• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

I think they should put a cheap frontage on CATCF for a year, so the fence can go and it looks a lot less messy

Just to throw the rumour mill into motion; CCL, including Charlie, is the next development opportunity pencilled in for 2019. Theme unknown, but an interesting point was that they are considering turning Charlie around, so you start with the lifts and go on to the boat and on from there.

This will obviously prevent the waste of quite a substantial investment in the form of the lifts.

What are people's thoughts on this?

How about moving the lifts to NST. Theme it as a portal craft to another world to look a nemesis nursery.

(A bit off topic sorry)

Just to throw the rumour mill into motion; CCL, including Charlie, is the next development opportunity pencilled in for 2019. Theme unknown, but an interesting point was that they are considering turning Charlie around, so you start with the lifts and go on to the boat and on from there.

This will obviously prevent the waste of quite a substantial investment in the form of the lifts.

For me, the lifts were the highlight of Charlie, so I'm not sure if that would work. We'll just have t wait and see!

That could be quite cool, it could work a bit like Gringotts at Universal's lift, in that it almost functions as a sort of preshow.

Are you theorising or have you heard this?

Just a rumour going round from my uncles sisters great grandmother etc etc...

Definitely not a theory, simple as it sounds I wouldn't have thought of it! Kinda used to them being at the end I guess.

It would make sense though, considering the substantial cost of the lifts when installed, and they don't really want to get rid of them after such a short time, they were however slightly problematic at times. An upgrade of the projector to 4K etc. might be an option to keep with the times.

Moving them however would be more cost and effort than it is worth.

Why not, that could work well, bring a nice family friendly area to the park and bring a bit of the history back with a modern twist.

Have each ride in the area based on a book from an author.

I'm thinking that if the park are considering this, it could be a medium investment. This is because when I was scrolling through an older thread, I found that someone had posted a link to Bradley Wynne's LinkedIn profile. On there, there is now a project entitled "Alton Towers Resort 2019" that apparently entered the planning process in October 2016. Unfortunately I couldn't access the profiles of any of the other MMM designers because I'm not on LinkedIn, but take of this what you will. Sounds like something quite interesting to me.

This Bradley Wynne seems to love making a song and dance about himself on a public profile page. That says all I need to know about him really. Of course these projects are still confidential, they've not been announced yet!

:)