• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

It would be very difficult for the park to get planning permission for any large scale developments in Coaster Corner but it would be nice to see it utilised in some way in the future.

Theres a lot to do already in that area without thinking about expanding it further and retheming CATCF won't be cheap.

As we all know, Merlin don't go above and beyond...

Your last sentence sums up why I have my attitude here.

I remember coaster corner and appreciate they cannot build a coaster or large scale water ride there. It could be utalised quiet easily for family rides or a large dark ride though.

My worry is if this is not planned now it will never happen - and this ‘retheme’ is the best opportunity

CCL needs to aim at the age bracket above CBeebies Land (7+). Simple additions like themed dodgems, a new 3D film in the theatre, an XBox zone like Legoland, remove the troughs in Charlie and retheme it as a laser shoot etc.
It doesn't need to be a gigantic development; but it needs a common theme to make it marketable.

I still don't understand why there is a view that Coaster Corner needs to be utilised. With the ongoing challenges of using that area, it made sense to expand into Katanga and Gloomy Wood, there isn't an infinite need for land.

My worry is if this is not planned now it will never happen - and this ‘retheme’ is the best opportunity
If you want Coaster Corner to be utilised properly, doing so with the budget associated with this work would be insane.

How much did Ninjago ride at Legoland cost. Alton towers could have a ride system like this.
And why would they want that? o_O

It's literally a B-Tec Duel with 4D effects. It would be cheaper and easier to retheme Duel and I don't see that getting rethemed in the next 3 years as the ride is going under a refurb at the moment.

Fair enough, Merlin might have been pleased with how Ninjago was received. Kind of forgot about Duel!

9891a7f5f8f5a83b61865ab08cd12059.png

So everyone needs to check out the trailer for the new film “wonder park” This would fit perfectly into the area and it’s market. Alton towers should buy the rights for this quick! Its not owned by disney/WB/Dreamworks etc. It’s a stand alone company. Be perfect for the park to create a smaller similar version of this for 2020. So many characters you could use for this. With a water ride, 4d cinema & mixture of larger flats and smaller ones. Be great to being people into this area of all ages. Over 20s probably never seen this area of the park. Leave it another year. Small flat this year. Then with a bigger budget the following year and do it properly. What do people think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having been to CCL this weekend I was saddened but this area. Lots of lively colourful buildings.... all closed. Driving school is still great, the carousel looks tatty and half the horses aren't working, while Frog Hopper gives you a view behind the colourful wooden fences to show the remains of the Twirling toadstool. Coffee Corner used to be a fave of mine but all closed up.

A Lego retheme here would be great given how Lego obsessed kids are at the moment. Driving school could easily be rethemed to use Lego cars, a Lego shop, some new rides, its desperately desperately needed.

Having been to CCL this weekend I was saddened but this area. Lots of lively colourful buildings.... all closed. Driving school is still great, the carousel looks tatty and half the horses aren't working, while Frog Hopper gives you a view behind the colourful wooden fences to show the remains of the Twirling toadstool. Coffee Corner used to be a fave of mine but all closed up.

A Lego retheme here would be great given how Lego obsessed kids are at the moment. Driving school could easily be rethemed to use Lego cars, a Lego shop, some new rides, its desperately desperately needed.
I never thought of that before, a lego area would be really cool and timeless (like Lego itself). Also Towers is far enough away that it shouldn't draw attention away from Legoland Windsor