• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Has an opening date been set ? I’m wondering if it will stay closed until the 22nd May , or if they will open it as soon as restrictions allow on the 17th
They’re opening on the 17th. The park already confirmed this a little while back.

Less than a month to go now!

They’re opening on the 17th. The park already confirmed this a little while back.

Less than a month to go now!
Will be interesting to see what the queue time is like when it opens from the 17th. I'm going on the 23rd, so may hit it first if it could be busy all day. That might be the only way for us adults to get on it tbh. :p
Even the RAP queue will probably be long at first as it's a new ride.

I’m thinking that TWODW may possibly scupper my strategy of “hit the Dark Forest first”, because with it being the flashy new thing, it’ll naturally bring more people to that end of the park, and even though TWODW is aimed at a reasonably young audience, I’d imagine that it still has some degree of overlap with the target audience for something like Thirteen; Flavio’s Fabulous Fandango even has the same height restriction as Thirteen.

I can imagine the reports...two hour queue in the heat/rain for a one minute ride.
Suits me, keeps all those punters out of the coaster queues.
Only did Octo because it was the only coaster open during ert...still felt the shame!

I was quite lucky in that Octonauts had a very short queue (advertised as 0 minutes, but was probably 5-10) when I did it for the first time in 2019. Mostly, it attracts queues approaching an hour, often over, which is what took me 4 years to get around to riding it. And to be honest, the ride was embarrassing enough that I probably won’t do it or any other kiddie coaster ever again, to be honest!

So on the topic of TWODW; I can foresee Gangsta Granny queues being pretty long, possibly even hitting 60+ minutes initially.

I was quite lucky in that Octonauts had a very short queue (advertised as 0 minutes, but was probably 5-10) when I did it for the first time in 2019. Mostly, it attracts queues approaching an hour, often over, which is what took me 4 years to get around to riding it. And to be honest, the ride was embarrassing enough that I probably won’t do it or any other kiddie coaster ever again, to be honest!

So on the topic of TWODW; I can foresee Gangsta Granny queues being pretty long, possibly even hitting 60+ minutes initially.
Plus, with the cars only seating 8 riders, the ratio of RAP to main queue guests will probably high, especially with social distancing in place. Some cars will probably go out with just RAP onboard, which will obviously impact the main wait time.

Social distancing should hopefully only be in place for the first month or so of the ride’s operation, so that issue might be gone by the peak months for TWODW during the summer.

If they're only able to load 1 group per car they're going to have an absolutely colossal problem on their hands as the capacity of the ride would be wholly inadequate. It would probably be somewhere around 200/hr, assuming a car every minute or so and an average of 3 per car (some would have 4 or more people but lots would be just 2). That's before you even start to think about how many RAP guests are going to want to ride - Nemesis at full tilt allocates nearly 200 seats/hour to RAP, so on paper it would appear the throughput of this thing is low enough that it'll need to be operated RAP only..?

so on paper it would appear the throughput of this thing is low enough that it'll need to be operated RAP only..?
Imagine the furore that would cause. :p Could they put perspex between the rows? Disney have done that for Rise of the Resistance, although obviously the cars are a lot bigger. Wouldn't look great but at least it would enable them to load two groups per car.

It's absolutely insane to compare how an indoor boat ride (Around the World/Toyland Tours) was designed for over 1,000 per hour, the Haunted House was designed for well over 1,500 per hour, Hex was designed for a capacity of the best part of 1,000 per hour - and here we are in 2021 with a ride that will see a capacity of around 3 or 400. Not to mention that back in the late 80s/early 90s, there was no Fastrack and no RAP impact.

Just crazy. Just shows the times we're in! Downsizing all round!

No heavily advertised dark rides or coasters at ATR should be installed with a theoretical capacity under 1,000 unless it is a support attraction.

Last edited:
Could it be possible that Towers aren't expecting GG to be as popular as we're expecting, hence the size and low capacity/throughput? I think they may have severely underestimated the popularity, but we'll find out from the 17th.

It is a case of Merlin already had the ride system, Towers needed a ride, Towers did not have much money for said ride, Merlin give them completely inadequate ride system and Towers have to make do.

I mean, I don’t think it would’ve been as big of an issue if it had been opened as part of a more fully developed themed area and not marketed as the sole headline attraction. If they had bought a wave swinger, rethemed and reopened the 4D cinema and opened a walkthrough attraction in the nickelodeon building that would’ve provided an area with a decent overall capacity when combined with this ride plus the rethemed carousel and frog hopper.

I mean, I don’t think it would’ve been as big of an issue if it had been opened as part of a more fully developed themed area and not marketed as the sole headline attraction. If they had bought a wave swinger, rethemed and reopened the 4D cinema and opened a walkthrough attraction in the nickelodeon building that would’ve provided an area with a decent overall capacity when combined with this ride plus the rethemed carousel and frog hopper.
Yeah that's the problem, that the headline attraction in this small new area is a small, very low capacity dark ride.