• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Out of interest, do we reckon that the alleged 2019 CCL redo that was originally proposed would have been anything like what we have now? Going off of rumours, I'm guessing that the theme would still have been David Walliams, but the area would have been slightly different.

For reasons unknown, however, I'm assuming that plan fell through, and that's why we got the Dungeons in 2019.

I believe we would have had gangsta granny but in the Charlie building. I guess a similar ride to Charlie really. And probably no retheme of CCL, which is why it was delayed. Instead we got cheap dungeons and even a year later a cheap retheme.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At least they have no excuse for unfinished or incomplete works come opening day. In fact they now have all the time in the world to finish it all. All the buildings, with nice touches and theming. Surely there not going to leave that Centre piece, bland in the middle like that? I thought at least if no theming else where, they concentrate on the centre Piece in the middle. Makes the area look empty again. No benches either! there’s enough scattered around the edges for one area. Really wouldn’t cost too much for basic theming one area in the middle some. Some artificial grass, Maybe giant books or something clever with the characters as a statue or fountain. Actually in wasting my time. But being optimistic, I mean they can easily use the old pipes from before. Just not bare like that, please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The books look nice, but the 2D crap signs look awful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wonder what the van is behind him. Seems to be painted the same as the theatre, guessing it's just a coffee stall or something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wonder what the van is behind him. Seems to be painted the same as the theatre, guessing it's just a coffee stall or something.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Looks like the coffee store that they had made a few years back, was sometimes on towers street and has been in CCL before. And I guess with no food or drink options in there area they will need something for bored parents.

I just find it rubbish that the area's centrepiece building is not part of this development from the off.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Any idea if it was ever in line to be included in this phase got cut or is the area that we see the area that was originally planned?

Any idea if it was ever in line to be included in this phase got cut or is the area that we see the area that was originally planned?

I think the plan is to develop the area in the years beyond. That said - who knows how Covid-19 will affect future plans.

This year is a classic 'we don't have enough money to do what we want to do but we're going to try and do a job anyway'. Very Dark Forest.

SeaWorld recently announced that they may consider delaying some of their 2020 attractions until 2021, and we’ve also seen other attraction operators, such as Paultons Park with Tornado Springs, do this as well. Could we potentially see Alton delay the opening of TWODW/Gangsta Granny until March 2021? If they did this, it would give the addition the fanfare and proper opening year it deserves instead of it being overshadowed by social distancing, and it would also mean that the park does better out of the addition. What are you guys’ thoughts? I think it sounds like a potentially plausible idea, especially if whatever reopening plan they have restricts the opening of indoor attractions.

While Gangsta Granny probably isn't enough of a high profile ride for this to be a concern I was thinking the same thing for the reopening of Pirates of Batavia. The old ride closed in such dramatic fashion it seems a shame that it will reopen with mostly empty boats and spacing markers all through the queue.

This is true, but if CBeebies is anything to go by, then it could still be a fair draw to the park when it opens!

I don't don't think there's much of a comparison to be made with CBeebies Land tbh. Gangsta Granny is not an investment that is intended to draw anything like the audience of Cbeebies Land.

On the broader question of delaying openings. So far all the attractions I've seen advertised as delayed are ones that still required construction work, so the delay makes sense to allow development to be completed. Gangsta Granny on the other hand is ready to go, so I think we can expect it will open with the park, unless they deem it impossible due to social distancing.