• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Europa-Park General Discussion

Vaguely interesting documentary from De Vijf Zintuigen, visiting the Mack factory in Waldkirch.

1675076444070.png

This is, apparently, an early design for Silver Star that would have run parallel to the access road rather than through the car park.

A sound barrier is being installed on Wodan's first drop:

Europa-Park have also posted this on Instagram:

Not too sure what they mean by "getting a revamp" or "transforming this classic ride into an event more heart-pumping experience". It is likely just marketing speak and this is all standard maintenance. But we shall see!

There’s a lot of focus on the chain in that video….

Could they retrospectively for a launched hill or a faster hill?

Prob just standard maintenance overhyped as stated though.

Last edited:
Manchester airport has some of these in one of the lounges. They seemed pretty good at not crashing into people who step in front of them but otherwise they didn't appear to be doing a whole lot. It was an interesting novelty to have around but not one I'd particularly want to see in a "proper" restaurant
I'd contest that they are relatively capable, if slow. I was recently in a Radisson hotel in San Jose (CA), and observed one approach a lift, press the button itself then proceed inside where it again pressed the floor button.

I'd imagine ferrying plates back and forth is relatively simple in comparison!

Curious that the sound barrier is needed on that side of the ride. It’s not like there are any residential areas nearby in the direction

Apparently it easily spreads to the Southern village of (checks Google Maps), Rheinhausen. It's very flat, unbuilt land between Wodan/Iceland and there, so can understand that it's an issue when the wind catches in the wrong direction.

I get the distinct impression that the local attitude towards EP has been a little more fraught with the expansions of the past decade, so good to see the park are taking the time to take care of this sort of thing.

EP have been given the go ahead for the two construction applications filed recently

The balloons carousel (Flug des Ikarus) is confirmed to be sitting between Paddington Station and Arena of Football on the small pond

While the new station & queue for Josefina is confirmed to be a new 1 floor design - not the previously announced and marketed concepts.
The one-storey building has nine round arches in the south and north elevation. In keeping with the Austrian theme, the building is reminiscent of the Stadtbahn arches that are common in Vienna. When the station building could be realized was not discussed.
Source

I wonder what the intention for the food station and toilets is.

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

There will be a new film in the Enchanted Forest Cinema for 2023:

Looks like Fina & the Yomis will replace the existing Saving the Enchanted Forest show.

I really enjoyed the original show. That animated version of Ed and the gang was very charming.

I’m looking forward to the new effects but I’m not too keen on another unknown IP, although I appreciate I’m not the target audience.

I really enjoyed the original show. That animated version of Ed and the gang was very charming.

I’m looking forward to the new effects but I’m not too keen on another unknown IP, although I appreciate I’m not the target audience.
Isn't this just the story behind Josefina?

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk

I did notice those characters sprinkled around the raft area, but I’d just assumed it was an IP - they didn’t seem to fit in with anything else?

I think it is only an EP story. All created for the ride. With the enhancements that were planned it would have given it more limelight.