• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

The fact that he's working on an AT development in 2019 doesn't tell us anything at all. There's a development of some sort every year. This could be anything from CCL retheme and new attractions to a new Cbeebies flat.

"what did you do at work today?"
"I am project managing new toilets - Im so happy, this is what gets me up in the morning!"
said no one ever..

In terms of CCL Im wondering to what degree the retheme could be,

Flatten it and start again or just rename and rebrand

CCL will not be flattened for very many reason. I'd imagine the existing buildings will be used as part of a full re-theme and Charlie will become a new ride. Chances are this might use the same ride system for cost saving reasons but that is just a guess.

:)

As far as I'm aware, the ride system is sound. There's also nothing wrong with the buildings in the area, they are rethemed easily and demolition for the hell of it would cost a fortune. So I would expect an IP for Charlie with the area retheme matching it.

As in...
The wolf blood scary river ride?
Operation Ouch body tour, with the river coloured blood red
The Tracy Beaker strop strip
?

Raven's Revenge where you can attempt the final quest in raven (for an extra £3)

CCL could be quite a easy (and cheap) retheme if they wanted, as CCL from creed street wasn't massive.

I can see Charlie staying as a boat ride but brand new, unsure what they could do with the lifts though, unless they add a new finale or even switch it round and make that the entrance and do a pre show in that part of the building.

Ice age can simply be a 4D or theatre based on what ever the area becomes.

You can easily keep the flats in the area as well. And then you also have wobble world, perfect for some little dark car ride type ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone know if there is scope for running the boats and lifts seperately as two different attractions?

It would certainly be something I'd look at if if we're in charge.

They already had lifts as an attraction and it's no SBNO.

I suppose they could use the lifts as an attraction to try and elevate our expectations.

AT is a great theme park that I truly love. It genuinely has has some world beating attractions (Nemmie in particular).

Charlie and the Cardboard Factory sold AT short from day one, and demonstrated how NOT to create a new ride.

A retheme alone whilst it could be better will not do the job. Whether it be on the CATCF site or not, we need a new water ride. It needs to have drops comparable to the old log flume (which I loved), it needs to get you wet and it needs to be themed to the Standard of Valhalla.

Basically it needs a SW level budget to do justice to what can be a world class theme park. If they are going to deliver the existing ride system is not up to the job. If they are going to use the CATCF building, the is needs to be for the indoor section only. There needs to be an outdoor section giving a ride time comparable to the old log flume.

JW could do it, bit I don't know about the guys in charge now.

Come on Alton. Give us a truly world class water ride with family thrills to the max.

Charley always reminded me of the rides you get at garden centre Christmas grottos.
Such a shame for such a fantastic theme as Roald Dahl, whos stories are ideal for a UK family theme park.
Merlin need to pop across to Wallace and Gromit at the Pleasure Beach to see how you do good theming on a cheap ride mechanism.

I doubt they will put a new 'proper' water ride in CCL - I always imagine it being where Spinball is - a huge attraction as you walk into the park (much like Valhalla)

I doubt they will put a new 'proper' water ride in CCL - I always imagine it being where Spinball is - a huge attraction as you walk into the park (much like Valhalla)

If or when Spinball goes, it will be replaced by something much smaller. When constructed the area was covered by permitted development rights, hence they did not need planning permission, however this is no longer the case. The rights here have been modified and an attraction of similar scale would require planning permission.

:)

The "attraction" Cbeebies land needs more than anything is a 2nd cast member watching the bottom gate; so you can enter an exit at either end of the area.