• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2022 Meet Up Calendar

AstroDan

TS Team
Favourite Ride
Steel Vengeance, Cedar Point
Welcome to our proposed 2022 Meet Up Calendar! With the pandemic having wreaked havoc on our schedules over the past two seasons, we're hopeful that this year we will be able to once again enjoy informal, fun days out at the UK's number one theme park!

For now, our meets are solely focused on Alton Towers. Historically, we've held meets around the UK and even abroad - but given the current climate, we'll be staying closer to home for now. That isn't to say that Mini Meets to other parks won't take place - don't forget to keep checking the trip planning forum. We also reserve the right to add additional Official Meet dates to the calendar if something comes up!

NEW FOR 2022 - you can RSVP on our meet up threads, which will be created 1 month before the event.

2022 Calendar

Saturday, 19th March 2022: Opening Day Meet
9.30am - Meet outside Splash Landings Hotel

Saturday, 18th June 2022: Mid Season Meet

Saturday, 17th September 2022: Oktoberfest Meet!
To take advantage of the flowing beers, we recommend a room on resort!

Saturday, 15th October 2022: Scarefest Meet
9.30am - Join us for rides in the dark!
The night before the event, why not join us in The Plaza, Rugeley for some food and drink?

Friday, 4th to Sunday, 6th November 2022: Fireworks!
Over the three days, you can be sure a group of TS pros will be on park for rides, drinks and fun!

Last edited:
Will there be 10th anniversary hard hats provided for the June meet? Or has that not caught on from Germany yet?

Reactions: Ian
Will there be 10th anniversary hard hats provided for the June meet? Or has that not caught on from Germany yet?

Better. High vis jackets.

Compliment the hard hat and complete your look!

I hope to be at all meets in some form or other (either all day or after work), will certainly be up for stopping over for opening, Oktoberfest and as usual fireworks!

Hopefully I'll have an annual pass this year and if the booking system allows I should be able to make the March meet up all been well.

Also a wise ploy to keep track of an intoxicated @Sir Queer Llama stumbling through the woodland of Staffordshire during the unsociable hours of the morning.
I simply do not know what you mean… Our meets are not drinking sessions!

Anyway, for once I should be at every official meet. Which is very exciting. Well for me anyway, most unlucky for you lot. Sorry

I was intending to attend the opening meet, though have just been on the MAP pre-booking page, and Saturday 19th is not available

I’m not entirely sure whether they still require pre booking for annual passes, but if they do then I might be out of luck already

It was available at one stage, whether it should have been I have no idea. You'd hope reservations would go away.

I was intending to attend the opening meet, though have just been on the MAP pre-booking page, and Saturday 19th is not available

I’m not entirely sure whether they still require pre booking for annual passes, but if they do then I might be out of luck already

Are any other dates available and just the 19th greyed out?

With an Alton Towers Annual Pass, I did manage to book the Saturday 2 weeks ago (sorry, I'll be on my best behavior, promise).

Yeah it's greyed out for me as well (Merlin Gold Pass) but I can book any other dates.

General admission tickets are available.

Pretty hacked off tbh :-(

I hadn't even contemplated making a reservation for opening day yet but fully intend to be there. Surely it is not unavailable!?

I hadn't even contemplated making a reservation for opening day yet but fully intend to be there. Surely it is not unavailable!?

Seems so, at the moment anyway. I guess they could be being supercautious with capacity because they don't know what Covid restrictions will be in place in late March, and they'll release more slots soon. (Hopefully?)

@Poisson, pretty sure passholder prebook isn't going anywhere anytime soon. However I'd expect to be able to get any date in the calendar up to a week in advance.

Hopefully just an issue with allocations. Opening day is hardly rammed to the rafters, especially one with no new additions.

Yeah it's greyed out for me as well (Merlin Gold Pass) but I can book any other dates.

General admission tickets are available.

Pretty hacked off tbh :-(

I would be too.

Didn't mention this before, but if off topic too much, please delete.

Had a chat with customer services back in Jan. Rest of the booking system (only park entry available at moment, rest just crashes) comes fully online towards the end of Feb. (she did mention to start checking around mid Feb).

Now my 2+2=5 logic, says that its just bare min tickets/pass allocating at moment and most likely increase when the rest of the booking system comes online and they start to move away from bare minimal operations/openings. Just enough not to turn away paying customers (they have the annual pass money so don't care :().