• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

The story has been released for this year's 'Traumatica: Festival of Fear' - it explains the fate of the various factions post war and now the travelling folk have settled in Traumatica.

This year's mazes are Petting Zoo, Wax Museum, Grim's Funhouse, Skin Deep and Tarot House.
Petting Zoo is rumoured to feature some recycled animatronics from Dschungel Flossfahrt.

First flyers advertising the winter season - interesting to note is the new circus location (where it is currently being built up for Traumatica). The ice bar is returning, while the Ice Sculptures and the Winterzauber Ed & Edda show on the lake won't be returning.
index.php

Source

Last edited:
Is it likely that there will be no replacement for the Ed and Edda show on the lake?

Also, regarding the Circus, does it ever involve animals at all does anyone know? I always swerve these things just incase so didn’t do it on our visit in 2019, would be interested to know for our trip this winter.

It certainly used to feature animals though I've not watched for several years so I'm not sure if it still does.

It’s featured some animals in the last 3 years. Dogs and horses from memory.

I’m quite surprised the lake show is going. It was a great end to the day and normally well attended. It’s been around for a while too.

The ice sculptures are probably more understandable after they had to let them melt without anyone seeing them in 2020. They were already discontinued last year and replaced by an activity tent which had some cool games in it.

If its just Dogs and Horses that falls into the acceptable category for me (no issue to anyone that thinks otherwise).

I did a bit of research into EPs horses a few years back, when we noticed they had some fairly rare breeds that you need special permission to own. I can't remember all the details but EPs really highly accredited for their care (and Germany have quite strict animal welfare rules as well).
Likewise Dogs are domesticated and working animals so as long as they are being well treated I'm OK with that.

I guess I draw the line when animals are being used that they are ill-equipped to properly look after them (like most travelling circuses) or they are an animal that suffers from being captive (example. Killer Whales not getting enough space).

But it's interesting to see where we all think the line should be drawn.

I've just realised that Josefina's Magical Boat thingy is listed as an attraction for the winter season. That seems strange what with the work taking place for next year!?

I’m the same, domesticated animals so long as the act doesn’t distress them and they are well cared for I’m happy to watch a show. Wild animals are a big no for me in circus’s

The problem is of course that if there isn’t an easy way to know a Circus doesn’t feature wild animals I don’t want to take the risk of sitting down to watch it. The fact this particular one does have some animals means it’s certainly more of a possibility than if they just make a blanket decision of no animals whatsoever. Then you know where you are.

The problem is of course that if there isn’t an easy way to know a Circus doesn’t feature wild animals I don’t want to take the risk of sitting down to watch it. The fact this particular one does have some animals means it’s certainly more of a possibility than if they just make a blanket decision of no animals whatsoever. Then you know where you are.

I would imagine if you ask guest services on arrival they will let you know.

I've just realised that Josefina's Magical Boat thingy is listed as an attraction for the winter season. That seems strange what with the work taking place for next year!?
Would guess then the work will again be confined to the off season. Is hopefully enough time.

While all the attention is on Voltron (as hopefully still the main 2023 addition) I'm quite intrigued to see how the completion of the Austria expansion turns out. Finally having the correct boats for Josefinas, the finished station and the final Adventure Land remnants removed will be a vast improvement. The new quick service restaurant with a slide over the station looks an awesome replacement for the Food Station, and I'm intrigued by what the 'ACE Clubhouse' on it's old site opposite will contain.
Reminder of some of the concept arts for next year.
index.php

europa-park-josefinas-kasierliche-zauberreise-2023-neuheit-artwork-03.jpg
index.php
europa-park-josefinas-kasierliche-zauberreise-2023-neuheit-artwork.jpg

It does seem like a big ask to get that done between the winter season and the start of the main season, unless it too will not be open at the start of the 2023 season. I guess they can be working on the Food Station site first and have that completely fenced off during winter, and then focus on the new restaurant thereafter. I still don't see how that is only a 2 month job though, it looks substantial.
Have they addressed why the last row of those boats is a table?

One would hope it is so you can have a beer whilst on the ride (other beverages are available)!

I’m going to guess a few things: -

- The ride won’t be open for the very start of the season

- They could get the area of the queue line built as a priority and then complete the fit out of the restaurant whilst the ride queue has already opened.

- There might be a snack bar in the queue to collect food or drink to enjoy whilst on the ride.