• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

When Enterprise and Energizer lived in Festival Park they both looked very much like travelling rides. The fencing and metal flooring played a big part in this.

When they were moved over to X-Sector they were altered to fit into the floor and the fencing changed.

If this rumour about Towers purchasing Flavios is true, there are options for making it look and feel like a much more permanent ride.

Some before/after photos to show you what I mean.

KoYyYw9.jpg

zvJkcLm.jpg

9rfRQiP.jpg

3RYjDgt.jpg

It could have been rented for an additional year, not outright purchased. As has been said however, Chinese whispers down a line of staff-to-guest-to-friend isn't the most accurate of conclusions. It does, however, make the actual reliable sources at the resort chuckle when they read this.

Flávio’s is now listed on the website as being open for Christmas, so it seems they have definitely extended it’s time on park, as it originally wasn’t listed on the website to be open for Christmas.

Flávio’s is now listed on the website as being open for Christmas, so it seems they have definitely extended it’s time on park, as it originally wasn’t listed on the website to be open for Christmas.
Interesting it does give some evidence to the speculation that Towers have bought it (which I really hope they haven't).

I wouldn't believe a rumour heard from some hotel workers daughter in law's half brothers second cousin twice removed pet cats groomers hairdresser. However, a "reliable source" saying Alton have purchased a cheap flat is certainly more plausible than the "reliably sourced" cross valley hyper being discussed in the other thread.

The last I'd heard again from a staff member so take it with a pinch of salt, is that the ride was staying although the current one was going and Towers were going to purchase their own.

Either way I think it'll be returning next year in one form or another.

I wouldn't believe a rumour heard from some hotel workers daughter in law's half brothers second cousin twice removed pet cats groomers hairdresser. However, a "reliable source" saying Alton have purchased a cheap flat is certainly more plausible than the "reliably sourced" cross valley hyper being discussed in the other thread.
Oh I don't believe the rumour I just think its a interesting proposal but not one I particularly like. Towers should not have travelling rides as permanent additions.
The last I'd heard again from a staff member so take it with a pinch of salt, is that the ride was staying although the current one was going and Towers were going to purchase their own.

Either way I think it'll be returning next year in one form or another.
That's interesting. If they did get there own I would hope it would be a permanent one or at least a more permanent looking version. As much as I think that area needs new flats I don't think any of the park should have rides that look clearly out of a funfair.

I don’t believe Merlin allow the parks anymore to buy second hand rides (unless it’s from their own parks). It would make more sense for Towers to buy their own brand new one from the ride manufacturer than to buy it second hand off a showman. Hopefully if they do buy their own they theme it in a little. I don’t mind the lights on the actual ride as they kinda fit the theme. But the external fencing, op cabin, lights around the ride, floor, etc all make it seem very funfair.

I don’t believe Merlin allow the parks anymore to buy second hand rides (unless it’s from their own parks). It would make more sense for Towers to buy their own brand new one from the ride manufacturer than to buy it second hand off a showman. Hopefully if they do buy their own they theme it in a little. I don’t mind the lights on the actual ride as they kinda fit the theme. But the external fencing, op cabin, lights around the ride, floor, etc all make it seem very funfair.

That’s interesting …. Makes sense though. It does put some logic to the investments though. With a flat you probably get 5 year guarantee, whereas coasters your probably get a lot lot more.

From a capex / balance sheet perspective a coaster is far better to have on the books than a flat as well.

Within the last week or so, there have been interesting rumours spreading that Driving School could be headed to CBeebies Land in 2022 due to the ride staff allegedly saying about being relocated to CBeebies for next season, as well as Tree Fu Tom's plot having construction work done on it.

Take these rumours with a pinch of salt, of course, but I do think that the potential of this plot of land in terms of additions to TWODW is interesting to consider.

Personally, I think some form of family roller coaster would be a nice replacement, maybe with a Grandpa's Great Escape theme (I think that one would fit nicely because it revolves around planes, and a family coaster could be quite nicely themed around planes, in my opinion). It would provide a nice step up from Octonauts, and would also put a coaster in this section of the park for the first time since 1997!

I know you're probably thinking that the plot wouldn't fit a coaster, but looking at Google Earth, Driving School occupies a deceptively large plot of land. It's around 50% larger than the plot of Octonauts, and using Maximus at Crealy as a template, the plot is at least the same size as, if not a bit larger than, the footprint of a 207m Vekoma Rollerskater (a slightly bigger family coaster model than Octonauts, standing at close to 30ft tall compared to Octonauts' ~20ft). In fact, using Rhino Coaster at WMSP as a template, even the plot of the 335m Rollerskater model (42ft tall) is only around 1/3 bigger, and this particular model looks quite sprawling compared to some family coasters; a lot of newer models of a similar size are more compact. The other coaster at WMSP, Monkey Mayhem (a Reverchon spinning coaster) would fit in the plot quite comfortably with room to spare, even though it is the same height.

What do you guys think? Do you think Driving School's plot would make a good location for a Walliams family coaster, or would you prefer something else?

I'd prefer another attraction other than yet another coaster. Yeah it's big enough to fit something small in it but I wouldn't say it's big enough to fit something much more thrilling than Octonauts in it. I've been on Maximus a few times and it's by no means bad and I wouldn't be entirely against Towers getting another whole family style ride like RMT as there is a gap in the lineup there. But should this be done with a coaster in a park that has loads already? And why restrict themselves to such a small cramped corner? Demographics of the area maybe I suppose but would they even be able to get planning for it bearing in mind there's a very good reason why that corner of the park hasn't had a coaster in it for so long?

I'm not sure about Driving School relocating until I see something more concrete, but if it is, I'd move the 3 flats into that area to tidy Walliams World up a bit and reopen the Charlie, cinema and nick buildings first.

Last edited:
No more new coasters until the park actually looks like a park again, and not a well worn funfair.
Coasters are the one thing the Towers has plenty of, what they need is to improve the rest of the offering, hot water in the bogs, repair leaking gutters at every shop and stall, and a decent coat of paint over all the peeling stuff.

Last edited:
Yeah no coaster better than Ocotnauts will fit in the Driving School plot. Only use for that space would be flat rides really. But would open up the other end of the area for better use if the Carousel was moved back and so on.

I still think moving Flávio’s into the old Nick building and making it a better ride with some lighting is a good idea. Re-opening the cinema/theatre. Then adding a new building between the cinema and the Dungeons with a indoor dark ride coaster (think Lego Dragon or Crush’s Coaster) something with show scenes and rollercoaster sections but a little thrilling.

Worth pointing out that if driving school were to go it could quite easily take the large adjoining building with it which contains (as last I knew) a HB Leisure game, Driving School photo location, Car Storage and a very rarely used Education Centre. The long abandoned Jazz Land plans would have see this area as a covered arcade with a show, small family flat rides and shops, sounds pretty good to me.

Worth pointing out that if driving school were to go it could quite easily take the large adjoining building with it which contains (as last I knew) a HB Leisure game, Driving School photo location, Car Storage and a very rarely used Education Centre. The long abandoned Jazz Land plans would have see this area as a covered arcade with a show, small family flat rides and shops, sounds pretty good to me.

and more covered space would be helpful for winter opening.

Absolutely. It makes sense if this area is liberated to use it for flats with their associated queue lines, perhaps even providing some shelter.

When you consider the education centre, H&B stalls etc and add them to all the other buildings, cinema and Around the Toyland Chocolate Dungeon building you realise how many unused assets there are there. The area is designed as a street so removing flats from in front of the abandoned buildings would give a relatively consistent thoroughfare of a large area with little in the way of clutter from the Burger Kitchen to the Driving School corner. The buildings could then easily be used for other things and attractions and this whole area would be ideal in the winter.