• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] Rulantica: Vikingløp (RallyRacer) & Nordiskturn (lounges & food)

I rode some pretty speedy slides for the first time last year and learnt to shield my nose with a hand (does help a lot). I forgot to do that at one point though and inhaled loads of water, which was not fun.

@Matt.GC Is this drop slide you talk about one of the capsule-style ones where you stand in a big capsule and the floor drops out from underneath you? I did one of those at Aquatica Orlando in 2016, and it was an interesting sensation, to say the least. It was an insane slide, but I think there are few times I’ve ever been more scared to do something; that buildup is terrifying, and the sensation of dropping is very strange!

Interesting to see how so many people who don’t like water parks like Rulantica. What is it that makes it more appealing than others of the genre?

@Matt.GC Is this drop slide you talk about one of the capsule-style ones where you stand in a big capsule and the floor drops out from underneath you? I did one of those at Aquatica Orlando in 2016, and it was an interesting sensation, to say the least. It was an insane slide, but I think there are few times I’ve ever been more scared to do something; that buildup is terrifying, and the sensation of dropping is very strange!

Interesting to see how so many people who don’t like water parks like Rulantica. What is it that makes it more appealing than others of the genre?
That is the one, yeah. Terrifying but fun.

Rulantica is just an out and out nice place to be. It's beautifully themed right from the entrance (apart from some dead spots in a couple of queue lines). It's not all slides and wave machines, you can dislike waterparks and still love Rulantica. You can easily spend a day there just eating, relaxing and having a few beers. My daughter keeps asking to go back there, it's the part of our last trip she remembers the most.

My wife doesn’t like water parks, she doesn’t like water as she’s a non swimmer.

When we visit, she’s more than happy chilling out on a lounger inside or outside and having a bit of RnR.

She says exactly the same as Matt.

Last time we visited, we did the whole day and even had a lovely bowl of pasta for our evening meal.

Added a beach island for our next trip but it’ll be a full day again.

And now it is being installed:

Doubt it will take them too long now to get it finished, tested and open.

Looking at that photo. It is amazing to think that not at all that long ago, what you see there was empty fields. Yet now it looks really planted and natural in it's surroundings. Amazing.

Theming is now in place, testing and staff training now underway.
index.php

Source

3rd Slide Tower continuing to go up.

I'm not blown away by the theming if I'm entirely honest. The central rocks look quite cheap?

Reactions: D4n
I do suspect that they'll fail a good old fashioned build quality check. However I guess there's only so much weight that they are able to put on the ride as theming, hence it's fibreglass rock rather than the proper rockwork we usually get from EP.

I expected lot more water effects on and around the ride. Although it looks like there are many cannons which is great, I would have expected more water to translate it from theme park to water park ride.