and his roller coaster, etc

It could work

If only they where already in contract with a organization with a IP for the 6 to 12yrs age range.
Oh they are, the good old BBC. CBBC fits the bill.
Airmageddon, 4D - Take flight on board an airmagddon racer, enjoy the tight and twisting turns of a race.
The Sparticle Nexus - Jump on the Spartiboat, for a trip to the Nexus and the adults.
Absolute Genius - join in with this interactive tour of Absolute Genius, newton and his roller coaster, etc

It could work
It could work but personally I would hate to see it. Merlin must be capable of re theming that area and doing a decent job at it

It could work well as an area; but not as an advertising hook. Shrek, Kung Fu Panda and Madagascar are going to attract more interest from the general public, even though a CBBC land would likely be more engaging.

A Shrek IP was strongly rumoured to be planned for that area yes but it seemingly fell through for various reasons. I'm unsure how far along the lines those plans actually got, however I've heard they looked pretty impressive.

Yeah it was meant to be a Shrek land. Dreamworks pulled out.
Wow that would have been a bit of a paradox - a theme park (Duloc) within a theme Park! If that had have gone ahead they would have to have put this at the entrance to the area:

And how much does that clip look like Planet Coaster? :)

A Shrek IP was strongly rumoured to be planned for that area yes but it seemingly fell through for various reasons. I'm unsure how far along the lines those plans actually got, however I've heard they looked pretty impressive.

Oh well, look on the bright side. We got those super exciting Spider Crabs instead :D

I would like to see a CCL retheme but think merlin should stay away from a cbbc area as its already kind of been done with cbeebies land and they should have the capability to think of something else.

I think a CBBC license would be readily ascertainable, given the current ties to the BBC. The footfall for such an area would be huge, too.

The main problem with CBBC is that you're targeting a very specific demographic, and end up with another area that's 'children only'. CBeebies Land already suits this purpose and works because it's in its own contained area.

Cloud Cuckoo Land is a smaller area that forms a larger section of the theme park. Dreamworks makes more sense because it has wider appeal, a child will enjoy a Dreamworks IP as much as an adult would, and it suits the entire family, Shrek being the prime example here.

Due to Fountain Square and Dark Forest being in close proximity, Cloud Cuckoo Land needs to become an area that appeals to people of all ages whilst still fulfilling the gap we currently have between kids rides and thrill rides. Hopefully in 2019 they can finally have an area that once again is 'for the whole family'.