• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2020 Coaster Poll Round 2 Group H

Round 2 Group H

• Silver Star

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Cu Chulainn

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Untamed

Votes: 25 80.6%
  • Lisebergbanan

Votes: 11 35.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hmm, I've ridden both Silver Star and Lisebergbanan in this group.

Untamed gets my first vote though as it looks phenomenal. And my second vote is going to go to Silver Star, a very underrated B&M Hyper in my opinion.

Untamed is the only coaster I haven't ridden in this group but it is clearly the best of the options here, that gets my first vote.

I have to rule out Lisebergbanen because as fun as it is it just isn't enough of a thrill coaster to threaten here.

Which leaves me with an extremely difficult decision between Cu Chulainn and Silver Star. Both good coasters but neither is exceptional. I'm going to vote for the former, but there really isn't much in it at all.

Untamed deffo gets my vote. A solid selection here but my 2nd goes to Lisebergbanan, a fine family coaster!

I will never understand the amount of love for Silver Star.

I do think it benefits from being at Europa (as does Blue Fire)... people's opinions of a ride are much more likely to be positive if they associate it with a lovely park and fast-moving queues.

To be fair I do rate it highly, mainly for the section after the mid-course (and also the high throughput I already alluded to), but Shambhala does it all so much better that I can't possibly consider Silver Star to be a 'top tier' coaster.

Reactions: Ted
I do think it benefits from being at Europa (as does Blue Fire)... people's opinions of a ride are much more likely to be positive if they associate it with a lovely park and fast-moving queues.

To be fair I do rate it highly, mainly for the section after the mid-course (and also the high throughput I already alluded to), but Shambhala does it all so much better that I can't possibly consider Silver Star to be a 'top tier' coaster.
Nope.

Better than Shambhala, Nitro and Diamondback for me and ever so slightly above Mako.

It stands out because it keeps going right up until the break run, whereas other B&M Hypers seem to fizzle out towards the end.

I never understand the hate that Silver Star gets. Forget about which park it is at; there is a good first drop, plenty of floater airtime in the first half, ejector off the MCRB and one the best endings of any B&M Hyper.

I never understand the hate that Silver Star gets. Forget about which park it is at; there is a good first drop, plenty of floater airtime in the first half, ejector off the MCRB and one the best endings of any B&M Hyper.

I can only take it as I found it. All I can guess then is it suffers horribly with environmental inconsistencies.

I've only been to Europa once but over 3 days I rode front back and middle, morning noon and night. I found none of those things you describe, impressive first drop aside. It was just sedate, forceless. I was amazed it was possible to deliver so little with so much height!

It was roasting hot that visit, do they have different wheel compounds to slow the trains in extreme weather or something?

I can only take it as I found it. All I can guess then is it suffers horribly with environmental inconsistencies.

I've only been to Europa once but over 3 days I rode front back and middle, morning noon and night. I found none of those things you describe, impressive first drop aside. It was just sedate, forceless. I was amazed it was possible to deliver so little with so much height!

It was roasting hot that visit, do they have different wheel compounds to slow the trains in extreme weather or something?

I'm not sure, they may well do. When was it that you went? I have known Silver Star to be inconsistent at times (as other B&M Hypers have been) but for my last 3 or 4 visits (summer or winter) it has been running very well.

I'm not sure, they may well do. When was it that you went? I have known Silver Star to be inconsistent at times (as other B&M Hypers have been) but for my last 3 or 4 visits (summer or winter) it has been running very well.

I think it was 2016 I went. Guess I'll have to go back and try again. Shame that!

Reactions: Rob