• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

I'm telling you now it is impossible. That queue was half full when I was in it, so from common sense if I waited 30 then the queue being full is 60.
Are you forgetting that today is the first weekend of the ride being open, when all kids are off school? I'm not surprised it's extremely busy, given both that and the low throughput.

Last edited:
I'm telling you now it is impossible. That queue was half full when I was in it, so from common sense if I waited 30 then the queue being full is 60.
It was always going to have obscene queues, even on Monday depending on RAP even half the queue space was coming up to nearly an hour (30 minutes advertised) . I can’t help noticing that you can’t accept anything other than your own idea of things

How can the queue suddenly be twice as long from a certain point one day than the other? The only factor that makes a difference is RAP and it won't half the speed of the main queue.
Edit: now it's on 90 mins apparently. This is why I don't like the app a queue can't magically be an hour shorter a minute later. They need to update it much more often

Down to 90 minutes now, so the initial crowds must be easing off!
It’s not impossible that someone had a slap on the wrist for putting an accurate time on the app either. We waited 1 hour in a 30 minute queue, let them know when we got to the front and it was met with complete indifference from the ride staff. It’s not a good look to have a high queue time like that , the complaints would pour in and the last thing they want is too many screenshots of the app on social media

From Monday the 17th May, the Government dropped the "2mtr rule*" and replaced with "exercise caution"

* The 2mtre rule still applies in certain areas where the India variant is spreading fast
That's incorrect actually; people are allowed to forgo socical distancing with close familly and friends (but must still be "cautious"), but must still remain 2 meters from everyone else. June 21st is the hoped date from which the social distacing guidance will be completely dropped.

What's interesting (but not surprising) to see is that the only other ride in the area pulling a significant crowd is FFF. Which shows that there is a clash between the desired age group for the area and the reality. Clearly a large proportion of the families wanting to ride Gangsta Granny are with children too old for the old carousel and frog hopper. The area should have more support rides of Heave Ho's intensity level, as the other two are more suited to CBeebies.

Will driving school be adapted to the area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nobody knows, but I think there is enough in the David Walliams universe to have it themed to one of his books or something. It would make sense to theme it, especially if the the remainder of the buildings become DW things in the future.

Now what would be good would if they replaced the cars with kid sized mobility scooters to tie in with Gangsta Granny next door - theme it to learning how to make the perfect getaway. All you’d have to do would be rework the attraction so that the entrance (and inevitable queues) are accessed from the left side of the street, where the car showroom was

it could be rethemed to the Bad Dad book to be honest as Bad Dad's Driving School or something, I don't really know what the book is about but I've heard the theme would match the attraction.

What actually needs to happen is the Dungeons to be totally rethemed into a major dark ride. That way, Gangsta Granny would become the secondary dark ride in the area. Then, with a support ride, entertainment venue, rethemed driving school and perhaps a café - jobs a good'un.

Indoor family coaster anyone ? We can dream

I really hope they go ahead with the suggestions that have been made on this thread though - the number of empty buildings is pretty bleak and Dungeons doesn’t seem to pull many crowds at all. You’d easily fit a flat or two on the grass areas around Burger Kitchen and that would pretty much double the size of the area!

Indoor family coaster anyone ? We can dream

I still think that could go in a new building between the dungeons building and the theatre. Where the carousel and twist are now and extending back into that area. But I don’t think the park will spend on a new building unfortunately.
Then the boat ride could be kept as a boat ride as well. Three dark rides of which one is a coaster, one a boat and one a tracked dark ride is almost Disney standard!

I think a rethemed driving school, rethemed Dungeons, show in the theatre, 2 more permanent flats (1 extra and 1 to replace FFF, and some form of coaster would make the area seem more complete. I can see a family coaster working well in this area, I'm not really familiar with the space though as I've not been in since Twirling Toadstool was removed but someone who knows the area may be able to figure out where it could go?

The most likely and ‘easy’ additions to me are:

Theatre Building - new 4D show or stage show

Nick Building: walk through attraction similar to Room on the Broom at Chessington based on a Walliams book. This building has been sat for over 20 years but as Nick attraction was basically a walk through already.

Cuckoo Cars: retheme

Burger Kitchen: light retheme to general Walliams world aesthetic/vinyls using existing BK menu with a couple of additions that are linked/themed to items from the books such ‘Rat Burger’

Dungeons: retheme keeping existing boat ride and making use of glass elevators from Charlie again.

None of it requires particularly big capex or new ride hardware, which suits Merlin’s currently strategy perfectly.

The fact that this will be mostly indoor attractions will also help with their aim of extending the season into winter with Christmas events etc giving a boost as to what they can open at that time of year.

Last edited:
Back from Towers now, and I rode GG today. I thought it was actually very well done, although my main issue is it was so loud! Made our whole (adult) group (including myself) jump. :tearsofjoy:
I wouldn't be surprised if kids get upset, especially after the finale.

Apart from that I actually quite enjoyed it. :)
Capacity/throughput is definitely a problem though. I used the RAP entrance, which was surprisingly busy. That will definitely have made the main queue even longer.

Last edited: