2020 TS Meet Up Calendar

Discussion in 'TowersStreet Meets' started by AstroDan, 5th Jan 2020.

1. DiogoJ42

DiogoJ42 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    The Metropolitan Line
    I'm curious to know if our lovelly hard working team will be officially postponing any meets? I was thinking the other day that I should really crack on and book a hotel for North Meet... but right now I don't think that's going to happen.

I understand that most people have been working on the basis of "I won't cancel any plans until the event / attraction / tour company / whatever tell me it's cancelled". But surely in light of today's news, now is the time to put all planned trips on hold?

I like to think there's a COBRA style emergency team meeting happening right now. ;)

2. Jonathan

Jonathan TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Helix <3
    Wouldn't surprise me. :p

DiogoJ42 likes this.
  3. Danny

Danny Leicester Melvin Rong

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    I suspect we will know about open meet very shortly? Bit hard to say for the rest given the time scales the virus may either grow or reduce.

4. Craig

Craig TS Administrator Team Member

Following the updated guidance from the UK Government around Covid-19, we’ve taken the decision to postpone our opening meet at Alton Towers.

We realise how important it is to follow the advice on essential travel and avoiding large crowds, and so we hope to reschedule our meet when the risk of Covid-19 transmission is lower.

At present all other TowersStreet meets are going ahead as planned, but we’ll continue to assess the situation in line with updated UK Government advice on travel and large gatherings. If you are booking accommodation in advance for future meets, we would recommend booking flexible rates in case they need to be cancelled.

We’d love to see some good come out of the cancellation of this weekend’s meet, so if you can please consider donating to your local food bank. There are many vulnerable people who are reliant on them, and recent panic buying has resulted in stocks at many food banks running dangerously low. Check out your local food bank’s Facebook page to see if there is anything they urgently require.

Alsty likes this.
  5. AstroDan

AstroDan TS Forum Team Team Member

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
    TS NORTH CANCELLED

We have decided to cancel the TS North weekend due to the ongoing Covid-19 crisis. The weekend meet was set to visit Flamingoland and the City of York from 8-10 May 2020. At present, all other TowersStreet meets are going ahead as planned.

The next scheduled meet is now TS Summer Meet on 4th July. However, should the current restrictions ease before then, it is possible that we would arrange a short notice 'opening' meet on the weekend of, or immediately after, the park opening.

If you have accommodation booked in York, please cancel it.

Last edited: 1st Apr 2020
    Ted, DiogoJ42, djtruefitt and 2 others like this.
    Posted 1st Apr 2020
  6. Danny

Danny Leicester Melvin Rong

Favourite Ride:
    Steel Vengeance
    A shame, quite enjoyed the jaunt around York last time. Any likelihood of this being rescheduled?

Posted 1st Apr 2020
  7. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    All is possible.

As is a meet down south, i.e. like last year's Epsom weekend and so on.

It all depends. As soon as measures are lifted, no doubt weekends will be arranged!

Last edited: 1st Apr 2020
    Ted and Rowe like this.
    Posted 1st Apr 2020
  8. AstroDan

Favourite Ride:
    Our 4th July summer meet at Alton Towers is CANCELLED.

This is not because we have inside knowledge that the resort will still be entirely closed on this date, but it is to support social distancing.

We hope our Blackpool meet can be a triumphant return to meetups late in August, but will review this situation nearer the time.

MattyH, Islander, Poisson and 2 others like this.
  9. evilcod

evilcod TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Paris
    I CANNOT WAIT for socially distanced popworld

djtruefitt and Sammy like this.