• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

So I have just typed the message in to Google Translate as well, slightly different, but maybe I typed something in wrong. Also seems to think its Bosnian?
Istrazujemo Neustrasivo, a ne nepromiseljeno. Toje Velika razlka

Ovajtdranj je poprilicn upadljiv Ljudi Pricaju

We investigate Fearlessly, not recklessly. That's a big difference

This place is quite conspicuous. People talk

So I have just typed the message in to Google Translate as well, slightly different, but maybe I typed something in wrong. Also seems to think its Bosnian?
Istrazujemo Neustrasivo, a ne nepromiseljeno. Toje Velika razlka

Ovajtdranj je poprilicn upadljiv Ljudi Pricaju

We investigate Fearlessly, not recklessly. That's a big difference

This place is quite conspicuous. People talk

Bosnian and Croatian are the same language really, just have a few subtle differences but nothing major.

Since Wednesday, new posters have been added to the construction fences.
98a32e67-5e4a-4483-ac51-b8e05bc9c27b-jpeg.1459
BE02AA57-B0FD-48BD-B1BB-741A11349EBE.jpeg
FB5A1FB8-03DA-4328-B21C-89FA002086B6.jpeg
01057946-7471-4BDC-AB9F-4FE727BDDDFC.jpeg

Attachments

• 98A32E67-5E4A-4483-AC51-B8E05BC9C27B.jpeg
    98A32E67-5E4A-4483-AC51-B8E05BC9C27B.jpeg
    234.1 KB · Views: 365
Not too much revealed in the new Making Of episode, but still highly amusing. They did show more of the layout with some theming renderings, but then went on to suggest that what they had shown was not the final layout.

They did confirm however that:
  • The shallow pit that they have been focussing on is where a small expanse of water will be. Sea views are synonymous with Crotatia and the area will utilise water
  • There will be a small courtyard near to this, and from here you will find the ride entrance
  • The station building is the longest part of the whole build
  • Track will start going up in January
  • There are 7 block sections in the coaster, 3 or 4 are part of the main layout and the rest in the station. It was a challenge to meet the brief of a high capacity coaster using these trains
  • The first two rows on the trains are closer together than rows 3 and 4. This is to help the trains navigate the layout

Groundwork around the station building especially is coming along very nicely now:

It looks like around where the crane currently is placed is where the small expanse of water in the area is going to be.

Small expanse of water = pond
Quite. It's where Shanghai's Downtown Disney district really lacks.

I say, water breathes life. Energy. I'm sure Enya sang about it.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Sam
Wow; that’ll be an impressive theming piece!

On a side note, this will be in a very nice location within Europa if it’s located where I think it is (somewhere between Russia and Greece?). When I’m walking between Wodan and Silver Star at the end of the day, this will fit almost perfectly in between those rides, which will make it a nice way to break up that walk!

Like anything Mack it depends how fast they turn up the LIMS, hopefully the fact the Mack family actually like rollercoasters (unlike Mandy) will mean they don’t run it on the “plodding boredom” setting.

When looking closely at one of the plans at the midway point of the layout (marked stop and start in the noise study plan) there appears to be a double turntable element. Two 4 row trains are even depicted on it. Seems as well as switching over to the next half of the layout it would also double to get trains into the maintenance bays beside there.
Ultimately this has led to speculation about a swing launch/triple launch element here.

Screenshot_20220420-205051.jpg

Wait, this ride has a backwards section? I never knew that!

The spike would seem to suggest a backwards section, anyway…
The previous plans showed a double turntable which also serves the dual purpose for taking trains in and out of the maintenance bay.

Like anything Mack it depends how fast they turn up the LIMS, hopefully the fact the Mack family actually like rollercoasters (unlike Mandy) will mean they don’t run it on the “plodding boredom” setting.
I think they're all LSM aren't they ? LIMs are definitely punchier !

Icon specifically is quite curious in that if it took the initial hill much quicker than it does it probably wouldn't be very comfortable in some rows, but other elements are indeed taken at a crawl.

I think they're all LSM aren't they ? LIMs are definitely punchier !

Icon specifically is quite curious in that if it took the initial hill much quicker than it does it probably wouldn't be very comfortable in some rows, but other elements are indeed taken at a crawl.
Yeah Mack (and most other manufacturers these days) use LSMs, which are much more reliable and advanced than LIMs.

The new documentary episode has dropped. Again, there’s nothing too revealing in it, although it’s reasonably entertaining: -

- they will use LSMs; about three times more than Blue Fire

- they confirm it’s the next generation of Big Dipper (the “Bigger Dipper”)

- there are two areas of water being built, one where the track gets close to that larger expanse of water

- the station will be on two floors (three if you count the basement) and incorporate a courtyard

- the holding down bolts for the footers have arrived, track arrival around January (maybe before)

- as we knew, there will be entrances from both Greece and Russia

- Chip Cleary makes an altogether delightfully bizarre appearance and there’s a shoutout to the Thompson family, along with a potted history of coaster launches

These videos are just so so entertaining, kudos to the creative minds behind them! Chip Cleary’s totally random cameo is one of the best things I have ever seen!

Am currently sat in my room at Bell Rock, can't wait to watch this shortly.

I wasn't expecting that beyond vertical spike that appears to be present. I imagine that will feel sensational. It was interesting to be on park yesterday and imagine how this new area is going to seque smoothly into Greece. It feels like a little bit of a bottleneck at the busiest times, but I imagine they will interconnect the areas nicely enough.

Last edited: