• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

TBC: SW9 Speculation

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.
I think 3 thrill flat rides, in Forbidden Valley, Dark Forest and X Sector would be perfect for the park. I'd add a suspended top spin like Talocan, a top scan and an Intamin gyro swing.

I think 3 thrill flat rides, in Forbidden Valley, Dark Forest and X Sector would be perfect for the park. I'd add a suspended top spin like Talocan, a top scan and an Intamin gyro swing.
A gyro-swing would have to be partially sunken into the ground to meet the tree height rule.

See unfortunately this would make too much sense and according to Merlin's "customer research" visitors would instead want bouncy castles instead.

They've got the bouncy castle coming to the lawns next year after thorpe. Then Chessy the next year as the replacement for Vampire
Don't be cynical. This will be a 100% immersive, innovative bouncy castle, designed by the Lead Creatives at MMM (the world's greatest attraction producers, of which all competition is jealous), with an OST composed by famed broadcaster and theme park personality Nick Hutson (ft. Psy). The self appointed theme park media have already said how good Thorpe's prototype bouncy castle is on YouTube, therefore it must be good.

Forgive my simpleness but what has been the issue with AT and B&M Coasters?
I think it's more that none of B&Ms current portfolio that they don't already have is well suited to Towers. A hyper is too tall, stand ups are crap and Thorpe already have a wing coaster, which wasn't particularly successful.

On a side note, I have always thought Cillit Bang sounds suspiciously like something else....anyway....

I would love to see a world class water ride at the park to compete with the likes of Valhalla and Stormforce. It would add to their lineup nicely. Water rides have evolved hugely since they last installed one and I think it would go down extremely well with the guests. Especially if the wetness could be modulated depending on weather. As there is something that attracts people to watterrides apart from getting wet.

We all know the new SW is going to be a bouncy castle where you pay for it via the amount of air pumped into it. Buy a cars worth of fantastical air for a magical blast on the bouncy castle for only £42.50 or 10% off with a MAP. Bringing your own air is strictly prohibited as the bouncy castles support 'fantastical' air only. The big cheeses at head office will be congratulating all round that they have evolved the bouncy castle format to more streamline it into their business practices.

Personally I think the whole Merlin estate will be bouncy castles by 2030. With Alton having the world's largest collection of bouncy castles in any resort. I wonder which park will get the first ones to be sponsored by Melinda Messenger and Charlie Dimmock.

'Alton Towers: Where the bouncing never ends!'

Last edited:
As much as that would be awesome, Towers doesn't need any more thrill rides in reality. Although all 3 areas are in need of an additional attraction, the priority needs to be to get some more 0.9 ~ 1.1 mtr height restriction family rides. I don't think flats would fit the bill here. It already has Heave Ho, Marauders, Blade and Enterprise for this, although I agree a couple of lower height restriction flats wouldn't hurt in reality.

It's whole family attractions the park is missing. They could start by sorting out Duel and the Rapids then in my opinion, a Flume is needed and at least 1 more family dark ride (hint hint, bin the Dungeons off and put a new dark ride in there). Reopen the cinema again, perhaps a new indoor soft play and suddenly you have a much more appealing park again. Perhaps a new family coaster would be in order for an SW but I couldn't see it pulling in the crowds.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.