• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

I imagine - like Phantasialand's alternative Berlin set up last year which they are also keeping - the stalls spread out in Schloss park worked out well and avoided crowding. Personally I quite liked it too.
Erdinger Hut and the sculptures are a real shame however but with the staffing and energy crises respectively also not a surprise. Hopefully they return next year.

The lake show Ed & Edda's Winterzauber is also gone. However seemingly is being replaced by a new show called "Josefinas Winterreise" on the lake.

I think the change of shows related to the continued work to the Rafts. They likely can’t site the crane next to the station as they have done in past years.

Last year,along with moving the stalls into the garden area, there was an alcohol ban at those outlets nearest the entrance, I assume to prevent people congregating as they left the park. I do wonder how much any residual covid concerns played into this year’s planning. Perhaps they’re keeping the markets in the garden for that reason. Either way, I’m hopeful they’ll return to their original location at some point. The atmosphere on that street whilst everyone’s gathered around with gluhwein and crepes is magical.

An alcohol ban in a part of EP? Christ! Understandable to prevent gatherings when not allowed due to Covid but there should be no need for such a measure this year.

Yeah was just a corona measure. The market stall signs had simply just stickers put over the alcoholic drink offerings last minute.

I'm shocked even Europa signed that off. That sets a really bad precedent that it is ok to try stuff like this with lose articles.

Hope we don't see all the headline rides having to add pre-ride lockers as a result of copycats in a few years time. Rides like Sat would have to loose the lovely new queue they've built for it to fit a locker room in.

I think German sensibilities are somewhat different from ours (or at least some of the wider British public’s). Just look at the other things at Europa which you’d never see in a UK park - people are trusted to act like adults.

I'm shocked even Europa signed that off. That sets a really bad precedent that it is ok to try stuff like this with lose articles.
Yeah that was interesting choice over catching other items like a ball or something. Rather than objects the park already has issues with guests using onside.
Has attracted some online criticism.

They were amazing! But I don't remember any of them being literal safety threats. Weren't they just putting Teddy Bears on rides and ducks in the Rapids. And even when that bear flew off it's not like any people were riding it.

I think German sensibilities are somewhat different from ours (or at least some of the wider British public’s). Just look at the other things at Europa which you’d never see in a UK park - people are trusted to act like adults.
Germans are more responsible but they are still human. And theres always a 1%. I bet texting while driving is also an issue there.

Yep, sadly you'll never see dogs on park in the UK.
Not with that attitude you won't! 😆

Just a heads up that the Resort Pass prices will be increasing on 16 January 2023.

Silver will rise from €225 to €240 and Gold from €395 to €420.

I guess given that admission prices themselves are rising by a similar percentage, it's no wonder... even less of a wonder in these times.

Urgh.

Well, still not the extortion of a fortnight's tickets in Orlando.

Dr Klaiber from park operations management gave an interview recently about this winter season and the effect of the energy crisis. And revealed that this season has been the busiest on record!
- Almost all of the lighting in Europapark has been converted to LED. This already saves 80% energy and came at a cost of several million euros.
- Christmas lighting will be reduced to 60% in 2022/2023 compared to pre-pandemic levels. The guests shouldn't notice much of this in terms of atmosphere, since in places that were previously massively (over)lit, something is thinned out.
- Reduced switch-on and switch-off times save 30% of energy, in the evening the lighting is switched off at 10 p.m.
- The energy consumption for the Christmas lights is less than 1% of the total energy consumption of the park. With the park's own hydroelectric power station and the photovoltaic system, 30 times the energy required for the Christmas lights is produced in a CO2-neutral manner. Things are also balanced/reduced with the winter closure of the energy intensive Fjord Rafting and Atlantica Supersplash
- The increased energy costs, probably 10 million euros, are not going to be fully passed on to the guests. The entrance fees will increase "only" in the single-digit percentage range as normal as the park's offerings expand (80 Millions have/are being invested in new attractions)

- The Croatia construction is progressing on schedule (obviously as we annoying know Voltron will nevertheless be delayed due to electronics supply chain issues.

By the end of the season in mid-January 2023, the park will have had the busiest season in its history, with probably over six million guests for the first time.
Source

And revealed that this season has been the busiest on record!
That’s promising! I was a little concerned after EP apparently only got 3 million guests in 2021 (only 500k higher than 2020), but I’m glad to hear that 2022 has seen the stratospheric increase required to take them back to pre-COVID levels (above pre-COVID levels, in fact)!

I wasn't expecting Europa-Park to have their busiest year on record in 2022, that is great news!

A shame about the reduction in Christmas lighting, but understandable I guess. Hopefully it won't be too noticeable, the sheer amount of lighting and decorations is one of the things I love about winter season!

6m!?

Good lord.

They need full staffing complement ASAP... get those 9pm closes back in peak.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

Here's some nice wholesome content for your Friday morning. As part of the Hans Christian Andersen exhibition in the Blue Fire Dome this winter season, Roland Mack has been ready fairytales to 20 Ukrainian children, sporting a quite wonderful top hat: