2021/22 (Presumed): SW9 Speculation

Discussion in 'Future Discussion' started by Matt N, 2nd Nov 2017.

1. Matt878787

Matt878787 TowersStreet Member

Favourite Ride:
    Nemesis
    How would this surf coaster work? All I can picture is a stand up coaster sideways but maybe that’s too literal and partly 90s.

Rick likes this.
  2. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

there is an image of it somewhere on the internet - not sure it’s even a thing but it’s logical that wardley said he was working on a worlds first with b&m which wasn’t ready. Not they file this. Merlin like worlds firsts....

more maybe we will get a glorified caterpillar coaster. Who knows? Just speculating

3. Godscrasher

Godscrasher TowersStreet Member

Definitely not to my liking, particularly for a coaster. I don't find them re-rideable after you've done them once. I want to be subjected to calculated G's depending where I sit on a coaster. These spinner coasters send everything all over the place, there's no consistency.

4. Doublethink

Doublethink TowersStreet Member

The only Extreme Spinner (aka spinning mac multi launch) is Time Traveler at Silver Dollar City. Have you ridden it to make a fair judgement there?

Jb85 likes this.
  5. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

To be fair the though of it make me sick. And the park has spinball

RoyJess likes this.
  6. Godscrasher

Godscrasher TowersStreet Member

Nope, I just don't like being spun around repeatedly, enough to not enjoy any type of ride like that.

Jb85 likes this.
  7. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

8. Lurker

Lurker TowersStreet Member

No, it's still used as a picnic area (though only has about 4 tables). Rita does run above the edge of it though.

You can get to that area either by continuing left past the 13 entrance, or taking a left from just before where you go through the tunnel towards towers, after the refresh kiosk.

Depending on how much of the grassy area they can use, and how many more trees they can remove, it could make a good site.

The theme in the area is already weak in places (painted ug rocks, Rita, the fact there are no trees, scaffold tunnel), so it would be nice to revitalise it.

TheBolt likes this.
  9. Jb85

Jb85 TowersStreet Member

ah o know where you mean now... Ages since I’ve ventured to that area. There certainly is some space there and if Rita was removed you would have significant room for a coaster