• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2023] Rulantica: Vikingløp (RallyRacer) & Nordiskturn (lounges & food)

Some new concepts and details have been released for Vikingløp
- the new tower/building seemingly called Nordiskturn will have 6 floors
- each slide/lane is 187m long (which makes these the 2nd longest slides in the park after Svalgur Rytt)
- 24m tall
- each race time will be measured and displayed at the end
FbvNF36WAAEbYJW
FbvNFCgXEAAxxkz

FbvNEf-XwAEw6oz

Source

Last edited:
I'm sure @CSLKenny won't mind me sharing his progress update on the new Nordiskturn slide tower:

Looks like Vikingløp is nearly complete and the themed walls of the tower are coming on well.

I think they’ve said this winter. Judging by the good progress made, one would expect that’s about right and it’ll not be too much longer.

They'll certainly help with capacity and the often long Rulantica slide queues.

It looks like the slides will be ready prior to the facade. Interestingly still no news on what exactly will fill the additional space in the tower over and above F&B / relaxation areas. I’d guess that those other areas may well open later than the slides.

Perhaps we might hear a little more in the Eatrenalin presser next week.

We watched them attach the top of the purple slide a week and a half ago. Can't be more than a week to attach the last few sections.

Yes they have, I got to ride it a month ago while the tent was half in place. Was good fun although at the time you entered from the outside and most people didn't even realise there was a ride under there.

Utterly absurd. First they put a tent one over the outdoor bar, now there's one for Tønnevirvel so presumably the next step is an even bigger one to cover the entirety of Svalgur Rok!?

I get that it's an extra attraction but surely the cost of keeping that tent heated is disproportionate to the number of people who are actually going to go in there? A lot of people simply won't bother, whilst most that go in might spend 10min in there total.

Although I think it's brilliant that they've gone to such an effort, the fact that they keep covering attractions up with tents makes me wonder why they didn't build them undercover in the first place.

Although I think it's brilliant that they've gone to such an effort, the fact that they keep covering attractions up with tents makes me wonder why they didn't build them undercover in the first place.
The tents aren’t there in the summer season. It’s purely for them to be able to operate them and the guest be comfortable during the colder months, whilst not compromising the enjoyment of being able to experience them in the glorious summer sunshine.

I presume the heat comes from the pool, like an otherwise unused byproduct, rather than it actually being heated by some dedicated heat source?

I always assumed that was the case for the pool tent but presumably the one over the ride needs a dedicated heat source

I do think if they plan on doing this every year they should come up with a more permanent solution which doesn’t look so temporary. The outdoor pool bar is great and it’s good that it’s open in winter and has the dj, but the tent does feel very temporary and unthemed. It would be nice if they bought their own perm solution for the winter.

I don't mind the tents. Sure, they don't look great, but they do a job and allow for the overall capacity of Rulantica to be increased (ever so slightly) over winter. A more permanent solution could become too intrusive in the main summer season.