• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

The World of David Walliams: General Discussion

Just an update on Les Dennis. He’s stealing crime eggs from a wine shop in Alderley edge now...

f10a57a95f693af1bd22b42d7dbe02ee.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does that mean they have shelved Ainsley Harriott's Round the world in 80 spices ride?

The theatre - lego movie (short) 4D

Old nick building - lego technic working alton towers.

Driving school - lego driving school.

And of course a food outlet - the block cafe, where all the food is lego themed.

Sent from my SM-J600FN using Tapatalk

Can you still get to the Carousel/driving school or is Les Dennis World entirely boarded off now?
And if so, does that mean the Dungeons are the only thing up there?

Can you still get to the Carousel/driving school or is Les Dennis World entirely boarded off now?
And if so, does that mean the Dungeons are the only thing up there?

Yes, as only House of Monsters is closed off for the non Les Dennis themed new area.

Generally speaking, I think global warming is an excuse to raise taxes...

But... If I means we can have a massive new log flume, or even a space jam 2 themed, B and M, launced, verical drop log flume, in good old blighty then, yeah... It's real!

In my day there was.

Fantastic Fountains
Space 1999
Vintage Car Museum
Vintage Car Ride
Play Barn
Around the World in 80 days.

It's been quite the downgrade since then.

Let's hope this is the beginning of a vibrant area with multiple attractions.
Sad but true. The area was at its best in the 80's by far and it has been in decline since then. If Cbeebies is anything to go by, we'll get an IP motivated repaint at best.

They could of course fill the buildings up with excellent attractions without the need for any sort of planning permission. But as long as a few cans of B&Q own brand matt finish is cheaper, and I still have hair on my head (boldness doesn't run on my family and I'm only 36), it won't happen.

It’s a shame that the area has so many buildings around it, all of which used to house shops, food outlets, shows, rides and attractions and now they are all just empty. Which basically means you have a area with some rides in the middle surrounded by basically boarded up buildings.

Judging by the work we will see the wobble world building return, which I guess might mean we get the wobble world cafe back if that’s not used by the new ride.

But I would love to see the 4D and shop return and even the Nick building.

I always thought once they added the driving school it made that end of CCL a bit empty and a dead end. When it was cred street it was advertised with massive signage in fountain square. Now thst entrance is just blank and I think most people won’t even walk in that way.

Plus with the bridge over driving school no one with wheelchairs or pushchairs can enter the area that way.