• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] Rulantica: Vikingløp (RallyRacer) & Nordiskturn (lounges & food)

I guess it’s the kind of ride where you wouldn’t want to over theme or, as the water just won’t hit anyone on or off the ride if it’s all blocked by theming

How does a Twist'n'Splash compare to a Splash Battle in terms of how wet you get? Unlike a Splash Battle (which is already a very wet experience) it looks like riders are always in range of a cannon (as is the queue line). On a packed day there must be water flying everywhere. So I'm surprised there aren't more obstacles in between the boats just to deflect shots. Like how Whale Adventures was improved by adding more obstacles.

Having said that being in a waterpark maybe the intention is for it to be an incredibly wet experience. I know of a few other waterparks that have already shown interest in also building one. I think it's a much better market for the ride type to be in.

How does a Twist'n'Splash compare to a Splash Battle in terms of how wet you get? Unlike a Splash Battle (which is already a very wet experience) it looks like riders are always in range of a cannon (as is the queue line). On a packed day there must be water flying everywhere. So I'm surprised there aren't more obstacles in between the boats just to deflect shots. Like how Whale Adventures was improved by adding more obstacles.

Having said that being in a waterpark maybe the intention is for it to be an incredibly wet experience. I know of a few other waterparks that have already shown interest in also building one. I think it's a much better market for the ride type to be in.
You can get very wet on a twist n splash, especially if it’s a full ride and there’s people on the outside as well. I did one in Madrid and came off completely soaked.

The new slide tower is set to open this winter, however potential gas shortages and rationing in Germany mean that there is a risk that Rulantica may be forced to close this winter (source).

The onsite power plant that gives heat and electricity to Rulantica is operated using gas. And the building needs to be kept at a certain temperate to prevent any structural damage. What a potential nightmare!

Cruel irony for the Macks in it being Gazprom who are potentially cutting off Nord Stream 1 to Germany this month.

Would be a real shame for Rulantica and it's staff - in it's short life so far they've been unlucky with the pandemic lockdowns and potentially now even this.

Just back from a two day trip to EP. As always, a fantastic trip but some observations from Rulantica.

Some context it was 37 degrees here yesterday so a much needed visit to Rulantica was needed.

The good.

The new outdoor area is fantastic. Theming is on another level and so good to see the rate of expansion here.

The bus service is really efficient. It gets warm though but you’re on you’re way to a water park so its worth it.

The “Rulantica VIBES” event from 7pm each evening outside is like a vegas pool party. Everyone was having the time of their lives and even the lifeguards were getting involved in the action. Good fun.

The bad

Food offerings at peak times is still an issue. Queues lasting up to an hour on each side to get a pizza or pasta isn’t great. I think a few extra food stalls (hot dogs, burgers etc) would really help and not make the queues unbearable.

It still feels like it’s missing something. It’s a good water park, but it really needs a game changer attraction as the slides are good but not great and are all very short (Snorri Grotto the exception as it’s great and long!)

The weird

This is just an observation but the dispatch and queue line for Snorri Grotto is on the wrong side. You have to walk across the exit lane, pick up your ring and then walk over the exit lane again. Bit odd. It would be better placed on the left hand side as you enter.

Also spent a day in EP which, as always, was outstanding.

J

Last edited:
I never considered it until those supports have gone up, but it’s possibly going to be a bit of an eyesore from parts of Kronasar. Coincidentally, possibly most so from the new villas.

I never considered it until those supports have gone up, but it’s possibly going to be a bit of an eyesore from parts of Kronasar. Coincidentally, possibly most so from the new villas.
I could never afford them so no harm done.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Experienced Tønnevirvel for the first time the other week, and it is ruddy good fun! Perfect for a waterpark as you do get utterly soaked, and quite the workout, but such a good laugh.

1-800 WATERPARK BABYYYYY!!

Rulantica's social media channels have posted some pictures of the beginning of the RallyRacer installation.
300096590_1494388084350473_353986609027473841_n.jpg

FalnX6KXkAAnNvK

FalnXjFXEAAPCIc

FalnYojX0AADf6C

Very intrigued as to what the massive tower building will all house. They've mentioned new gastronomy and wellness but no solid information yet.

The building is huge.

I'd imagine a new restaurant to add variety. Re: wellness, that sounds great but it's the opposite side of the main hall to Hyggedal.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk