• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

So the line up gonna be down a minimum of 4 attractions including the dungeons when they reopen. They may as well block off the whole area of the park. I doubt nothing new will be added in 2021.

Dungeons tickets are available to purchase along with theme park tickets from 4th July on the Towers website.

I would imagine certain attractions in CBeebies Land such as Justin’s House and the playground will also need to be closed.

Well frog hopper and gallopers looked ready to open just before the park was due to open. But I guess if they don’t want you in the area they will just block it off at the dungeons and use entrance next to Hex for driving school.

I would imagine dungeons, Justin’s house and Charlie and Lola will be closed, maybe even free fu Tom, as I’ve seen some play equipment closed in some theme parks abroad.

I’ll be interested to see how well they are able to social distance in dungeons.

They will no doubt be learning quite a lot on how to work it in the next couple of weeks since the Amsterdam Dungeons are reopening tomorrow and the German Dungeons are opening next week.

I think the area was pretty much complete. I think Towers is probably doing it more for publicity & finance-related reasons, which is understandable; I think the statement actually said something like “to give them the fanfare they deserve” or something like that. If I were Merlin, I wouldn’t want my investment into a new family area themed around a highly marketable IP opening up when COVID and social distancing would dull the impact it could have.

With them opening it in 2021, things are likely to be at the very least better by then (if not almost completely vanished), meaning that Merlin gets a greater reward for their great investment, and as a knock-on bonus, it gives the park a season to rebuild cash reserves (alongside the latter part of 2020) without having to worry about investing in new CAPEX; they can still market the area as “new for 2021” without actually needing to invest any money, which I think would be a blessing for the park when they perhaps don’t have as good of a financial situation as they did before, because new guests are pulled in by the marketing campaign advertising “new Walliams World for 2021!”, but the park does not have to invest any actual outlay to achieve this effect, so new guests + no need for CAPEX = better long-term finances and quicker recovery. By the time 2022 rolls around, the park will likely have rebuilt some degree of cash reserves, which they could then potentially invest into what they had planned for 2021 (or something completely different; who knows!) and use that as their new thing for the year.

I wonder how much the David Walliams brand has been damaged by little Britain and come fly with me BME 'blackface' portrayal.

And how this will affect the area future development.

BBC News - Little Britain: Matt Lucas and David Walliams 'very sorry' for blackface
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53038466

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk
Not massively I imagine, by next year it will have all blown over and people will find something else to be angry about and this will a distant memory.

Besides, the books that this land is based around have nothing to do with Little Britain or Come Fly With Me.

Can't wait for 'Vicky Pollard: The Ride - Yeah But No But' Follow Vicky as we join her on an adventure to steal all of the pick n mix from her local Tesco.

To be fair David's books have nothing to do with a sketch show over 10 years ago. By next year people will be moaning about something else.

Personally I find the whole apologising for a comedy sketch ridiculous but there we go.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

Can't wait for 'Vicky Pollard: The Ride - Yeah But No But' Follow Vicky as we join her on an adventure to steal all of the pick n mix from her local Tesco.

To be fair David's books have nothing to do with a sketch show over 10 years ago. By next year people will be moaning about something else.

Personally I find the whole apologising for a comedy sketch ridiculous but there we go.

Sent from my Huawei P30 Pro using Tapatalk

Yes I’m sure by next year people will be once again ignoring racism.....

That said it won’t have any impact on the books, no one is attacking David Walliams or Matt Lucas personally, just the principle of black face for entertainment.