• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] Rulantica: Vikingløp (RallyRacer) & Nordiskturn (lounges & food)

Rulantica is currently closed for annual maintenance; however they are also taking the opportunity to create the public connections between the hall and the new slide tower.
Thomas Mack has shared a look at the entry portal which will be on the upper level of Rangnakor.
IMG_3345.jpg

From: https://twitter.com/thomasmack_ep/status/1594737502828781568?s=46&t=SaMQ6jFsP01ncdoo2UAdfg

Meanwhile the slides are done, external and internal theming work on the tower continues and fit out of the other offerings inside. More than Winter 22/23 Opening hasn't yet been said.

The EP app has added some prose on the new area and slide tower in Rulantica. It seems to suggest that the ground, first and second floor of the tower will offer additional seating areas and that the slides themselves will open in the Spring of 2023. There also seems to be even more upcharge sofa/lounge areas:

“Try it now and enjoy the pure anticipation! Nordiskturn now has even more space to rest and relax! Because even before the official opening of our new area, you can relax in the spacious, lovingly themed lounge areas on the ground floor and on the 1st and 2nd floors. Whether together with the whole family in the Lågerhus or secluded and cuddly in the Stillhet Loft - everyone will find their own personal feel-good spot for the break in between.Relax tip: book one of our new Lågerhus sofas or Stillhet sofas with your Rulantica ticket and enjoy heavenly relaxation all day long on a sofa reserved for you. From spring 2023 it will be "On the mat, get set, splash"! Then the Vikingløp race slide opens and invites you to a splashy slide down a total of 8 tubes. On the 187-meter-long lanes, mats drop from a height of 24 meters into the cool water. Who slides down their slide the fastest?”

That's a pity, I was hoping to get on the new slides when there in just over a month. Hopefully the app is wrong but doesn't sound promising.

Opening dates for anything new is one of the slightly annoying things about EP. They'll likely make a few posts on Twitter and do a quick press conference, and then bang, it will be open.

So the Tower itself opens on Monday but the slides are still ‘Spring 2023’.

Looks nice, but feels a little ‘Merlin’ to open the revenue generating stuff before the new attractions that are included in the entry price. Reminds me of when they opened the Ghost Train shop months before the actual ride.

From: https://twitter.com/europastreet/status/1606620417199833092?s=46&t=dzeY4-5bXMEShsho6lb5Mw
To be honest, the sooner the better for more cafés/restaurants. The choice will be most welcome when I am there next week.

I doubt there's some hidden agenda.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Are all the parts opening going to be part of the already wide range of upcharge lounge areas? There appears to be at least some “normal” lounge chairs in those pictures. It does look like a reasonably pleasant place to sit and perhaps a little quieter than sitting in the cacophony of the main hall.

A shame that the slides aren’t ready yet, but the additional space as well as added F&B will be most welcome, especially at this time of year when outdoor facilities are closed.

We had a wander around the open areas of the new tower on New Year's Day. It is huge! Definitely the tallest of the park's towers. There is a new café on the ground floor serving sandwiches, salads, bowls and snacks along with some recliners.The theming down there is a little Klugheim - dark, sinister somewhat. The Vikingløp slide run offs and adjacent ride entrance are currently fenced off in there, so it's a little lacking in atmosphere presently. This will no doubt right itself, though. The first floor is a huge family lounge - think a Hyggedal for everyone. There is a small café which serves drinks and cakes. It is open to all guests. The second floor is the new loft, which is a lounge for ages 18+ only. It lacks facilities, though - so I don't really see much purpose in it for now.

Overall, a very high quality place.

Lots of new lounger space in the new slide tower which is great, especially in winter season when the outdoor areas are closed. It is also a bonus that it is much quieter in there than the main building, which is ideal for if you want somewhere to chill out away from the hustle and bustle and without having to pay for Hyggedal.

Speaking of Hyggedal, it was a true blessing on New Years Day following a rather heavy night at the NYE party. Pure relaxation!

Speaking of Hyggedal, it was a true blessing on New Years Day following a rather heavy night at the NYE party. Pure relaxation!

It wasn't on NYE but last time I visited Rulantica, and first at Hyggedal, I felt the same. Going from the loud, exciting main room and running from slide to slide to walking up those stairs and immediately being in a calm, serene environment. It was wonderful. The food (I had a tofu bowl) was a bit pricey but very nice and healthy and delicious, and though a bit of a gimmick, I loved the "beer sauna". Hyggedal is a must-do on future Rulantica trips for sure.

Based on my NYD visit, I'd say they were aware that (Hyggedal aside) they didn't have enough quieter areas. This has very much been addressed with the latest expansion - the upstairs area is removed from the main hall and much quieter, whilst still suitable for families.
The food outlets in there were almost deserted when we went through whilst the others were fairly busy, so it's also a good option for food.

Europa Park have added a deal for annual pass holders, you can get 50% off a ticket for Rulantica including a free locker during off peak days from now until the 25th March when the park re opens.

It’s good to see, but it’s a shame something like this isn’t a permanent feature of the annual passes, and not just for the closed season.

Yes I noticed that this morning. I guess it is to boost guest numbers during what is likely a very quiet period. It would be nice if they could extend this offer in the main season though, excluding peak dates.