• ℹ️ Heads up...

This is a popular topic that is fast moving Guest - before posting, please ensure that you check out the first post in the topic for a quick reminder of guidelines, and importantly a summary of the known facts and information so far. Thanks.

30th Birthday Plans - Can you make them better?

saxineno

TS Member
Hi all,

It's my 30th Birthday soon and I'm planning a weekend at the Alton Towers Resort. If I outline my plans on here would some of you experts kindly suggest any improvements that you would make?

Thanks in anticipation!

Friday Night

Early night ready for the next day.

Saturday

Get up early and have a light breakfast before leaving at about 8 o'clock. 2 hour drive to AT.

Arrive and Meet friends at Splash Landing reception before we all go into the waterpark. Wife and I take turns entertaining our 2 year old while the other goes on the slides, reads at poolside etc etc.

Lunchtime is whatever packed lunch type food they're currently selling inside the waterpark.

At 6ish (possibly before if we get bored) then we'll leave and get something to eat at Ma Garrita's, and then the people who are going home on the Saturday can leave. Me and the other people who are staying will then drive down to the chained oak, which I've always wanted to see, and where we've booked the big family room so that we can dump our 2 year old in her own little bedroom bit and stay up later to chat etc.

Sunday

Get up, sample the chained oak's famous cooked breakfast, and walk up to the park ready for early ride time at 9 (we're all annual pass holders). The people coming up just for the Sunday can catch us up when they arrive during the day. We have a gazillion 2 for 1 / free parking vouchers we can use. We also get some free fast tracks due to a complaint I made last year.

Lunch will be Pizza and Pasta Buffet, but if some people don't want to join us then that's fine too.

When the park closes we head back to the chained oak and drive home.

That's all I've got so far... Any suggestions?

Thanks again

David

Sounds more organised then my plans for towers! Chained oak sounds really interesting, I've always wanted to go!

Hope you have a great time!

Ignore Diogo, he's just a cranky troll who's stayed up waaaaay past his bed time! ;)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I'm a big fan of the chained oak b&b, lovely place. In your room there will be directions, but there is a short walk to the staff entrance that you can use if you say you are staying at the b&b. The walk is hardly on the road & a lot closer than the main entrance.

Also worth taking a walk down to the real chained oak, (if you haven't before) it is pretty much next to the b&b, but ask the lady who runs it (liz) if you are unsure. - if you go at night, perhaps sat, it really is eerie. Hopefully the two year old won't mind / realise :) note: you will probably need a torch though. And it is pretty boggy when wet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk