• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

I would not bet on this being the final layout, rather a collection of elements that will be used, but not exactly like this. This drawing is only made for the noise emission regulation, so it must only be correct in this respect.

When looking closely at one of the plans at the midway point of the layout (marked stop and start in the noise study plan) there appears to be a double turntable element. Two 4 row trains are even depicted on it. Seems as well as switching over to the next half of the layout it would also double to get trains into the maintenance bays beside there.
Ultimately this has led to speculation about a swing launch/triple launch element here.

Screenshot_20220420-205051.jpg

That looks really cool, I like the idea of verticle launches, the only time I know of that being done is at Lagoon in the US: https://rcdb.com/3534.htm
I've always fancied trying that, it looks like a exciting way to prepull the rider and definitely makes the ride more interesting.
The rest of the layout looks solid too with some great elements all round.

If it is single track then this isn’t going to get above 1000 an hour throughput, each block is similar in length to a single block on the Smiler with the same train capacity. Or am I missing something?

If it is single track then this isn’t going to get above 1000 an hour throughput, each block is similar in length to a single block on the Smiler with the same train capacity. Or am I missing something?
That fact that it's at Europa-Park!? :p

It's a good point though, on the face of it capacity does not look as high as you might expect from an EP coaster. Will be interesting to see if they do have any innovations to counter that.

Had they not confirmed the capacity at around 1400 previously? I know it looks like it might struggle to achieve it, but I’m sure I’ve heard that figure.

EP can't build a new coaster with a capacity of ~1000 pph.
EP said the capacity of the new coaster will be ~1600pph.

There must be something we are missing then as even when the Smiler was run at full speed pre-crash it would only pull around 1000 an hour and based on the no limits pov in the post above the block times are relatively similar.

With a 16 seat train you need 100 dispatches an hour to get 1600 so single track that’s a dispatch every 40 seconds or so.

There must be something we are missing then as even when the Smiler was run at full speed pre-crash it would only pull around 1000 an hour and based on the no limits pov in the post above the block times are relatively similar.

With a 16 seat train you need 100 dispatches an hour to get 1600 so single track that’s a dispatch every 40 seconds or so.
A dispatch every 40s isn't unreasonable. I've clocked Blue Fire at 30s.

But being Europa I'd expect the ride to rely on more than just very fast dispatches. Blue Fire has an impressive throughput even when dispatching at normal speeds.

Given the noise report diagram doesn't mark a 'start' for the first half it would appear to be indoors then. Who knows how much of a substantial indoor section it will have - be it dark ride part or coaster, or both - however it would add a block section.
Then you have the first outdoor half following the vertical launch, the turntable depending on the set up and timing is perhaps part of a dark ride section/show scene, finally the swing launch/second half. Station with a load and off load. Could easily imagine there will be a decent number of trains.

Patrick Marx of Mack NeXT has commented on EPFriends.de forum on his amusement reading all the fan speculation; and he also added:
some things unfortunately have to be published, that's how the German authorities want it, but there is also some leeway that we of course use ;-)

Reactions: Rob
Given the noise report diagram doesn't mark a 'start' for the first half it would appear to be indoors then. Who knows how much of a substantial indoor section it will have - be it dark ride part or coaster, or both - however it would add a block section.
Then you have the first outdoor half following the vertical launch, the turntable depending on the set up and timing is perhaps part of a dark ride section/show scene, finally the swing launch/second half. Station with a load and off load. Could easily imagine there will be a decent number of trains.

Patrick Marx of Mack NeXT has commented on EPFriends.de forum on his amusement reading all the fan speculation; and he also added:

I suspect this is the key, not everything is being released. Hate to keep comparing this to The Smiler but Towers also obfuscated the planning application for that so that you couldn’t see all 14 inversions, I suspect EP has done something similar here.

Coastersworld.fr user 'Ticatoc' has put together a detailed analysis of the planning permission documents.
index.php

Buildings Key:
A - Maintenance Bays/Train Storage
B - Presumed Showscene
C - Not yet built backstage warehouse
D - New pathway connecting the area to Russia

Colours:
Red - Track
Green - Station
Yellow - Vertical Launch
Orange - Swing Launch
Purple - Turntable
Gray - Brakes
Dark Blue - Buildings
Light Blue - Rest of phase 1 of the new Croatia themed area with this ride

● 1: Station: off load & load
● 2: Possible show scene
● 3: Vertical launch
● 4: "Loop"
● 5: Roll
● 6: Airtime Hill
● 7: Immelman
● 8: Non-Inverting Immelmann
● 9: Stall
● 10: Airtime Hill
● 11: “Dive”
● 12: "Looping"
● 13: brakes (standstill)
● 14: Turntable
● 15: Swing Launch
● 16: Spike (Vertical? Inversion? Twisted? )
● 17: Top Hat
● 18: Airtime Hill
● 19: Reverse banked stall (Outer bank?)
● 20: Double up
● 21: mcbr
● 22: Roll (Barrel roll? Zero-G?)
● 23: S curve
● 24: corkscrew
● 25: final brake run

index.php

Source

Another document uploaded by Rust shows the high capacity of the maintenance bays.
FQ-lwTfXoAAPteb