• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

In terms of future expansions to Walliams World; I think that integrating what is currently the Dungeons building into the area is a great idea, but as well as that, I also think it would be great if they eventually went further towards Fountain Square. I admittedly haven’t been in that area of the park for a while, but I seem to remember that there was a big patch of grass there between the Dungeons building and Fountain Square, and an area that had a water walkers game on it. I reckon that could potentially fit another flat ride on it, possibly two if they were creative! You could also retheme the Burger Kitchen as well, which would give the area a more substantial eatery.

In terms of what type of flat ride I’d go for; I’d go for something a bit larger in terms of scale and thrill than what’s currently in the area, as I’ll admit that I do have my concerns that the current flat ride lineup in the area might be aimed at a younger audience than Walliams typically appeals to. Maybe something similar in thrill level to what Twirling Toadstool used to be would fit nicely?

I know that this is pretty aspirational given the space on offer, but I also think that a step-up family coaster of some sort would make for a nice fit; something larger than Octonauts, but not quite up there with the likes of Thirteen, Spinball and Wicker Man, if that makes any sense? In terms of a ride I’ve ridden, I think the Vekoma Family Coaster 335, or something similar in size to it, would work well; I’ve done two of this model (Flight of the Hippogriff and Rhino Coaster), and they appeal to a much broader demographic than you’d expect! There’s arguably even a Walliams book that’s pretty befitting of a roller coaster; I think Grandpa’s Great Escape would suit a roller coaster, personally!

I’m probably being too demanding with the family coaster to be fair, but those are just some of my ideas! What do you guys think?

I doubt they'd use the space and block the frontage to the Dungeons. Regarding flat rides, easy shuffle them around as they aren't exactly hard to shuffle. Could get an inside ride and another outside ride. I imagine Towers would be leery of building any sort of coaster up there due to the fact Coaster Corner is nearest to houses I believe.

I miss boneshaker which used to be in Ug Land. A new ride which was similar with the right theming would be a great addition to the David Walliams area.

When I was on it back in April 2003 (think that was its last year) I'm convinced something broke. There was an almighty cracking sound near the end of the cycle. Irreparable gearbox failure did for it in the end I believe and the noise that day would fit with an issue of that nature.

Boneshaker type ride could even go back into Dark Forest as some kind of haunted tree (like the Whomping Willow from Harry Potter), add some branch theming and make the end supports tree trunks.

Although if there is a Walliams book theme it would work for that would be fine too. I agree its a good family thrill ride, it doesn't go upside down or do anything crazy but offers a lot of fun thrills.

I think a family flume ride would be good. The park lacks one, isn't as loud as a coaster and can use tunnels to great effect. Maybe a water coaster as a halfway house?

Due to the noise sensitively in that coaster corner area I think the only option really is something indoors. Even with a ‘less noisy’ attraction such as a Flume you end up with lift hill motor/roll back noise, ride music and audio announcements, sirens etc which wouldn’t go down well with locals.

It would be ideal for an indoor/dark family coaster, but I just can’t see Merlin investing in one. The cost of the building alone would be a considerable portion of the budget which they would be unlikely to want to spend.

Suppose if it did ever happen, I imagine they'd bundle it with another Merlin park and get a Zierer of some flavour as they love them for the Lego coasters.

In terms of future expansions to Walliams World; I think that integrating what is currently the Dungeons building into the area is a great idea, but as well as that, I also think it would be great if they eventually went further towards Fountain Square. I admittedly haven’t been in that area of the park for a while, but I seem to remember that there was a big patch of grass there between the Dungeons building and Fountain Square, and an area that had a water walkers game on it. I reckon that could potentially fit another flat ride on it, possibly two if they were creative! You could also retheme the Burger Kitchen as well, which would give the area a more substantial eatery.

In terms of what type of flat ride I’d go for; I’d go for something a bit larger in terms of scale and thrill than what’s currently in the area, as I’ll admit that I do have my concerns that the current flat ride lineup in the area might be aimed at a younger audience than Walliams typically appeals to. Maybe something similar in thrill level to what Twirling Toadstool used to be would fit nicely?

I know that this is pretty aspirational given the space on offer, but I also think that a step-up family coaster of some sort would make for a nice fit; something larger than Octonauts, but not quite up there with the likes of Thirteen, Spinball and Wicker Man, if that makes any sense? In terms of a ride I’ve ridden, I think the Vekoma Family Coaster 335, or something similar in size to it, would work well; I’ve done two of this model (Flight of the Hippogriff and Rhino Coaster), and they appeal to a much broader demographic than you’d expect! There’s arguably even a Walliams book that’s pretty befitting of a roller coaster; I think Grandpa’s Great Escape would suit a roller coaster, personally!

I’m probably being too demanding with the family coaster to be fair, but those are just some of my ideas! What do you guys think?
You make a good point also in relation to the flats being too young for their audience, I'd definitely agree with this. To be honest I also feel like just retheming 2 old rides was quite lazy instead of just putting 2/3 more suitable additions in!

You make a good point also in relation to the flats being too young for their audience, I'd definitely agree with this. To be honest I also feel like just retheming 2 old rides was quite lazy instead of just putting 2/3 more suitable additions in!
To be fair to them, it’s a low year, so I think they’ve done a fantastic job on the whole!

I was only concerned because don’t they have only a 1.4m max height restriction or something like that? Or is that only the Driving School? I liked Walliams’ books when I was well above 1.4m tall, so they might potentially be alienating a part of his audience. I’m not 100% sure on that, though, I’ll admit.

Looks like the World of David Walliams will finally be opening on 17th May 2021 :)

I’m confused with all the light spots on the floor can someone explain these?

Also are they just cardboard cut outs of the characters or are they screens?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m confused with all the light spots on the floor can someone explain these?

Also are they just cardboard cut outs of the characters or are they screens?

1883fbd503d31c9b9fa219f510a81817.jpg