• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

[2024] Voltron Nevera | Mack Stryker Coaster

Tomorrow, the new ACE Flying School novel is released...

Entitled 'The Phantom of the Underworld', the blurb is as follows:

Excursion to Zagreb with the quirky geography teacher McFinnegan - what initially looks like a normal day at the flying school will soon become the next big adventure for the ACE scouts. The four set off on the trail of an enigmatic phantom that is said to live in the catacombs under the Zagreb theater. When you enter the underworld through a mirror, you not only come across a legendary device by the ingenious inventor Nicola Tesla, but also a hundred-year-old monster ...

Should be interesting, with the exception of Giester EP don’t really have any “dark themes” on park so curious how this plays out.

“Since more than 100 years there’s has been a dark secret deep under the old opera house. A phantom they say lives here in an underground world. It used to be a scientist, a close friend of the famous inventor Nicola Tesla. Through dangerous experiments he was seriously injured. Those who investigate the secret of the phantom in the underground world; will find a mysterious invention - an apparatus.”

“A little tip for all fans: it’s worth taking a look for a glimpse into the future”

One fan has pointed out the described apparatus in the book would fit well to an indoor vertical ride of some kind. However the coasters could also be the 'energy journey' which is even compared to a rollercoaster ride in the book. Would be a crazy move to tease a future ride and it's story which will come after the 2023 coasters, so as nice as EP Tower of Terror would be, most are sticking with the theory that this is the set up for the coaster.

Last edited:
I do hope Flug des Ikarus can move. Whilst nothing special, it would be unusual for the Mack family to just remove a ride. They don't like to bin things.
Okay so I'm not very clued up on Europa so excuse my stupidity but what actually is it? Surely if it's a simple flat ride its removal will be better as it will permit the development of the new coaster. Trying to put it somewhere else would depnd on it's age surely? If it's old there is no point keeping it, on the other hand if it's fairly new then it may well be worth moving.
It's interesting that Thorpe are currently in a similar situation never thought I'd say that Europa has a similar situation to Thorpe.

Has Europa ever actually removed a ride before? Not counting re-themed rides or poor Vineta.

Has Europa ever actually removed a ride before? Not counting re-themed rides or poor Vineta.

Yes. The Taiga Shuttle, later the Kamtschatka Airline Klub was a motion simulator attraction that I rode in 2004. It was removed, and the Arena of Football was constructed in its place.

It remains to be seen if the balloons are relocated!

I wouldn't be surprised if Ikarus spends a year in storage and then reappears with a new name integrated into the new themed area alongside the coaster. Would help round out the (speculated) first phase of the new area too.

I was thinking this also, and I am sure they could make it fit in with any new area. I hope so anyway, as I am pretty sure it's one of the few rides at EP I've not ridden!

End of an era. I'll miss that thing far more than any of the attractions closing to make way for the new coaster.

Also, they seem to be starting a long way from the top. Hopefully they're not just cutting through the whole thing at that height or it could become quite a destructive removal...

It is a shame to see such an icon of Europa-Park removed, but all for a good cause of course. I really cannot wait until we get more details of the new coaster. I wonder if there might be some at the end of the final Vejoy park series episode?

My hopes too, Rob. Episode 6 will come out on 10th February, that would be a lovely sweetener!

It is a shame to see such an icon of Europa-Park removed, but all for a good cause of course. I really cannot wait until we get more details of the new coaster. I wonder if there might be some at the end of the final Vejoy park series episode?
You've just reminded me that I need to watch episode 2. :oops:
Thanks! :)

Taken from the EP Express which runs still for hotel guests to the dinner show.
IMG_3800.png

IMG_3801.png

IMG_3802.png