• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

2023: General Discussion

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.

Craig

TS Administrator
We're doing things a little different for our 2023 Discussion topic this year, with this first post being updated by the team as and when any major highlights/changes for the 2023 season are announced.

As well as this general topic, we also have dedicated topics for major upcoming changes, and where these are available they're stated and linked below.

So, here's what we know about 2023 so far...

🎟️ Opening times​

You know 2023 is edging a little closer when the website is being updated with provisional opening times for next year! It's worth noting these are likely to be tweaked as the season progresses, so don't take distant dates as gospel just yet! However, the season is slated to begin on Saturday 18th March, with the final weekend of the main season bringing us Fireworks on the 3rd, 4th and 5th November.

🍔 Food and Beverage Changes - Dedicated topic available

As December rolled around, so did a major change to food and beverage at the resort. Following the outsourcing of F&B in the southern parks earlier in the year, food service company Aramark also officially took control of Alton's operations. Although there's been no change to menu content yet, it did bring immediate blanket price increases across outlets of at least 10%. 2023 will be the first main season of operation under this deal, so we await news of further changes (or price increases!). There's a dedicated topic which has followed the changes since it was first announced back in January 2022.

👻 The Curse at Alton Manor - Dedicated topic available

With Duel closing on 6th September 2022 after being "repossessed" and later boarded up for the remainder of the season, work is currently taking place to reimagine the ride for the 2023 season, complete with a new theme and name - The Curse at Alton Manor. We have a dedicated topic for the refurbishment, so please continue discussion on that over there.

🎢 Nemesis Retrack - Dedicated topic available

After closing on the final day of the Fireworks in spectacular fashion, workers moved in quickly to start work on sprucing up Nemesis. A huge retracking project is taking place, with the majority of the ride's supports and track being renewed. Sadly the ride will be closed for the duration of the 2023 season ready for reopening in 2024, but we have a dedicated topic to continue discussion in as there'll be many eagle eyed fans following the ride's progress throughout next season.

👷 Project Horizon (SW9?) - Dedicated topic available

With planning permission now approved, this year could see some changes on park ready for Project Horizon! As with all major projects, we do have a dedicated topic to follow the attraction's progress.

🪑 Bench Extensive Refurbishment - Dedicated topic available

Last but not least, enthusiasts excitedly await the reopening of the bench. First appearing mid-way through the 2019 season, this colourful bench was abruptly closed for the 2022 season. Plans were in place for an extensive slat replacement programme, however much to our disappointment this has since been delayed until 2024. We look forward to an extensive teaser campaign across 2023, with the return of Nemesis supporting the return of this headline attraction.

Don't forget we post updates on our social media visits from the team's visits across the year. You can find these on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

Last edited:
The opening times for 2023 has been released is it just me but there's much more 5pm closures this year than last, still plenty of 4pm closures.

I'm just happy it's open every day of the season I really love the flexibility.

I've noticed that scarefest starts on a Saturday for 2023 as opposed to the Friday like it has for the last few years..

We're still seeing through the 2022 season for a few more weeks, but it's time for the 2023 General Discussion topic. As mentioned previously, we're doing things a little different this year, with this first post being updated by the team as and when any major highlights/changes for the 2023 season are announced.

The 2022 General topic and Christmas 2022 topic will remain open until the end of the resort's Christmas event, so please continue any discussion regarding current updates/changes seen at the resort in there. For the time being, this topic should be used purely for speculation on changes for the 2023 season (e.g. possible event dates/changes) and discussion regarding opening times etc. We also have dedicated topics for major upcoming changes, and where these are available they're linked below.

So, here's what we know about 2023 so far...

Opening times​

You know 2023 is edging a little closer when the website is being updated with provisional opening times for next year! It's worth noting these are likely to be tweaked as the season approaches, especially once any special events are announced - so don't take them as gospel just yet! However, the season is slated to begin on Saturday 18th March, with the final weekend of the main season bringing us Fireworks on the 3rd, 4th and 5th November.

Food and Beverage Changes - Dedicated topic available

As December rolled around, so did a major change to food and beverage at the resort. Following the outsourcing of F&B in the southern parks earlier in the year, food service company Aramark also officially took control of Alton's operations. Although there's been no change to menu content yet, it did bring immediate blanket price increases across outlets of at least 10%. 2023 will be the first main season of operation under this deal, so we await news of further changes (or price increases!). There's a dedicated topic which has followed the changes since it was first announced back in January 2022.

Duel Refurbishment - Dedicated topic available

With the park's signature dark ride closing on 6th September 2022 after being "repossessed" and later boarded up for the remainder of the season, work is currently taking place to reimagine the ride for the 2023 season. We have a dedicated topic for the refurbishment, so please continue discussion on that over there.

Nemesis Retrack - Dedicated topic available

After closing on the final day of the Fireworks in spectacular fashion, workers moved in quickly to start work on sprucing up Nemesis. A huge retracking project is taking place, with the majority of the ride's supports and track being renewed. Sadly the ride will be closed for the duration of the 2023 season ready for reopening in 2024, but we have a dedicated topic to continue discussion in as there'll be many eagle eyed fans following the ride's progress throughout next season.

Project Horizon - Dedicated topic available

Although still in the planning stages, next year could see some changes on park ready for Project Horizon - should it be approved! As with all major projects, we do have a dedicated topic to follow the attraction's progress.
You missed the New Bench and it's associated topic link

I wouldn't read too much into that at the moment, they've got 10 months to change the date
True yet last year was announced This time. We always plan so far in advance so we will have to for now take these dates

Speculation wise, I’d expect Mardi Gras, Oktoberfest and Scarefest to run on the same time frame as this year. Not sure if Festival of Thrills will return, opening hours for it were garbage and it was probably my least favourite event. Looking forward to seeing what 2023 brings, as were already over a month into closed season!

Wish they’d do a proper Feb Half Term event again like they used to!
I think they just had too many years of temperatures below 5 where they couldn’t run the promised ride selection. I think they have tried to expand Christmas instead, although judging by this year doesn’t seem like that is quite working either.

Even if there is/was a plan, I'm sure it'll be put on the back burner until the current economic and recruitment climate improves

This is already bordering off 2023 General Discussion topic but they’red be no point in my opinion. The big rides wouldn’t make it open in this cold temperatures, or I doubt it anyway. Just look at Spinball Whizzer being closed during the cold in the Christmas event for an example.

This is already bordering off 2023 General Discussion topic but they’red be no point in my opinion. The big rides wouldn’t make it open in this cold temperatures, or I doubt it anyway. Just look at Spinball Whizzer being closed during the cold in the Christmas event for an example.
Aren't B&Ms able to run in temperatures as low as - 10C so they could open in winter? I don't know what the minimum temperature needed is for Maurer coasters like Spinball is though.

Status
This topic has been locked. No further replies can be posted.